PDA

View Full Version : Two stitches on Triple Mohair Triangle Shawl

cftwo
06-20-2007, 06:45 PM
For those of you who are more experienced with knitting lace than I am...

I am working on this: http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/TripleLarge.html and there reaches a point in the pattern (after row 28 or so) where it says to work in the established pattern until row 65. Each row increases two - one at the each end of the row. Every other row increases one with a yo in the middle. I'm at row 52 and somehow have 2 more stitches on one side than the other and I have no idea where I missed my increases (the yos look like I got them all). I also have no idea whether I'm supposed to have 81 or 79 stitches on each side of the middle at this point or not. So, do I just keep on going with one side having 2 more stitches than the other? Is there a way to figure out which side I need to fix (I think I can fix it subtly)? Frogging mohair is a pain, so I'd rather avoid that if at all possible.

TIA!

Colleen

suzeeq
06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Either live with the extra stitches on one side or sneak more in (one at a time) on the odd rows on the other side. Either way it shouldn't be noticeable once you're done.

sue

Calamintha
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
With lace patterns I usually vote for going back and finding where the mistake is. The reason is because having your stitch count off can throw the lace pattern out of kilter. How does the lace pattern look? Does it look symmetrical? If everything looks symmetrical and there are no obvious mistakes then you could proceed. However, you may come to an area later on where for one reason or other the mistake will cause you to frog at that point.

If you are not already doing so, I recommend counting the number of stitches on every pattern row before going on to the next row.