PDA

View Full Version : Dream Knitting book, need advice

Nobones
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I've just found found my dream Knitting book, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Has any got this? Can you tell if it's any good. I love all the patterns I've seen in there but are they easy to follow or hard?

http://www.knitpicks.com/One+Skein+Wonders_BD30858.html

What are other people's dream books. I.e the 1 book that they would want above ANY other?

Any views on the book grateful, thanks x

snowbear
06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I have that book, and have knit 2 or 3 things out of it. It is perfect for doing something w/ a skein of yarn.. I made something for DD, & DGD out of some expensive wool and it made it special due to the yarn. I enjoyed it..

Also good for quick gifts.

jeanius80
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
i love that book! they have a good variety of patterns and it's organized by yarn weights. love love love it!

threesmom
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I started to post how I just picked this one up at the library, but then I noticed its One Skein Wonders - and I got Oneskein - oops! I'm of no help - but Oneskein is very good, with a quick look. Lots of things I'd like to make, and what appear to be clear instructions. And lots of inspiring pictures.
Sorry I couldn't help with the other though!

Sanibelle
06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
I have that book too and I love it. There are so many easy and fast things to make in it. I have made about 6 or 7 things from it and there are a couple more that I want to do. If you ever need aquick gift, it is a great resource.

Nobones
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
I think it would be perfect for me because I have lots of odd balls, when I see a ball of yarn I like I'll get 1 to see how it knits up, because of that and a friendly neighbor I have odd balls that I don't want to go to waste.

Quiltlady
06-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I have it and have knit a few things from it. It has a LOT to offer....hats, bags, baby sweaters, etc. It's the best "one skein" book that I've seen yet. :cheering:

samm
06-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi! I like my copy a lot. I did the beaded bag minus the beads, and the directions etc. were clear. There are a few things in there I've put on my list to make. There's a top down shrug that is next. Lots of patterns that are a bit different from the ones I have already, and I have a ton of patterns, and the organization of the book is good. Hope this helps! samm

Nobones
06-23-2007, 01:47 PM
It's definably on my to buy list, I'll end up getting it next year. Things are a bit tight at the moment with the car failing it's MOT. Bloody things!

Thanks for the reviews though, they helped me make up my mind.