PDA

View Full Version : soft cotton blend yarn

losnana
06-22-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm looking for a cotton blend yarn that is as soft as Shine but with less tendency to stretch. Does anybody have any ideas? It would be for a sweater. Thanks.:??:??

beckyrhae
06-22-2007, 10:31 PM
I have to say... I love Misti's Cotton Silk. I have a friend that owns an online store and I stopped by her house today to pick up some lace yarn and I fondled the Cotton Silk while there... it was lovely. I'm not sure about the stretch factor because I havent knitted with it myself yet. I bet if you emailed her thesheepstale@suddenlink.net (thesheepstale@suddenlink.net) , she would let you know. I know she is knitting a cami right now with it.

mwedzi
06-23-2007, 03:49 AM
I don't know, seems like the word around town is that cotton and its blends stretch, but I can't be sure of all of them myself. Maybe you could try one that's a good portion wool? There is this one called Cilantro by Nashua that's cotton and nylon and is stretchy like Fixation without being all crinkly in texture, which I dislike. You might be interested in that.

Debbie
06-23-2007, 07:16 AM
I love Knit Picks "Main Line" ...worsted weight, 75 cotton, 25 wool. My candle flame shawl kept its shape after being used as a pillow, blanket and being stuffed in a carry on bag many hours ! It is soft and squishy and has great stitch definition!

kristinw
06-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm using SWTC's Craft for a sweater now. It is part milk fiber and is just wonderful!

losnana
06-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Sorry to be dense, but what is SWTC?

hunterjenn
06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Southwest Trading Company. :)