PDA

View Full Version : Hubby wants a blanket in Denver Broncos colors...any ideas?

Din Knits
06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm a relatively new knitter and my dh has requested that I knit him a blanket/afghan in the Denver Broncos colors...blue and orange. And, because I love him :heart: and because I'm the best wife in the world, :roflhard: I ran out and bought the yarn before I even considered which pattern I'd use. I've been searching online and checked out several books from the library but just haven't found THE pattern. :shrug: Do I knit strips in various patterns, then sew them side by side, or squares of different patterns, or just a big striped afghan? Help!!! I just can't picture in my head what would look best! I've been looking at this yarn for 2 months now and I'm anxious to get started, so I can hopefully complete it before football season begins. (this year or next, I'm not sure...) By the way, the yarn I bought is Plymouth Encore, worsted weight.
Thanks a bunch!! :muah:

mare-nitt
06-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Din Knits,
Boy, if that doesn't sound like something I would do, go buy the yarn first. Any excuse for me to go yarn shopping. :lol:
I too am a beginner, I am sure the forum will come up with all kinds of ideas for you.
Knitting strips sounds good, maybe with different patterns to give it texture, but I am sure there are some fun easy patterns out there, did you look at Lions Yarn for some?
Good luck it will be a good project. Encore is wonderful yarn.
Isn't knitting fun, esp the shopping for yarn part?

Marilynn

Ingrid
06-24-2007, 11:23 AM
How about different colored squares, but with the center one having the horse? You could find one on line and try to make a chart from
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ .

Din Knits
06-24-2007, 01:15 PM
How about different colored squares, but with the center one having the horse? You could find one on line and try to make a chart from
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ .
Thank you, Ingrid! I didn't know about website and after checking it out and playing around with the Broncos logo, I think I have something to work with!

And thanks to you also, Marilyn, for your encouragement! Yes, yarn shopping is fun and VERY hard on the budget! I doubt I learned my lesson though, my yarn stash is growing by leaps and bounds, so I'll be pattern shopping as more ideas pop into my head for Christmas presents.