PDA

View Full Version : Hi Again & Brainstorming Ideas Needed...

SkyBluePink
06-24-2007, 09:13 PM
I apologize for being MIA for the last month. I have completed the move from Florida to Tucson and now find myself crippled on dial-up. This should soon be recified though. :cheering::cheering: In the time I would have spent surfing, I have been knitting and have completed two more booga bags. However, I am trying to think of something durable to put in the bottom of these bags to give them stability when they contain items.

I thought of cardboard, but it seems to bend easily. Anything I pick I will, of course, cover in fabric. I'm all out of ideas though.

Help, please!:shrug:

Thanks,

SBP

Lady Violet
06-24-2007, 09:16 PM
what about that plastic mesh stuff? i can't remember what it's actually called. it seems to be pretty sturdy, and you could probably find some with smaller holes so it's more solid.

momwolf
06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
It's called plastic canvas.I'm gonna try some in my Booga bags
Here is what it looks like
http://www.anniesattic.com/plastic_canvas/list.html

SkyBluePink
06-25-2007, 09:09 AM
That's actually not a bad idea. I have never even thought of that stuff. Maybe if I double up on a couple of pieces and then sew some fabric around it. Excellent!

Thanks guys! :muah:

Jeremy
06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Not that its going to help these bags but how about doubling up on the yarn for the bottom ie. knitting with two strands at once?

LadyB
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
You could also use some 1/8" MDF or maybe some balsa wood -- like is used for model gliders/planes. Or, if you're feeling REALLY crafty, you could do some paper mache to the thickness and hardness you want.

MrsDavis3
06-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Just around my house, I'd be able to find a plastic lid, a painted metal dinner plate from my little girl's play kitchen set, an old vinyl record album, a CD if you need something small, a ridid woven straw hot pad from the kitchen (for setting hot pans on)...

Confession: I'm not really sure what a booga bag is!

Also: my condolences on having to put up with a dial-up internet connection. I live in two places, and one of them is out in the country with nothing but dial-up available. It's so bad, that I really can't do much more than some email and looking at the front page of the NY Times. IT ABSOLUTELY DRIVES ME NUTS. Usually I just have to wait until I get back to my city house to do anything interesting.