PDA

View Full Version : OPAL is d-o-n-e!

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Well, I finally got OPAL done. It was an incredibly easy pattern, as patterns go! All knit in 5 easy pieces, using a little check pattern.
My yarn is RY Cashsoft Baby DK: 57% extra fine merino/33% microfibre/10% cashmere. Incredibly soft and yummy. The color is what I would call "nude" with pink undertones.

The collar and cuffs were also easy, but they were tedious to place onto the edge of the sweater. I liked the fact that the buttonholes were just knit into every other "check" all the way up! No button bands to pick up and knit! :happydance:

The pattern is an Elsebeth Lavold pattern, in her book called Sentimental Journey. I made my OPAL longer than the model.
HERE (http://www.ingenkonst.se/sjc4_e.htm) is a link to the pattern on Elsebeth's website.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1942.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1939.jpg

Petals
06-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Beautiful!! Great work as always!

LeslieRR
06-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh that's really lovely! Great job!

mimi
06-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Exquisite, and you chose a perfect color, too. Congratulations.

nonny2t
06-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Mimi stole my sentiments! It is truly an exquisite piece of work and the color is extraordinary! :inlove:

flyingfingers
06-25-2007, 08:07 AM
That sweater is absolutely, fantastically, outrageously gorgeous !!!!!!
What a wonderful work of art !!!!

DeAnzaJig
06-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I like the basketweave. Your sweater is very beautiful!

auburnchick
06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
:passedout:

rorygilmore
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
You sweater is so pretty! I would never have the patience to knit that..

Sanibelle
06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
That is so gorgeous - I love the way you did the collar and the sleeves. WOW

Teeka
06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Most excellent! I would love to be able to knit half as well as you do! :cheering:

Mommy22alyns
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
That is amazing!!! :inlove:

kemp
06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Very pretty!

redheadrachel
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
It's just beautiful! I love the pattern and the yarn goes perfectly with it. I'm in awe :D

Hygiene Mama
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
That's beautiful! I love the color~!

walmin22
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow so pretty! Great Job.

chrislt8
06-25-2007, 01:37 PM
That is beautiful! Your skills amaze me :notworthy:

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words everyone! :muah: I had fun knitting this sweater. The yarn cooperated so nicely! Almost didn't need to block the pieces, but, decided to block in the end. That is what took so long to get to seaming. The blocking board was busy with my Crazy Quilt Afghan squares...so OPAL had to wait her turn in line!

KnittingNat
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
ArtLady, as usual - your work is stunning!:passedout:

UnspeakableJoy
06-25-2007, 04:34 PM
It's stunning!!! :notworthy:

GinnyG
06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
:passedout: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan in CA
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
:passedout: That is beautiful!

AussieYank
06-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!

Susan P.
06-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Really lovely and I also like the cuffs matching the collar.

Cristy
06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
awesome job as always--it looks so beautiful!

Tutu Carol
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
That is absolutely beautiful. WOW

sue in canada
09-15-2007, 10:07 PM
That looks fantastic. Your work is always beautiful.

momwolf
09-15-2007, 11:15 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_113.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_119.gif

dip's mom
09-16-2007, 08:20 AM
that really is beautiful -- how do you get so much done?

GiddyKnitter
09-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow Artlady
That is so lovely and I love the colour you have chosen. I love RYC yarns...I bought their Classic book 16 yesterday they have sone fabulous things in it all using
Cashsoft with silk! Cant wait to get started on something XX

dustinac
09-16-2007, 10:11 AM
:passedout: Pretty!!!

robynbird
09-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm in awe! I haven't ever made a sweater...you make it seem so easy!

Slim
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
ArtLady, you've done it again! Opal is exquisite! The lacy collar and cuffs soften the geometric stitch pattern of the sweater beautifully. It's just perfect!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

MerigoldinWA
09-16-2007, 02:01 PM
ArtLady,

I have not seen you on lately, but maybe I've just not seen and you were here. I see this sweater was posted in June. I love this sweater. The color is just beautiful, the buttons are perfect. I really like the lace edgings, they were worth the effort to put on. The checks have a lot of texture to them. Was this for yourself? It is so nice.

ArtLady1981
09-16-2007, 07:59 PM
that really is beautiful -- how do you get so much done?

Our five children are all married and out of the house! That helps! :happydance:

I am self-employed. Work weekends. No time clock. That also helps! :happydance:

ArtLady1981
09-16-2007, 08:04 PM
ArtLady,

I have not seen you on lately, but maybe I've just not seen and you were here. I see this sweater was posted in June. I love this sweater. The color is just beautiful, the buttons are perfect. I really like the lace edgings, they were worth the effort to put on. The checks have a lot of texture to them. Was this for yourself? It is so nice.

Hi Merigold! :waving: Yes, this cardigan is mine! I just love it!
I wear it for church with a light beige/cream skirt. I really should make a tank for it...but alas, not enough leftover yarn. (My LYS doesn't have any skeins left in that color.)

I am making a "Column of Leaves" scarf with the leftover 2.5 skeins. I think I will wear the scarf with it in winter!

Ya know, if we miss each other again...we can always locate a friend in KH search engine, and click "see all her posts"...and it will tell you what your friend has been up to!:thumbsup:

I thought maybe you had been on vacation...summertime and all!

Stay in touch!

hellokitty165
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
i should learn from you ... concentrate on one pattern ...i started too many knit patterns and ended up never finish it

dun mind i ask, are u a full time housewife ???

you finished quick...one after another..:passedout:. you must have knit fast ...great job and nice stitch and great color that you had picked out :thumbsup:

Lima
09-16-2007, 09:11 PM
This is very VERY charming!!!

CONGRATES!!!:hug:

ArtLady1981
09-17-2007, 04:21 AM
i should learn from you ... concentrate on one pattern ...i started too many knit patterns and ended up never finish it

dun mind i ask, are u a full time housewife ???

you finished quick...one after another..:passedout:. you must have knit fast ...great job and nice stitch and great color that you had picked out :thumbsup:

Hi Kitty! :waving: I don't mind sharing a little bit about myself although I am not really very interesting! Our 5 children are grown, married, and out of the house...raising their kids and paying taxes! We have 10 grandchildren from them!
I have always been self-employed. I have been in the art business since 1980...I sell art on commission...and my art shows are on the weekends usually. So, yes...I am home with the 4 dogs while DH goes off for a regular kind of job! :teehee:

I can manage my own time, when I want and what I want.
Not so when the house was bursting with kids and all their friends, and all their drama! I really admire all the young mothers I have met here at KH that find the time to manage a household, maybe a day job, plus knit and share a little of their time with us KH-ers! You are all so amazing!

Hang on...you will get to where I am at...but in the meantime...enjoy yourself along the way! Do what you can, when you can, with no regrets!
Knit on Good Women!:happydance:

hellokitty165
09-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi Kitty! :waving: I don't mind sharing a little bit about myself although I am not really very interesting! Our 5 children are grown, married, and out of the house...raising their kids and paying taxes! We have 10 grandchildren from them!
I have always been self-employed. I have been in the art business since 1980...I sell art on commission...and my art shows are on the weekends usually. So, yes...I am home with the 4 dogs while DH goes off for a regular kind of job! :teehee:

I can manage my own time, when I want and what I want.
Not so when the house was bursting with kids and all their friends, and all their drama! I really admire all the young mothers I have met here at KH that find the time to manage a household, maybe a day job, plus knit and share a little of their time with us KH-ers! You are all so amazing!

Hang on...you will get to where I am at...but in the meantime...enjoy yourself along the way! Do what you can, when you can, with no regrets!
Knit on Good Women!:happydance:

thanks for telling me about yourself... i m a full time housewife too, no kids... got plenty of time, travel with my husband to work most of the time...maybe i just need to focus more on my knitting... sometime 24 hours is never enough for a day... you had a wonderful family of so many children and grandkids... and yes i envy and admire those mothers out there who work full time and had little kids in grade school and they still knits... bravo for those mums out there !

Sissy
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Artlady,
This is beautiful.....I hope to knit something that nice some day,LOL! The color os wonderful.........Enjoy! Sissy:woot:

PurlyGyrl
09-17-2007, 10:50 AM
:passedout: OMGosh. WOW! Absolutely fabulous as always. :yay:

MerigoldinWA
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
ArtLady,

Good idea about checking the "see all posts" spot. I had not thought of that. Duh?

I did go for a week to visit one of my DDs but now that I am back, quite the contrary, I have been working. Which I normally don't do. I was sitting with a lady in the hospital at night for 12 hour shifts (not every night). And now she is home and I'm still helping out. Working nights is just not natural, and the days are mostly spent recuperating. I am knitting some at night though.

I need to go to bed in fact.

See ya,

Merigold

winterblues
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
You put so much work into it and you did an excellent job indeed. The colour is really lovely too. :woohoo: :flirt:

ArtLady1981
09-19-2007, 02:44 AM
Hi Winterblues! Hi PurlyGirl! Hi Sissy! :waving:

Thanks for your kind words! I appreciate your compliments very much! It is really nice to have 'knitting sisters and brothers' who appreciate what we do, doesn't it?

I am the lone knittin' ranger in my fam. My fam loves getting the knits as gifts as a symbol of my love...but they really have no clue about the time and expense that goes into those gifts! None whatsoever. Well, I will say this for them: they take good care of all their knitted gifts. And, they wear them! :happydance:

Debkcs
09-19-2007, 03:34 AM
I know you've received lots of kudos on this sweater, but I just have to add mine. Went to look at your other work, and you are definitely an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely work with us!

AnotherBecca
09-19-2007, 04:23 AM
So incredible! All that goregous detail!

WandaT
09-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow! Incredible!

ArtLady1981
09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I know you've received lots of kudos on this sweater, but I just have to add mine. Went to look at your other work, and you are definitely an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely work with us!

Hi'ya MadDeb! :waving: I appreciate your kind words, I really do!

I loved working with this pattern and the yarn! How sweeet is that?

The yarn almost didn't need blocking except for taming the lacework! I am making a Branching Out scarf now with the leftover yarn. I think it will look good with OPAL. :happydance:

Tutu Carol
09-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I looked again @ your sweater & honestly, it is the most beautiful sweater I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing. It really is a breath taking project !!! Some day I wanna knit like you!

ArtLady1981
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I looked again @ your sweater & honestly, it is the most beautiful sweater I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing. It really is a breath taking project !!! Some day I wanna knit like you!

Hi'ya Carol! :waving: Thanks! It feels yummy, too! It was an incredibly easy pattern. Even the lace was easy...knit separately and attached later. This would be a good first sweater project!

becjo
09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
WOW! It looks warm! The collar is beautiful work too!

ArtLady1981
09-22-2007, 03:24 AM
WOW! It looks warm! The collar is beautiful work too!

Thanks becjo! :waving: I love this cardigan. Of all the cardigans I have knit...it is the only sweater that my DH ever saw on the blocking board and said "wow, that is a pretty sweater".