PDA

View Full Version : anyone use Araucania Nature Cotton? can't seem to find a perfect pattern for it

VictoiseC
06-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Wel I've had a bag of this cotton sitting around for 3 months and summer's going to be over before I get around to using it. It's just about this color I'm typing with and I'm afraid it'll look sickish if I don't use the right pattern. ick, I don't like that color...why did I buy it! Anyhow, I think I want either a chunky little shrug/sweater thingy, short, or maybe a loose beach-like simple pullover with wide neckline would be better. Not having knitted with cotton a lot except dishcloths, I just don't know.
If anyone has knitted with this, pls let me know what you made!

Momto G B and H
06-26-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm using it for a Clapotis and it looks lovely. It is quite heavy. so obviously a winter shawl.

aineepooh1
06-27-2007, 01:55 AM
I have never used it but could you try it out with a quick summer project like a sarong for a swimsuit~
BTW: did you get it at littleknits?? I have looked at this cotton several times on their homepage:think:

marykz
06-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I made an anthropogie capelet with one of their multicolor cottons- love it!! it is heavy, but not overly warm.

VictoiseC
06-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, Ainee... I did get it at Little Knits. Since that order I've decided I have to be more careful coz I sometimes end up with a color I really don't like that much. The pink on their website was prettier than what I got.

I never thought about a shawl with cotton! Hmmmmmm

I'll have to look at those patterns, thanks.

Right now I'm swatching to see if it would work for this Sonnet cardigan at Knitty.

roxop
07-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I've been using this yarn a lot. I love the colors and the possible combinations.
What about a boat neck sweater with the square front and back and drop shoulders? I'm doing one for myself in colors 28 and 215 (Patagonia yarn - small stripes on the sleeves and front and back)
http://www.woolieewe.com/views/viewYarnCard.asp?ID=654

http://www.woolieewe.com/views/viewYarnCard.asp?ID=654

GinnyG
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm having the same problem, I bought a bag of nature cotton in an apricot color from redneedleyarns.com when they were having their sale. Now I'm not real sure I even like the color and don't know what to do with it.

I just finished a cotton cardigan in Schaefer Sandra, my first cotton project, and I'm not real excited about cotton.

kerilld
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm also interested in a hat pattern for a man. I bought some in colors that my hubby would like, and assumed that they'd have some patterns on their website. Either they don't, or I can't find them.
Thanks for any help!

VictoiseC
07-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Roxop, that sounds nice and I like those colors. I FINALLY found a pattern and started it. After I got about 4 inches in, I thought I hated it, like it'd look like I was wearing a dishtowel or something. I put it down for a few days, then said oh what the heck and knitted some more on it. Then I started liking it. I don't know...we'll see. I'll take a pic later and post it.

Yeah, Ginny, cotton is like.... more strenuous than a nice pliable wool or alpaca. I make sure I have a couple things going so I don't have to just work on the cotton!

OH...what is the pattern I'm doing: ummmmm momento....

ahhah, it's Sonnet at Knitty.com

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall03/PATTsonnet.html

But I think I'll make the sleeves short, or elbow length. It's a very chunky cotton and I think it'll look good in this pattern oh yeah,
and it's kind of a thrill to knit my first SIDEWAYS sweater! Fun, that's for sure. If it turns out I'm going to do a lot more in wool coz I hate the seaming shaping thing (sort of)

VictoiseC
07-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Kerrild, I think you'd better post that request separately or no one will answer!