PDA

View Full Version : blue faced leicester?

syndactylus
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
is this type of yarn soft?
is there something special about it?
does anyone know of a site that tells you all the mysteries of stuff like this and other things like shetland, etc. mean, with descriptions?

Silver
06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes, BFL wool is very soft. It's my favorite breed of wool for spinning!

This site (http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/sheep/) lists some good info about different sheep breeds. Mostly it's about the sheep, but also mentions the differences in their fleeces.

Julie
06-27-2007, 07:35 PM
It's my favorite spinning wool, too. Very soft and sproingy and it takes dye beautifully. :thumbsup:

dakatzmeow
06-27-2007, 10:07 PM
:heart: i'm lucky enough to own a ball of silver's bfl yarn that she spun herself, and is dyed in a oneofakind colorway, come to silver.:muah:

i haven't decided what to do with it yet. i considered the one skein wonder, but i'm not sure yet. i'm just biding my time until the perfect project jumps out at me.:cheering:

syndactylus
06-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Cute sheep, thanks for the link!
Now I want to go on a sheep-inspecting tour.
Especially to Wensleydale.

Silver
06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
:heart: i'm lucky enough to own a ball of silver's bfl yarn that she spun herself, and is dyed in a oneofakind colorway, come to silver.:muah:

i haven't decided what to do with it yet. i considered the one skein wonder, but i'm not sure yet. i'm just biding my time until the perfect project jumps out at me.:cheering:
Pleeeease send me pix when you've knit it up. I can't wait to see what you make with it!! I miss that hank... It was such a purty one. I do hope you love it! :heart: