PDA

View Full Version : Announcing my craft blog!

Nobones
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Just a quick message to announce that I've set up my own craft blog, to cover my knitting, tatting and crochet work- see my signature for the link.

There's not much there right now, but I plan to make little films demonstrating simple tatting and crochet stitches, as well of course as showing what's on my needles etc.

VictoiseC
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
cool! looking forward to seeing it nobones and of course learning lots of things!:thumbsup:

DQ
06-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Oof fab! I'll look forward to the crochet videos...maybe they'll tempt me into trying to learn again!

Nobones
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys! Crochet and tatting videos coming soon!

BostonBecca
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I added you to my blog reader! Nice job on the armwarmers!

Nobones
07-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks! I've got hubby to update for me today, it's not knitting, but something I'm quite pleased with. What do you guys think?

Susan P.
07-01-2007, 10:19 AM
You do beautiful work so it's nice to see you have a site to exhibit and share your talents. I'll look out for the crochet vids to as I can never get the hang of anything beyond a chain. That tatted collar is really lovely..how does that attach?

Nobones
07-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I think you'd attach it a neck line using the same colour sewing thread. I'm thinking of making one to go on a Victorian costume I'm working on, I'd like to do cuffs to match too.

I'll be making some crochet video's on Tuesday, I'll let people know when they are online.

VictoiseC
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Can you believe it: I don't know what "tatting" is. ! And I lived in England too.

Nobones
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
'Tatting' is a form of lace making, using a shuttle, thread, and only 1 stitch! I'll post more photo's soon. I hope to go to a tatting day on the weekend, I'll update my blog then too.

I learnt to tat before I learnt to knit, I've only recently picked it up again.

jjminarcik
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm interested in learning tatting! It seems like no one does it anymore. . .

Nobones
07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll be putting 'how to' video's on my blog. We've done the first tatting one, and drained the batteries, once they are charged up hubby can start putting it on the net etc. I'll let you know when the first video is online.

Nobones
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I've updated my blog today, after spending a pleasant day tatting. Read more on my blog!

Sharly
07-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi Nobones!

I am so impressed with your tatting! My grandmother used to do beautiful work, and the great thing about tatting is that it lasts forever.

A few years ago, I saw a lady tatting and she was surprised I knew what it was! She spent some time with me and taught me the basics. I know the mechanics, and can actually tat, but I wouldn't say I've ever really completed anything. Tatting isn't very forgiving if you make a mistake. I usually get frustrated and quit.

I don't have anyone to teach it to, so I am glad that there are people like yourself who continue this lost art and hope that you will pass it on to future generations!!

lissie
07-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Echoing the rest here. Your tatting is gorgeous. I also like the aeroplane washcloth a lot. :thumbsup:

Nobones
07-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm really please that people like the work I do. I'm so pleased I started a blog, now other people get to see my work. Thank you for kind comments. Hubby is working on the first tatting video. It should be online soon.

Nobones
07-08-2007, 12:23 PM
O.K, Hubby has updated my blog for me, we've added my first video! It's on tatting, so if you fancy a go at tatting or just want to hear what I sound like, take a look at my blog!

I'd love to hear what you think so let me know.

misha rf
07-08-2007, 12:41 PM
The video is great!! And your tatting is lovely!! :inlove:

BostonBecca
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
It is lovely.

:think:

Nobones
07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Thank you, I'm so pleased you like it.

nadja la claire
07-08-2007, 01:47 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Great Blog!!!!!!!!

I really liked the tatting videos and you look so cool on your dress design page.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

KnittingNat
07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I love your accent...It's soooo coool... And i loved the video, though i don't think i'll be trying tatting, but i really enjoyed watching :cheering:

Marni
07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I've only had a chance to take a quick peek. Looks cool! I love that dress you're wearing in it; not that I'm goth, but like it nonetheless.

I'd seen a tatting thing at JoAnns, but had no idea what it's used for or how it's used until now. Thanks! I'll stop by when I'm not up to my elbows with canning strawberry jam.

VictoiseC
07-09-2007, 12:05 PM
So that's tatting! Whew. I get nervous thinking about it. I mean doing it, I don't think I'd have the patience but then that's what my sister said when I told her how I love to knit. It looks well, not just difficult but extremely time consuming, like it'd take a year to make something:shock:! Anyhoo, love the video (esp the music) and thanks for the pix.
Nice you had that tatting day out with the ladies and won something on top of it.

Nobones
07-12-2007, 11:30 AM
UPDATED BLOG

Thanks for all your lovely messages, I've updated my blog today, something which took no time to make.

VictoiseC, tatting a simple motif doesn't take long, the collar I made only took 2 evenings work, I probably wouldn't have made any mistakes if the telly hadn't been on!

I've got an knitted item I want to make, just have to wait patiently for the yarn to arrive. Waiting is not something I'm good at.

So take a look at my blog and see what you think. I'd love to hear if people like it or not.