PDA

View Full Version : Little socks and a log cabin dishcloth

Robinknits
06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Here area couple of recently finished projects. The socks are for my 5 yr old son. They were my first try at short row heels. So I'm pretty proud of them. DS loves them, so that's what counts.

I just discovered the log cabin technique and thought I'd try it out with some leftover dishcloth cotton. It was very fun to do and I like the look of it. Oh, and I added a row of single crochet around the edges. That seemed to really complete it.

nonny2t
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Great job on the socks and dishcloth!

Chel
06-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Lovely. I have been meaning to try log cabin-ing myself but haven't. :) You make me want to though!!!!!

newamy
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Cute socks. I think socks for kids are daring because once they are finished the kid is likely to out grow them!
I've done a few Log Cabin dish cloths, it's a great way to test the technique and use up some left over cotton. Yours is nice.

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I love the socks! That yarn is great!

I never thought of practicing log cabin on a dishcloth. Your's turned out really good. The Mason Dixon Knitting book has a good log cabin bathroom rug. I made it, and my kids just love it. I'll bet you would enjoy the pattern as well.

larudden
06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
So, how do you pick up the stitches on that log cabin without creating a really yucky looking back? On my road trip, I was trying it out from the Mason-Dixon book but I got this horrible ridge on the back and I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it. I tried picking up the stitches all kind of ways but STILL got that ridge. UGH!

Love the socks too! I wish I was brave enough to give it a shot. I even bought some awesome yarn on Long Island. Right now, I just look at it and dream.
Blessings,
Leslie

Robinknits
06-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Larudden - As for picking up stitches, I just did it the only way I know how. You can tell the back is the back, but it doesn't look that bad.

auburnchick
06-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Don't most knitted pieces have a RS and a WS? I consider the side with the ridges the WS, and I make sure that I pick up stitches so that the ridges are on the WS each time.

Cristy
07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Adorable! I love the colors on those socks!:cheering: