PDA

View Full Version : What shall I start with?

SusanAnn
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I looked at the " Getting Started" section, and liked the little stars there, but the link for the pattern didn't work:??........I was going to knit a scarf , the lady at the local wool shop said just cast on and do it you don't need a pattern, but being a bit nervous about the whole thing I think a pattern would help me.....has anyone got any suggestions for good beginner projects?

Angelia
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
You might want to PM Amy to let her know about the link so that she can either remove the pattern or update the link.

One of my favorite scarves--looks great and is a great scarf for a new knitter--is the Scrunchable Scarf (http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftsscarf.htm). I have two and wear them all winter.

SusanAnn
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks, the scrunchable scarf looks good:thumbsup:......you're right about reporting the link, I'll do it now.

Knitting_Guy
06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Most folks start with a scarf of some sort. I started with a 2x2 ribbed scarf. No pattern needed. It's a good way to just start off and practice the stitches and get a feel for your natural tension.