PDA

View Full Version : yarn diet.well, more like fasting. HELP!

jeanius80
06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
so i didn't start knitting until february this year.and found out (two weeks late) there is a fiber fair (?) in tacoma annualy. i made a promise to dh that i would make one last $60 purchase and then stash bust until next january. yikes. so i am asking, do you think i should buy up some blanks from kp, or a co-op peace fleece order? either would make me happy. i just can't make a decision. i am in your hands!

jeanius80
06-30-2007, 04:47 PM
*bump*

jeanius80
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
ok well, thanks for the 4 votes (all for kp:) ) off to cancel my co-op order and browse kp :cheering:
thanks jan, i didn't realize i was confusing...:aww:
ok. i get one last order to tide me over for about 6 months (poor me ;-)) i get to spend no more than $60. so i need thoughts on this since either option would be great for me. i could buy a bunch of peace fleece yarn through my co-op, or a bunch of KP bare.and it just dawned on me that i could order the options set and still be ok too. :doh: see why i need help? :teehee: i can't make up my own mind! Thanks!

Jan in CA
06-30-2007, 05:44 PM
ok well, thanks for the 4 votes (all for kp:) ) off to cancel my co-op order and browse kp :cheering:

It's only been posted for three hours or so which doesn't give much time. I barely understand the question though or the poll.. :??

aineepooh1
07-01-2007, 01:47 AM
so... you can either buy $ 60 now at KP.. or fleece peace coop~

can you save the $ 60 for the fiber fair .. or did you miss it by the 2 weeks..
IM CONFUSED~!:shrug:

Quiltlady
07-01-2007, 04:38 AM
I think if you had a third option on your poll as "Don't Know" you would see a lot more responses. That's how I would have voted.:oo:

Sanibelle
07-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I hope this does not sound too dumb but what is coop peace fleece?????

Doodknitwit
07-01-2007, 09:15 AM
ditto............. huh?? :shrug: :eyes:

zkimom
07-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Ok -- this is what I think Jean is saying:

She has $60 to spend on yarn.

She can't decide on whether to spend her money on some bare yarns from KnitPicks or on some Peace Fleece. (http://www.peacefleece.com/knitting.htm)

Right, Jean?

Personally, I think either choice will be a good one. Dyeing yarn is fun and you can get plenty of it from KP but that yarn from Peace Fleece looks yummy.

Best,
Susan

aineepooh1
07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Peace fleece.. they have some cool looking stuff and the colors on thier yarn just POPS~!:thumbsup:

threesmom
07-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I'd go KP bare - it's a two-fer to me: that way you get dying pleasure AND knitting pleasure. You might get a little more bang for your buck too - I like quantity, particularily when KP's quality seems pretty equal to peace fleece. I do like peace fleece, though, and the colors are very nice ... I have a skein of ancient fern - it's really pretty ...
And you know - if you need support stash busting, I probably should do a bit of dieting too - I"ve taken to sneaking the orders and new yarns into the house for fear of disparaging remarks from dh :aww:. He doesn't understand ... he just doesn't:shrug:.

jeanius80
07-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I'd go KP bare - it's a two-fer to me: that way you get dying pleasure AND knitting pleasure. You might get a little more bang for your buck too - I like quantity, particularily when KP's quality seems pretty equal to peace fleece. I do like peace fleece, though, and the colors are very nice ... I have a skein of ancient fern - it's really pretty ...
And you know - if you need support stash busting, I probably should do a bit of dieting too - I"ve taken to sneaking the orders and new yarns into the house for fear of disparaging remarks from dh :aww:. He doesn't understand ... he just doesn't:shrug:.
mine too! :teehee: my last couple of orders have been fairly small... two skeins of wool silk form MCY on ebay(will be a scarf probably!), and a fairly big, but great steal!, from discontinuedyarn.com for baby blanket gifts. so last night i decided to order a 4oz ball of zephyr wool-silk in ebony. tomorrow i am probably going to place an order with KP, even though i am totaly in love with the Laura's Coral color (actualy, most of peace fleece's colors!):heart: and tyhen i am done, and saving up for January :happydance:

threesmom
07-02-2007, 10:55 AM
OOO - wool silk! :heart:
My so-called diet only lasts until October and Stitches East(!). As of my last order, I promised myself I wouldn't buy anthing else before then, (I even got some dye and bare to try dying my own!)but .... a week later, and already I'm thinking one little skein wouldn't be so bad.:teehee: Good luck to you!!

jeanius80
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
that's where i mess up everytime "oh, just one little bitty skein" but not this time! i am hoping to have enough cash saved up to take a class or two as well as shop a bunch too :mrgreen:

LibraryLady
07-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Present the situation to DH this way - :teehee:

I'm buying thus-n-such yarn to make a gift for so-n-so's birthday next month... :whistle:

Then knit away and have the gift giving situation solved! :knitting:

LL