PDA

View Full Version : WIPs

nadja la claire
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I've put my DH's sweater down for a little bit because the weather had been so hot. I'll pick it up and finish it soon. I started a scarf as something I can carry around with me. It's my own design except for the boarder, which is of course Brooke Nelson's boarder from the Column of Leaves, (it's my favorite). I'm making it out of Karaoke. I've also started a Wild Stripes Baby Blanket from Knitty. I love the colors and it's made with KP Merino Style so it's affordable. I work on it at night when I don't really want to think too much.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

UnspeakableJoy
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Very pretty!!! I wish someone I knew were having a baby so I could knit baby blankies! :teehee:

auburnchick
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, Nadja...the colors are just breathtaking! You have amazing taste in yarn! :inlove:

Unspeakable, I think there's a charity knitalong for baby stuff. This might be a great way for you to do that kind of knitting! :thumbsup:

soobeeoz
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow, those colours are beautiful!

knitwit628
07-02-2007, 11:00 PM
:inlove: those colors look yummmmmy! :lol:

chrislt8
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
ohh...I love the colors! especially the scarf :heart::heart::heart: Nice work

sig
07-03-2007, 07:16 AM
i love those colors!!! :inlove:

kashadilla
07-03-2007, 01:35 PM
uh. good luck on the blanket. I made that for a friend of mine, and I stopped short because I was so sick of it...after 7 months. I also ended up not even doing any of the embroidery on it, because I used a fleece for the backing, I didn't really need to.

Nobones
07-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Those colours are beautiful. I love the scarf. I haven't been brave enough to try a sweater yet, it's on to knit list though.

Mariblue
07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Beautiful colors! :inlove:

ADAllen
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
that blanket looks fun!

Doodknitwit
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
wow!!! lovely colors on both!!!

Jan in CA
07-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Ooooo so pretty!!

GinnyG
07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Ditto the beautiful colors!!!!

ritaw
07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Absolutely adorable.
I love the colour combination.

I hope all is well with you Nadja:muah:

nadja la claire
07-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I showed my pregnant DIL the what I had done on the blanket and she loved it.

Kashadilla, I hope it doesn't take 7 months I mean she's due in February and I'd like to have it done for Christmas. I'm into the 2nd pattern round so I've got 1 more to go and I'm going to get help with the fabric panel and the embroidery. I really stink at sewing.

I love the colors of the scarf but I don't think I ever use Karaoke again. It sticks to it self so correcting mistakes is very difficult and the quality control leaves much to be desired.

Nadja xxx

mornnen
07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I think those blanket colors are just great!!

Braden
07-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Everything looks great!

robynbird
07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Beautiful!! :)

ArtLady1981
07-10-2007, 03:42 AM
As usual, Nadja, you take our breath away! Good work! :thumbsup:

Question about your Karaoke yarn. One of our Moderators, Ingrid, knit and posted a photo of her Karaoke scarf HERE (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61208) at KH under "Cables in Variegated Yarn"...just scroll to the middle of the page to view it...it is the first one.

Her Karaoke color is "Mermaid"...but...notice how her colorway transitions ever so slowly...kind of like a watercolor effect?

Your Karaoke has more definite color stripings. Did you knit your Karaoke straight off the skein as it presented itself?

Do you know...does Karaoke stripe differently per skein, per color?

Thanks for any help. I am shopping for some Karaoke now, and I need to know about its attributes. I am going to knit a Celtic patterned scarf...and the yarn must be a very subtle colorway.

If the yarn colorway is too definite...the cabling and the colors will fight for the attention...and the battle for your "eye" will cause the scarf to be shot down.

nadja la claire
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
As usual, Nadja, you take our breath away! Good work! :thumbsup:

Question about your Karaoke yarn. One of our Moderators, Ingrid, knit and posted a photo of her Karaoke scarf HERE (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61208) at KH under "Cables in Variegated Yarn"...just scroll to the middle of the page to view it...it is the first one.

Her Karaoke color is "Mermaid"...but...notice how her colorway transitions ever so slowly...kind of like a watercolor effect?

Your Karaoke has more definite color stripings. Did you knit your Karaoke straight off the skein as it presented itself?

Do you know...does Karaoke stripe differently per skein, per color?

Thanks for any help. I am shopping for some Karaoke now, and I need to know about its attributes. I am going to knit a Celtic patterned scarf...and the yarn must be a very subtle colorway.

If the yarn colorway is too definite...the cabling and the colors will fight for the attention...and the battle for your "eye" will cause the scarf to be shot down.

Thank you so much. Your very kind but your work is so incredible, it's your work that's breathing.

I did knit directly from the skein. It is a beautiful yarn as far as color is concerned and it is supposed to have the same stripe pattern but as I said earlier in this thread the quality control is not very good. One of the skeins had a real problem with clumping. Also the yarn thickness was not uniform, I don't mind this if the difference in thickness is minor but in the case of these skeins this problem was extreme. There is also a problem of the yarn sticking to itself which made correcting mistakes very difficult. I also noticed that sometimes the stripes were not uniform in size. I don't know if these problems are common with the Karaoke or if they were unique to this particular lot. It's not a cheap yarn ($9.50 for 109 yrds) so I don't know if I'd use it again. If I do it will probably be only for a felting project.

A Celtic pattern would look beautiful in this yarn but it would also be a pain in the butt. If you liked the color that I used look for #299.

Nadja :knitting: