PDA

View Full Version : Blog Question.....Your Opinion Please

Arielluria
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I've become a blogging fool, with several now (Lu Knits (http://luknits.blogspot.com/), Bible KB (http://biblekb.blogspot.com/) & Lu Gardens (http://lugardens.blogspot.com/)), I love to blog about everything that makes life wonderful for me. I blog mostly about knitting but I also have lots of other stuff I do which I want to post about (links below in my sig).........I was wondering what your opinions are..........I created ONE log merging the postings from my 3 favorite blogs, it's called Lu's Views (http://arielluria.wordpress.com/) (for now).........Any and all opinions are welcome.

Knitting_Guy
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm not really sure what a "merged blog" would be. I keep a blog at a blog site called Joeuser.com and just blog about whatever nonsense crosses my mind at the time.

larudden
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
One big ol' blog with everything in it!

Quiara
07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Mine is "merged," I guess you could say. But I'm in a unique situation. I have 17 alters, 4 of whom also have their own blogs. I have one, Hannah Grace has one, Lyn has one, Alex has one and Susan has one. We're all blogging independently though there is obviously some overlap, given that we share a single body.

mwedzi
07-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Mine is "merged," I guess you could say. But I'm in a unique situation. I have 17 alters, 4 of whom also have their own blogs. I have one, Hannah Grace has one, Lyn has one, Alex has one and Susan has one. We're all blogging independently though there is obviously some overlap, given that we share a single body.

??

If it's mostly knitting with some other stuff thrown in, one blog is cool, but if it's a lot of other stuff to the extent that knitting is less than 1/2 the stuff on there, I like it separate. For the most part, the only blogs I read are knitting blogs.

Silver
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
One blog with everything about you in it. It's supposed to be YOUR blog, all about you, and everything you wanna talk about. I've been blogging for 7+ years and despite my fluctuating interests, I have have always only had one blog.

jjminarcik
07-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Lu, I don't know how you handle keeping up with KH, knitting and all of your blogs! I like the idea of having one blog. I setup mine for the intent of it to be knitting related. However, I'm sure all the content will not be about knitting. I think you should do what is easier for you. I know for me there is only 1 me = 1 blog

Does that make any sense???:??:??

lissie
07-03-2007, 07:28 AM
That's a question I've been thinking about recently too. I started a separate blog for the knitting and crocheting stuff because I didn't think the folks who read my personal blog are interested in those stuff. But I'm still toying with the idea of a merged blog for when I buy my own domain. I think it may be easier to maintain. :shrug:

ironmaiden
07-03-2007, 08:26 AM
My interests are all really really disjointed, so it doesn't tend to make a lot of sense to combine them, but I do tend to include personal randomness in any and all blogs.

I tend to be more interested in *reading* blogs that are specific to something rather than all-inclusive, but I have a short attention span.

marykz
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I think merged would be fine- and if you have a tagging system clearly set up so people can filter/ search for knitting separately, that can help. I like crafting blogs that have peeks into the writer's life, but I'm not necessarily interested in Everything. just my 2 cents...

Carla1019
07-03-2007, 11:41 AM
??

If it's mostly knitting with some other stuff thrown in, one blog is cool, but if it's a lot of other stuff to the extent that knitting is less than 1/2 the stuff on there, I like it separate. For the most part, the only blogs I read are knitting blogs.

Are you a "Sybil"? multiple personality?

Arielluria
07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks all! :muah: I'm surprised by the results, but I agree, one blog to cover ALL my interests (I'm getting back into oil painting, for example but wouldn't want to start yet ANOTHER blog).

Carla1019
07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I also love to oil paint.. I have 3 hobbies. Knitting is my first love, Then oil painting-- when I get in the mood. Then I take pottery classes.

I have to have so many hobbies to keep me sain. I have bouts of depressing so to keep me off of medicine I do all 3 of those. It works for me.

aineepooh1
07-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I am not much of a blog reader but I think one blog is plenty.. and like the other poster said.. some way to filter through so you can find what you want~!:aww:

JoeE
07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't blog, but I read quite a number of them regularly. I love the ones that have a little picture of the life of the writer, with all their interests, observations, and commentary. I love it when the writer can make some mundane day-to-day experience so funny I spew soft drink out my nose and laugh so hard I cry. I admire people with that skill. I tried keeping a blog for about a month, and it looked mostly like an appointment book. Clearly it's not a skill that everyone possesses.

Arielluria
07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm not really sure what a "merged blog" would be. I keep a blog at a blog site called Joeuser.com and just blog about whatever nonsense crosses my mind at the time.

That's what I meant by merging them.......rather than keeping separate ones for all my different interests. I like your blog.

Thanks for all the opinions!

Arielluria
07-03-2007, 01:29 PM
You sound like me..........oh, and pottery is on my list of things to get into. I did a little as a child.........I guess us knitters are just the type to be creative with our hands.
:flirt:

I also love to oil paint.. I have 3 hobbies. Knitting is my first love, Then oil painting-- when I get in the mood. Then I take pottery classes.

I have to have so many hobbies to keep me sain. I have bouts of depressing so to keep me off of medicine I do all 3 of those. It works for me.

Kaydee
07-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I have one blog. Its mostly knitting but I'll write anything that comes to mind so I guess its merged.

Quiara
07-04-2007, 07:35 AM
??

One of my diagnoses is DID. Dissociative Identity Disorder. I am, effectively, 18 different people. Several of us have our own blogs. We're very different, so it makes sense we couldn't share the same blog.

My personal blog is merged because I post about everything there.

Carla1019
07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
One of my diagnoses is DID. Dissociative Identity Disorder. I am, effectively, 18 different people. Several of us have our own blogs. We're very different, so it makes sense we couldn't share the same blog.

My personal blog is merged because I post about everything there.

Quiara, :shrug: I am sorry:oops: for the thing I posted about you:hiding:
Are you a "Sybil"? multiple personality?

I met it as a joke, I had no idea. I so sorry.

Quiara
07-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Quiara, :shrug: I am sorry:oops: for the thing I posted about you:hiding:

I met it as a joke, I had no idea. I so sorry.

I didn't take it personally. I took it as a joke. No harm done. ^_^

Carla1019
07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Quiara :waving::waving::waving: HELLO Neighbor, Just notice you live right above me. I am in the middle/top of Arkansas.