PDA

View Full Version : FO: Entrelac swatch

PammieJR
07-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I FINALLY was able to take a class at my local knitting store this weekend to learn the entrelac method and WOW I LOVE IT!!:heart:

Below is what I created...I will probably make a purse/bag out of it, but I am trying to decide if I want to felt it or not?

What do you all think?

I am totally addicted to entrelac now...I want to entrelac EVERYTHING now...is this a normal reaction to learning this method? LOL

callmesusan
07-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I think wanting to repeat something that brings you joy is quite normal!! Your swatch is lovely. I started an entrelac stole and I plan to felt it lightly. I read somewhere to felt in warmish water, not HOT as is usually recommended. That way you can have greater control over how much felting occurs. Good luck and have fun.

Jan in CA
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
It looks great!

mdog182
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
yes it is a totally normal reaction....at least, it is the same reaction that i had! haha! yours looks great!

Doodknitwit
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
yes it is addictive

redheadrachel
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Ooh, I'm so impressed! It's b-e-a-utiful!

DeAnzaJig
07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I :heart: the color of the yarn you used!

My experience with entrelac was a bit different. After using up 5 balls of Noro to make a long entrelac scarf, I was ready for a break. :eyes:

misstialouise
07-03-2007, 07:48 PM
One thing I haven't tried yet is Entrelac....

I love it so... must talk my LYS into doing a workshop on it.. :D

tootie44
07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Beautiful colors!

ADAllen
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM
That is very cool, but it is definitely something that I'm going to have to put off learning for a bit. I'm already in over my head.

idahoknitter
07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
That is wonderful entrelac! There is an entrelac felted bag at my favorite knitting store and it is beautiful. You'll enjoy carrying it around.

ironmaiden
07-04-2007, 07:31 AM
That's so cool - does anyone have a pattern or tutorial for this?

PammieJR
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks, everyone!

I admit...I started making an entrelac dishcloth...LOL It is craziness!

The yarn I used was a color changing Noro wool...of course I now can't find the label for it :(

rgmartin1040
07-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Your swatch is gr8! I have only done entrelac with Noro yarn so I didn't have to worry about figuring out how to do all the color changes. Any tips for doing those nasty changes??

Hygiene Mama
07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Beautiful, I love the colors! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

PammieJR
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Your swatch is gr8! I have only done entrelac with Noro yarn so I didn't have to worry about figuring out how to do all the color changes. Any tips for doing those nasty changes??

RG...I have to admit, I am not sure I understand your question? I also did my Entrelac with color change in my swatch... But I have since done entrelac with different colored yarn. Maybe it is just me, but I didn't find it to be difficult. I didn't do the color change every block...I did it every row of rectangles/triangles. So its basically like a color change in any knitting you would do...

Does that make sense...I don't think I have explained it very well...

suzeeq
07-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Ahhh, I get where she's coming from now... the colors don't change every block, but on every `tier' which goes from one side across to the other. So you wouldn't have to weave in any more ends than if you were doing stripes with a color change every 2 inches or so.

PammieJR
07-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Ahhh, I get where she's coming from now... the colors don't change every block, but on every `tier' which goes from one side across to the other. So you wouldn't have to weave in any more ends than if you were doing stripes with a color change every 2 inches or so.

Exactly...thats what I did when I knit the washcloth below, with four different colored 100% cotton yarns.

My first entrelac swatch, at the beginning of this thread is simply one ball of Nuro Kuyeron color change yarn. It makes it LOOK like each block is a different yarn.

UnspeakableJoy
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I :heart: entrelac!! And I :heart: your profile pic - your fauxhawk is simply amazing! :notworthy: