PDA

View Full Version : FO: Cabled Hobo Bag

victoriarose
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Good Morning everyone! This is my 1st post here...I'm happy to be a part of this awesome forum. Actually, I taught myself how to knit from Knittinghelp.com only a few months ago. Just thought I would share my first completed knitting project. It's a Cabled Hobo Bag. Since it was intended to be just a way for me to practice cables, I used a worsted weight yarn from my stash which is about 15 yrs old, and it isn't lined. A link to the pattern and the image can be found on my blog here (http://thevictorianrose.blogspot.com). I have not quite figured out how to post pictures yet. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks in advance for looking :happydance:

auburnchick
07-05-2007, 08:27 AM
What a pretty little bag! I like your other FO's on your site too!!!

DeAnzaJig
07-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Your bag looks great and very sturdy with the all the cables. :lol:

GinnyG
07-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I LOVE IT!

KT120
07-05-2007, 09:33 AM
It is gorgeous and the color is beautiful!
I want to make that for my mother next month and wonder how long it would take. Would you mind sharing how long it took you VictoriaRose?

Slim
07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Love the bag, and your other FOs as well. I have to make the flip-flop socks!

victoriarose
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
It is gorgeous and the color is beautiful!
I want to make that for my mother next month and wonder how long it would take. Would you mind sharing how long it took you VictoriaRose?
Hi KT120,
I have 5 VERY active children ranging in age from 15 to 6(co-ed twins). IF I would have been allowed to work on it as long as I wished, when I wanted, I would have been done in about 10 days. BUT, the harsh reality is...2 months :shock:!!! My oldest daughter asked me if I could make her one, except she needs it book-bag size for school (she wants RH w/w Aran Fleck). I figure if I start now, she might get it for Christmas:thumbsup:

redheadrachel
07-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I love the color and big, bold cables! Beautiful job :D

nonny2t
07-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Rebecca, it looks just great and terrific color too!:muah:

KnittingNat
07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I love that bag and the cables look so yummy!!!

RMB
07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for sharing!! I really like the look of the bag...I bookmarked the pattern to add to the growing list of "must-dos"!!

Rhonda

redmom37
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
I love it ,I will have to make one now!.

Mariblue
07-06-2007, 04:33 PM
That's beautiful!:cheering: I added it to my list of "must knit" patterns!

Jaxhil
07-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, it's gorgeous!! I love the color and it has such a nice shape. Well done! :thumbsup:

misstialouise
07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
GREAT bag!!

All these FO's giving me more projects to do!!!!!!!!!

cam90066
07-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Great color and the boldness of the cables makes a fun statement. :)

cam

Tita
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
OOOOOh, I'm totally in love with that bag! I must replicate one immediately!:drooling:

victoriarose
07-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Just wanted to say Thank You all for your kind comments! It may sound funny, but I feel as though I have started a new chapter in my life just by learning how to knit:lol:. What a GREAT second family here:hug:!

Robinknits
07-14-2007, 01:40 PM
That was your first completed project?! Wow! I'm impressed. Welcome to the wonderful world of knitting!

Yas
07-17-2007, 02:54 AM
It's a beautiful bag. And I'm surprised it's your first project in knitting. I'm new to knitting too and I must say , you are waaaaay ahead of me!!
Yasmin.

nik
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
It's really cute!

I love your blog as well. Your pie recipe is making me hungry!

larudden
07-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You all for your kind comments! It may sound funny, but I feel as though I have started a new chapter in my life just by learning how to knit:lol:. What a GREAT second family here:hug:!

It doesn't sound funny at all, because I felt the same way when I started knitting "for real" about 2 months ago. My life is so much more peaceful, although my house is a bit messier and there's yarn EVERYWHERE! :knitting:

I love your flip flop socks! I have some really cool sock yarn and may give them a try since I'm scared to death of socks! DPNs are NOT something I want to try! I can't seem to get my fingers to work with all those needles sticking out all over the place. I'll probably give it a go with 2 circulars, which works better for me.

Thanks for sharing!

victoriarose
07-20-2007, 05:07 PM
larudden: My grandmother used to say about her messy (actually spic-n-span CLEAN) house..."My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy"! or was it the other way around :??. Either way, I'm having the time of my life with my new-found-love. I found myself really bored with crochet after 30+ years, and I've done everything else (cross stitch, embroidery, sewing, etc.), except xxx. Can't wait to make my first sweater. I'm holding off until the kids get back to school on the 21st of Aug. though, and then I have at least a good week of cleaning :ick:. And I just so happen to have found the most challenging sweater (challenging for a beginner I think) here (http://www.knitonthenet.com/issue1/patterns/cablesandchains/). Cables and Chains Wrap Jacket. Isn't it beautiful? :inlove:

sugarfunpouch
07-20-2007, 05:24 PM
It came out great! Awesome job! :balloons:

loveswildflowers
07-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Rebecca, That purse is just so chic! I LOVE it. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern in your blog too. The sweater pattern is really cool - I betcha you can knit that no problem after the bag you finished.