PDA

View Full Version : knitted purse out of blue Jeans

Carla1019
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I am just about done with my VERY first pair of socks.:happydance:

After I finish it I am going to start on this BlueJean Purse. (http://www.magknits.com/Nov05/denim.htm)

I really want/need to find a pattern for my MMMalabrigo yarn that I have.

Jan in CA
07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Nice socks! That purse is pretty neat, too!

losnana
07-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd never mqke it because I don't sew AT All. But I think the purse is adorable!

auburnchick
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Cute socks! I think the purse is an interesting way to recycle blue jeans. I can't wait to see your FO!

Mariblue
07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Very cute socks. The purse looks fun too!

mas
07-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Loved the jean purse. I am working on a prayer shawl for my sister in law and also a pair of socks that have been so fun to see coming out and looking like real socks. I am a new knitter so I am so excited to be making things. :happydancing:

Jenelle
07-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice socks. :)

Can't wait to see that blue jean purse!

sylvia
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
i would like to make this
either it is to early in themorning or my brain isnt working
keeping in mind that i cant sew for the life of me
could anyone explain this pattern
any help would be appreciated
meanwhile i have pinted the pattern and i will try reading it again
thank you
sylvia

Carla1019
07-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Sylvia, what part are you having problem with?

I got me 4 pairs of jeans,, at a second hand store.. cost me 4.50 for all 4. I got one pair in RED...=) Now I am cutting them into strips. I went to Wal-mart and got me a circle scissors that they use for quilting. I love them.

After you cut the jeans.. you knot them into one big long piece so you can wind it into a ball. (I am not going to do that,, I am going to sew each piece to each other)

The only parts that need to be sew. Is the waist band, and the handles. If you have a sewing machine that will work great, or you could just hand sew it.

If you want to put a liner in the purse you could sew it by hand or Machine.

sylvia
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
hi
thats better
told you it was to early in the morning for me to think
have lots of jeans i dont like anymore
butt wont get into them
thanks for you reply
sylvia

Lady Violet
07-09-2007, 02:12 PM
those socks are looking great!
i really like that purse. i could so make about a dozen of those with jeans that are still in my closet for what reason exactly?! :rofl: :rollseyes:

Carla1019
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
those socks are looking great!
i really like that purse. i could so make about a dozen of those with jeans that are still in my closet for what reason exactly?! :rofl: :rollseyes:

I have jeans like that one size up and one size down.. don't get to wear the one size down to much..:rofl::rofl: I am hoping to get into them after my Tummy tuck.. I hope any way..:teehee::teehee:

Lady Violet
07-09-2007, 08:09 PM
now you can use all the one size ups because you won't need them anymore!!! :cheering:

pdrite
07-14-2007, 05:55 PM
:happydancing: Great socks and let us know how the purse turns out.