PDA

View Full Version : The Never ending scarf

mornnen
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
More commonly known as the Gryffindor Scarf from the Prisoner of Azkaban. I am knitting this for a co-worker who is a Harry Potter nut.

I do have a question for those who have knit it using Plymouth encore. Have any of you needed a 5th ball of yarn (the pattern says 4) of the main color to finish it per the pattern directions?:?? I am only about 1/2 way or less to finishing the 10th chunk of main color (and there are to be 14 of them), have about 2 feet left of the third ball and there is no way that ball 4 will finish the rest plus fringe. If I am running short, does that mean I knit to tightly?

Thanks for your feedback and for looking,:hug:

Mornnen

ekgheiy
07-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Never made one, but wanted to comment ... lovely!! I think it deserves a close up too. :shifty: :)

gamerchik
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I just bought the same yarn for this project (4 skeins). I wonder if 4 skeins were recommended for the version of the scarf with even stripes (Year 1-2), since that would use less of the MC??? Are you working the pattern from atypically.net? Am I just totally confused here?

In any case, I hope someone answers you, so that I know if I need to go back to the LYS!!!

Your scarf looks AWESOME!!! Congrats. :)

mornnen
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I just bought the same yarn for this project (4 skeins). I wonder if 4 skeins were recommended for the version of the scarf with even stripes (Year 1-2), since that would use less of the MC??? Are you working the pattern from atypically.net? Am I just totally confused here?

In any case, I hope someone answers you, so that I know if I need to go back to the LYS!!!

Your scarf looks AWESOME!!! Congrats. :)

Yes, this is the pattern from atypically knit and says that you need 800 yards (400 grams) of the main color -- which is 4 balls, and 200 yards (100 grams) of the contrast color for the azkaban scarf. The amounts given for the years 1-2 scarves differ.

Oh well, it must be my knitting.

Thanks!

Mornnen

Mariblue
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
That looks really nice! :cheering:

auburnchick
07-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Very nice job! :cheering:

D
07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
It looks great! It's been a while since I've done the POA scarf, but I'm almost sure I had to bite into a 5th skein.

gamerchik
07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes, this is the pattern from atypically knit and says that you need 800 yards (400 grams) of the main color -- which is 4 balls, and 200 yards (100 grams) of the contrast color for the azkaban scarf. The amounts given for the years 1-2 scarves differ.

Oh well, it must be my knitting.

Thanks!

Mornnen

Ohhh duh, I see what you mean. I didn't realize there were two pages dedicated to the HP scarves. :shifty: Just ignore me!!!

It looks so good, I'm afraid to start mine now!!! :lol: