PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix

giedre11
07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
My job requires me to travel every 4 months, so now I find myself in Phoenix, AZ with many wonderful sounding yarn stores! I don't have a lot of time off, so was wondering if anyone could possibly give me their opinion on their favorite stores around here and why? I know I will get to most of them eventually. Any suggestions?
I was going to post this in OT, but it is about knitting! Right now I'm leaning towards "Jessicas Knits" because they carry two of my favorite yarns! :heart:

lucky_alf2
07-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I live on the west side of Phoenix and while I have never been to Jessica Knits, from what I've heard it is great -- plus there is lot in general in that part of town! I'd definately go there first :)

Momto G B and H
07-07-2007, 08:56 PM
If you want to meet up with a knitting podcaster, Erin from DamKnit lives there. She'd be able to tell you where to go for sure.

giedre11
07-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm really looking forward to all the lys's in the area, but I think that would be a good one for me to start with. I need about 3 more skeins of Lorna's Laces yarn and they do carry that. I need to learn to buy all my yarn at once, but sometimes there isn't enough of one particular color that I like. I know the dye lots won't be the same, but I'll manage somehow!