PDA

View Full Version : Help...Prisma Mohair

kellycarr05
07-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I have five skeins of Prisma Mohair and have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions? Below are pictures. I would like a shawl but am not sure if I have enough. Any suggestions??:shrug:I got them on a clearance rack. I love the colors!!!!:happydance:$2 a skein:cheering:

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Lovely! I think there is adequate for a shawl..what is the yardage?

Brandilyne
07-07-2007, 07:28 AM
How about Wisp from the new knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTwisp.html)? It looks like such a fun versatile pattern and you don't need that much yardage I don't think!

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I have used mohairs like this and you can go to quite a high needle size and are better with higher than lower on a shawl because all the fibres will catch on smaller needles and a smaller stitch size and you not only use more yarn but the pattern starts to blur. I would do a quick swatch with larger needles and see if you like the general look. Really lovely stuff and what a bargain!

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 07:35 AM
That's a lovely pattern Brandilyne..on the really wispy mohairs I find the pattern can get lost a little and the detail of the beautiful pattern you offered may fall away..but worth a swatch for sure and it doesn't use many balls!

nadja la claire
07-07-2007, 08:22 AM
That's beautiful yarn. :inlove: :inlove: The colors are so vibrant, but don't make any mistakes because you can't frog it.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
nadja..I've been able to undo a row of stitches but got it's been hard work..you're right..the yarn fibres get entangled. Others here have said putting the knitting in the fridge for a while helps. I've never tried that.

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 09:17 AM
got=gosh