PDA

View Full Version : FO's: Socks and Sweater

lauraknits
07-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I haven't been posting much but I've been working away!

The sweater is made from Manos, following a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern for a zip-up jacket. It has options for a button band and it is supposed to have a collar. I made a seed stitch border and button band and decided to nix the collar. I have halfway knit this yarn into a couple of things and ripped them out before. It's pretty, but it was hard for me to figure out something to make with it that I might wear. So here it is!

The socks are the Mock Wave Cable Socks from the Interweave book Favorite Socks, done in KP Essentials Tweed. Love the yarn, it is very very soft, but I wish it came in more/better colors! The grey is so oversaturated, and, well, ratty. That is, reminds me of the color of a rat! Oh well, ok for socks.

Susan P.
07-07-2007, 11:11 AM
The sweater is lovely and you seem to have done SUCH a good job with the zip. How did you sew it in without any tucks or gathers in the knitting, or was it more straightforward?

Nice socks too..nice pattern for those. Good for you :)

KnittingNat
07-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Great socks! And i love the cardigan...

lauraknits
07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much!

Susan P, no zip in the cardigan, I did the button band instead. I have never sewn a zipper into knitting and the idea scares me, I don't see how I could possibly do it invisibly without buggering up the knitting!

auburnchick
07-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh my! Both project turned out great! I really like the sock pattern!

nonny2t
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Everything looks sensational! Great job!:muah: