PDA

View Full Version : online store Foxyknits

cindyln
07-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Has anyone dealt with this store? They sell koigu yarn. I placed an order on 21 June. I was emailed a receipt so I know the order went thru. I have not received my yarn or had any communication from the owner. I emailed her yesterday regarding my order and have gotten no reply. I don't have good feelings about getting the yarn.

Yarn Doc
07-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I called and left 2 messages. Nada.

G J
07-08-2007, 12:05 AM
I placed an order, got a confirmation email and the next day, they sent me an email saying they ran out of the yarn I wanted. They did not offer substitutions. Very blunt. I emailed back expressing my disappointment, but got nothing. Won't be shopping there again!

jeanius80
07-08-2007, 01:22 AM
I placed an order, got a confirmation email and the next day, they sent me an email saying they ran out of the yarn I wanted. They did not offer substitutions. Very blunt. I emailed back expressing my disappointment, but got nothing. Won't be shopping there again!
i had same problem. there are lots of other sites that sell koigu for the same/similar price. if i buy any in the future i won't be shopping there. you would think they would show thier instock numbers to help, but they don't.

cheesiesmom
07-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe KH needs a "Rate the On-line Seller" section added to its forums. I do a lot of on-line buying, but I still get nervous when I deal with a new seller. Having someplace to turn for recommendations, like e-bay or amazon feedback, would be most helpful.

Yarn Doc
07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Cindy - did you go through Paypal? If you did, you might have some recourse that way. You should at least get your money back! Otherwise that's called FRAUD.

chrislt8
07-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Maybe KH needs a "Rate the On-line Seller" section added to its forums. I do a lot of on-line buying, but I still get nervous when I deal with a new seller. Having someplace to turn for recommendations, like e-bay or amazon feedback, would be most helpful.
WOW! I love this idea - I am new to on-line yarn buying and am always searching through threads trying to find the vendors that have been recommended (or not) on KH before I place an order. To have them in one place for quick reference before clicking that "checkout" button would be wonderful! Maybe even something like the Interchangeable Needles Poll/thread sticky?

geekgolightly
07-08-2007, 02:55 PM
they took my money too and it was through paypal. grrr

i will talk to paypal about it

ready2knit
07-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Yikes!

Can't say I buy any yarn online. I love supporting my LYS. I know it costs more, but the amount I have learned from them is priceless.

I think it's a great idea for us to have a "rate the seller" on this site. So many here by most/all their yarns and supplies online.

Hopefully the'll consider it.

Jana

KnitClickChick
07-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I think a "rate the seller" is a great idea! I've recently begun buying on eBay, and fortunately have found some really good sellers. I would love to buy some of the beautiful yarn I have seen at online stores, but am afraid of having a bad experience.

cindyln
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
didn't use paypal. As of today my CC hasn't been charged. But still no reply to my email Pretty poor customer service. I will never look at her site again and will spread the word about FOXYKNITS.COM

jodstr2
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
sorry you're having to deal with this, Cindy. :(

a friend of mine bought a bunch of KPPPM and paid for a pattern at the Foxyknits booth at a show. she eventually got the pattern after a month of calling them every 4 days or so.

overall I'm not impressed with them. I go to their booth at shows to ooh and ahh and buy, if I see colors I like, at the KPPPM, because KPPPM makes me weak in the knees :heart:, but they never say hello or ask if I can be helped or anything. I always feel ignored. I did buy once - but I don't plan to again.

threesmom
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I end up doing almost ALL my shopping online since I really don't have a lys, and anytime it's somewhere new, I always worry. I guess that's why I've tended to stick with just a few sellers ....

Cindy - what a bad experience! I feel for you! I hope you are able to resolve it soon.

knitasha
07-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Rating dealers is not necessarily a good idea, even though it might be useful.

When people make derogatory comments about specific sellers (true or not) , the owner of the site (and that means Amy) is liable if someone sues.

Amy S. at knitty.com and Clara at Knitter's Review, among others, are careful to delete derogatory posts for that reason.

Lady Violet
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM

genius idea. that would really help out those of us who are just beginning to venture out into the world of buying yarn and yarn stuff online.

Lady Violet
07-08-2007, 11:20 PM

When people make derogatory comments about specific sellers (true or not) , the owner of the site (and that means Amy) is liable if someone sues.

Amy S. at knitty.com and Clara at Knitter's Review, among others, are careful to delete derogatory posts for that reason.

you know, you may be right. maybe it's just a good idea to leave it to posts like this one (talking about our experiences instead of rating them on a numerical scale - somehow that just seems so definite). i have actually found these helpful.

cindyln
07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I just received a reply to my email. She says she doesn't have the color I ordered but has one that is close that she can send out right away if I want. I replied that I placed the order on 21 Jun and she is just now telling me that she doesn't have what I ordered so NO THANKS! I told her that her customer service was very lacking and was no way to treat and keep repeat customers.

Lisa_H-Town
07-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, at least you finally found out what the deal was... and won't have to fight for a refund (if I read correctly).

I haven't purchased anything on line that wasn't by a vendor suggested here.... I found a helpful thread of favorite on-line stores....

http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61352

jeanius80
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
i was wondering about the infamous "$.19" sale.. did anyone actually receive the yarn? how many did you order vs. received? was the color accurate too? TIA

SabrinaJL
09-06-2007, 06:54 PM

See, now I just don't get this. When did it become not ok to relay any negative experiences we've had with a company? How do sites like Epininons do it if it's something they could be sued for?

G J
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I got squat and was not offered anything else at reduced rates. I guess what they say is true. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Yarn Doc
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I got diddly also. I wrote her a nasty email, and she wrote back that such a color never existed and that it was put up in error, and that somehow I had been excluded from the emails that she sent to everyone else. She also claimed that koigu didn't dye that much of one color (I think I ordered 20 skeins or something). Yeah, right. How convenient.

Someone I know bought stuff from her at Stitches. I didn't go to Stitches, but now I wish I had just so I could demand my $0.19 yarn! :!!!::!!!::!!!:

cristina_g
09-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I have been struggling to get a response from FoxyKnits for the last two months on an order I placed July 15. I have sent repeated calls and emails, and get no response. At this point, I just want to know if I am ever getting my yarn, or if I should order else where.

If I do want to order by Koigu yarn elsewhere, does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!
Amy

G J
09-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Give up on Foxy Knits! You'll just end up :hair: if you try to shop there.

I've never ordered Koigu, so I can't help you with a better place.

jeanius80
09-12-2007, 06:51 PM
purlsoho has koigu (http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/yarnlist/company,8) for $13.50, they seem to get really great reviews from customers!

kyarns (http://www.kyarns.com/koigu-yarns.html) has it for $12

the knitting zone (http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/index.php?cName=yarn-by-name-koigu) for $11.95

the yarn co (http://www.theyarnco.com/brand_display/26) for $12.95, but i am not sure you can order online

the actual koigu website sucks. most of the links don't work, the info is hard to read, and there is no page to tell you what LYS carry their yarns. bad choice for them. i would rather buy it in person, just because of the handpainted aspect, and the fact that you need 2 skeins for a pair of socks. i would probably be apt to call in an order and ask them to try to match two skeins as close as possible. purlsoho would be your best bet as i said before simply because they have excellent customer reviews on ravelry and elsewhere.

HTH

cristina_g
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I am going to give pursoho a try. And, I am going to have to work quickly, since I am ordering this yarn for a baby gift, and the mother to be is due in 10 weeks now. Here, I had thought I was being so smart about planning ahead, and Foxy Knits ruined my plan. :(

Yarn Doc
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I can vouch for the Knitting Zone - their customer service is excellent and they ship quickly.

I feel your pain...Foxy Knits sucks. :(

DragonsChest
09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
didn't use paypal. As of today my CC hasn't been charged. But still no reply to my email Pretty poor customer service. I will never look at her site again and will spread the word about FOXYKNITS.COM

Maybe since your CC hasn't been charged, you can call them and cancel the charge at the card?

I'm sorry you had such a bad time with your purchase.

cristina_g
09-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I *finally* heard back from Marilyn at FoxyKnits. She emailed:

For some reason your emails were delayed and I am sorry that you had to cancel your order. We will be at TKGA next week and will not have another order from Koigu until October (late), I am so sorry tht we were not able to fulfill your order.

I am sure you were frustrated at not being able to hear from us - we'll do much better the next time I promise. Thanks for your patience; please bear with us as we discover and correct our communication issues,

GardenGirlKnitsToo
09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
If you're having a problem with a particular brand of yarn from this seller, maybe you could shoot an email to the yarn company. Seems like the manufacturer might want to rethink doing business with a company that makes their product look bad.

Just my 2 cents. :eyebrow2:

DragonsChest
09-18-2007, 07:09 AM
I *finally* heard back from Marilyn at FoxyKnits. She emailed:

For some reason your emails were delayed and I am sorry that you had to cancel your order. We will be at TKGA next week and will not have another order from Koigu until October (late), I am so sorry tht we were not able to fulfill your order.

I am sure you were frustrated at not being able to hear from us - we'll do much better the next time I promise. Thanks for your patience; please bear with us as we discover and correct our communication issues,

Did you get your money back?