PDA

View Full Version : Thong Size Question

HamaLee
07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
:teehee:

Ok I'm gonna knit the thong from the Spring Interweave for my cousin and I'm not sure what size to knit. The pattern is for waist size 28, 32, or 35.5 inches and I really don't know how well that corresponds to "small" "medium" and "large."

If you were to knit this for my cousin who is eh....maybe 5'8, thin but not a bone-rack, and generally a "size medium" or "small/medium" which one would you go for? I was thinking the 32 since it's the "medium" of my choices...but is that a smallish medium, or a regular medium? Hehe, am I making any sense whatsoever??:think:

If I had to take a stab at a pants size for her...I'd go with 6.
Any votes? Which size would you make?
Thanks!

redheadrachel
07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
In my opinion, the medium would definitely be the best choice. Good luck :D

Cristy
07-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey Girl--go with the medium. The thing w/ thongs is that it really does mostly depend on your waist size (since there isn't any booty to cover..LOL) and if she wears a 6 then she isn't very big. If your gauge is spot on--do the medium...otherwise...do the small. Why don't you go to the victoria secret website and look at their sizing chart--see what the waist measurement is for a medium. Is there any way to peek or have her husband/boyfriend/mom (whatever the case may be) peek for you and tell you what size undies she wears? A little investigation might help!

zkimom
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Ok -- I have to ask -- in what universe is a size 6 a MEDIUM???!!!!

Small, maybe, but MEDIUM?

If a 6 is a medium then what would a 12 be? Extra Large???

Just wondering.

Best,
Susan

dakatzmeow
07-08-2007, 12:41 AM
a 6 probably IS a small, but since she doesn't know for sure, a medium will be safer, imho. better to have it be a titch larger, than too small and chafe. ;)

HamaLee
07-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok -- I have to ask -- in what universe is a size 6 a MEDIUM???!!!!

Small, maybe, but MEDIUM?

If a 6 is a medium then what would a 12 be? Extra Large???

I dunno...I'm a size 12/14 and while I don't wear thongs, any "fancy" panties that I have are at least a large and usually an XL or XXL if they have 'em.

a 6 probably IS a small, but since she doesn't know for sure, a medium will be safer, imho. better to have it be a titch larger, than too small and chafe.

:teehee: Plus I was thinking like dekatzmeow in that a bit too big would be more manageable than too small. I don't even wanna think about where things would lie if it was too small:ick:.

So I made the medium, I'm about to cast off! It looks small (to me), but my cousin is tall and thin so it should be do-able. I'm a boy-shorts kinda girl, even for my "sexy" undies I like them to be expansive. :teehee: So knitting and staring at this wisp of a thing and expecting it to go on somebody's rear is cracking me up.

dakatzmeow
07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I dunno...I'm a size 12/14 and while I don't wear thongs, any "fancy" panties that I have are at least a large and usually an XL or XXL if they have 'em.

:teehee: Plus I was thinking like dekatzmeow in that a bit too big would be more manageable than too small. I don't even wanna think about where things would lie if it was too small:ick:.

So I made the medium, I'm about to cast off! It looks small (to me), but my cousin is tall and thin so it should be do-able. I'm a boy-shorts kinda girl, even for my "sexy" undies I like them to be expansive. :teehee: So knitting and staring at this wisp of a thing and expecting it to go on somebody's rear is cracking me up.

tee hee pun intended?

HamaLee
07-08-2007, 11:54 AM
tee hee pun intended?
:shock:

:teehee:

I posted pics over in Whatcha Knittin' here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61756)
It came out pretty.

nik
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm 5'8" and a size 6/8 I wear a medium at VS (and most places), so I'd go with that. A small will fit me, but it's usually too small and not comfy.