PDA

View Full Version : Sports Knitting

jumboneedle
07-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone know of any good sports related projects? I think it'd be fun to do a Red Sox...thing :lol:

Jan in CA
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
You could take the colors from any team and make hats/afghans/sweaters/scarves etc. There probably are patterns that have sports team related patterns on them though.. :think:

vaknitter
07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
:shrug: HMM - why knit Boston Red Sox :ick: gear when we all know the Yankees are the BEST !? :happydance:

Your poor choice of teams aside, I find cross-stitch and crochet patterns more widely available than knitting and tend to adjust the logo graph to fit my knitting needs. I have also used my hubby's engineering graph paper to create my own intarsia logos.

PaperGirl
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I think my ultimate goal is to make a red and black blanket with the Houston Astros logo in black with a small white outline around it so it "pops"...

But before I get THAT creative...Im thinking about some logo festooned dishclothes. :roflhard: Just gotta figure out how to make the star work in a pattern. :thinking:

jumboneedle
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I like the idea of the dishcloths, something simple but handmade and fun!

jumboneedle
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Hmm...if only you could find a pattern for a bandwagon :roflhard:. But seriously, the graph paper's a great idea. Completely OT, French students use graph paper as normal note taking paper, boggles the mind...

1to1
07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
You could try this

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro.htm

jumboneedle
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
That's a great application!

Stiney
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
:shrug: HMM - why knit Boston Red Sox :ick: gear when we all know the Yankees are the BEST !? :happydance:

Your poor choice of teams aside, I find cross-stitch and crochet patterns more widely available than knitting and tend to adjust the logo graph to fit my knitting needs. I have also used my hubby's engineering graph paper to create my own intarsia logos.

:teehee: Word.

Jumbo, you could always just knit....red socks!

(I slay myself.)

Rorshach
07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
You might find these patterns interesting: http://www.interweave.com/signup/knit/baseball.asp

Lady Violet
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Rorshach, i l:heart:ve those socks!!! i may have to knit those for my dad. and me, of course. :teehee: