PDA

View Full Version : Where can I send preemie caps?

jillian8981
07-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I had read about a charity that provides tiny caps for newborns in third-world countries, where often not having a hat could mean less resistance to fatal illnesses. However, I lost the address and cant find it again!

I made about a whole bunch of caps and I really want them to go to good use. Please help!

Thank you!

gmmarton
07-12-2007, 07:49 PM
You might want to check the website for "Save the Children" in Westport, CT. They had a very successful "Caps for the Capital" Project that addressed this very issue. I haven't checked the website recently, but I'm sure you could get some direction from them.

If that doesn't work, I have a soldier contact in Afghanistan who works with the locals and supplies my/our knitted items to children in orphanages. You can send me a PM and I will give you my address and I will forward your items along with my own.

Thanks!

Gail M.

jillian8981
07-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Gail, that was exactly the original organization I was looking for. I'll send them there.

A note of caution, though: please do not offer to give out your home address to anyone on the internet. I am a safe person, but you never know what type of crazies there are out there, even in this forum!

Thanks again for your help!