PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Viking Cables Scarves

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Y'all! :waving:

Ingrid inspired me with her beautifully cabled scarves (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61208) using variegated yarns! She posted 4 photos! Scroll down on the KH page. She used Karaoke and Malabrigo yarn. I had trouble finding those yarns at local yarn shops.

I hunted around in all my Elsebeth Lavold books and found several patterns that would work for a scarf! My yarn is Rowan "Tapestry". I bought the grey colorway and the beige colorway! Both will go with my two favorite winter coats.

Here is the work on the scarves as of today, as well as photos from the book, showing what the cable looks like in more detail. And a photo of the book, in case anyone has the book.

The grey scarf has 52 stitches, the beige scarf has 64 stitches, both using a US6 needle. These scarves are addicting, aren't they? Kinda like socks are addicting, although I have never tried socks. One of my many round-to-its!

The Beige Yarn.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1983.jpg

The Beige Scarf, one full repeat, 24 rows.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1995.jpg

The Beige Scarf pattern photo.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1987.jpg

The Grey Yarn.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1981.jpg

The Grey Scarf, two repeats.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1985.jpg

The Grey Scarf pattern photo.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1988.jpg

The Book
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1990.jpg

Chel
07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Beautiful!

I absolutely LOVE Rowan Tapestry.
It is almost comparable to Malibrigo in feel. The colors are beautiful. :)

Slim
07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Beautiful! I love the texture of a cabled scarf, your cable patterns are especially attractive. Great yarn choices, too.

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Beautiful!

I absolutely LOVE Rowan Tapestry.
It is almost comparable to Malibrigo in feel. The colors are beautiful. :)

It is delightful to "feel" as it slips through my fingers. Nice to look at, too! A soft luster. However, I have to watch carefully for "splits"! I double back and fix splits everytime. They drive me bonkers. Tapesty is kinda split-prone...and especially so because I am using KnitPicks OPTIONS, which are pointy...but great for manipulating cables accurately and quickly! Everything is a trade-off! :shrug:

I wanted to get two other colors, too...but...came to my senses!
As it is, I over-bought. Six skeins of each color. :pout: I had no idea how much yarn the cables would suck up...and I want the scarves to be 48" long. The shop owner said she would take back any unused skeins...so that is why I am getting on the ball and knitting the scarves now. Shops can't "take back" yarn that you've had for 6 months.

GinnyG
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
VERY NICE!!

It cracks me up how you jump into complicated cable projects without a moments hesitation:passedout:. Havining just finished my first Irish Hiking scarf I'm IN LOVE with cables but still trying to get the nerve up to launch the next project.

Braden
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Ingrid's inspired me to make some cabled scarves too, yours look great! I especially like the second one!

And yes, scarves are addicting, aren't they? They're like socks, you can put so many different variations in them.

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Ingrid's inspired me to make some cabled scarves too, yours look great! I especially like the second one!

And yes, scarves are addicting, aren't they? They're like socks, you can put so many different variations in them.

Yes, me too! I think Scarf #2 would be just as great for a guy as a gal! I will wear it with a bl/wh herringbone (black collar, double-breasted) winter coat. :happydance:

The "side cables" for Scarf #1, the beiges, are a different little species!
Notice, there are garter stitches inserted into the middle of the 6-stitch cable... on rows 5 & 6 of the cable! I got the pattern for these little cables from a new book I bought. The book is almost useless because the author doesn't use the usual chart/graph symbols. So it is like having to learn "Greek". Also, her charts are (she thinks) so elementary that anyone can read them. Duh. Sorry, but no.

The regular way of charting is excellent. I tried one of her pattern charts and gave up in despair. Grrrr. I am going to take it back to my LYS ($36 book) and ask the shop owner help me "read" this author's charts. There a fabulous patterns in the book. I just didn't know that the charts would be in Greek. :pout:

KnittingNat
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Wow, these are beautiful. And i absolutely love the colourways! Rowan rock, don't you agree?
I noticed you like this designer, Elsebeth Lavold. What is so special? I'm just starting with knitting books collection and i really like all this Nordic style. Though everyone thinks Israel is warm, it's only on summer. This last winter was long (November-March) and rather chilly...So i'm pretty sure this kind of sweaters will be very appropriate :happydance:.
P.S. I just love your work, but how come you never tried socks?

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Wow, these are beautiful. And i absolutely love the colourways! Rowan rock, don't you agree?
I noticed you like this designer, Elsebeth Lavold. What is so special? I'm just starting with knitting books collection and i really like all this Nordic style. Though everyone thinks Israel is warm, it's only on summer. This last winter was long (November-March) and rather chilly...So i'm pretty sure this kind of sweaters will be very appropriate :happydance:.
P.S. I just love your work, but how come you never tried socks?

:notworthy: Thanks so much for your compliments!

Elsebeth Lavold is a very unique Designer! She has about 11 books out now...the book I posted here was her very first, before she had her own signature yarns. Her signture yarns were shown starting in Book 2.

Check out her website...each book will show you what is inside, page by page. Not all of her books are Viking Cables, although she really really excels at Viking Cables. It makes her stand out in the PACK!

I met her on an Alaskan Knitters Cruise in May 2004. I took her 20-hour intensive class. I had already knit several of her sweaters...but...I still learned a lot from her class. Also, if you send her an email with a question, or anything else, she will always answer back!

She has a lot of "signature yarns" that are featured in 10 of her books. Her signature yarns can also be seen on her website, but purchased in many LYS's or Ebay shops, and countless online shops.

I collect all of her books, sight unseen. Can't say that about any other Designers! Some of her designs are very simple, soft, easy to knit pieces! I love them all!

THIS (http://www.ingenkonst.se/english.htm) is her latest book, and the designs were created to be fun and easy to knit!

And, HERE (http://www.ingenkonst.se/desel_e.htm) is the page that shows all her books! They are soft cover, and not too spendy!

Did you see the cardigan that I finished a few weeks ago? It is named "Opal"...and it, too, is an Elsebeth Lavold design! If you would like to see it...HERE (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=60983) is the link in Whatcha Knittin'!

I never tried socks because...hmmm...oh, I know...they are scary little things. I feel like I would need to take a Magic Loop sock class so that I can get my head wrapped around the concepts. Same goes with Entrelac. I tried an Entrelac dishcloth several months ago...what a disaster. All that time wasted only to find out I had something wrong up in rows 3 and above. It was all wonky and I had to tear it all down. I need a class for that.

But, classes are a challenge for me, time-wise. And, they are A LOT OF MONEY, don't you think? I'm not knocking the yarn shop...but...being a "material girl"...I always get to thinkin' how much yarn I could buy for the price of the class! Grrr. I drive myself crazy. :eyes:

I so admire all the beautiful socks that I see our KH-ers knitting!
I really should join the SOCK HOP, shouldn't I?? And, socks are so useful on a day-to-day basis, any weather, anytime!

nonny2t
07-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Superb! Terrific job so far! Can't wait to see them finished!:inlove:

auburnchick
07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow, ArtLady! I just LOVE your work. Heck, you could TEACH classes of your own!!!

You have impeccable taste in yarn and have such a knack for picking the perfect pattern to go along with each. And your execution...

:passedout:

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Superb! Terrific job so far! Can't wait to see them finished!:inlove:

:) Thanks Nonny! :hug:

Jaxhil
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh my those are *GORGEOUS!!* I totally love cables, and the yarns are bee-U-tiful!! I can't wait to see them all finished!

Hilary:thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
07-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow, ArtLady! I just LOVE your work. Heck, you could TEACH classes of your own!!!

You have impeccable taste in yarn and have such a knack for picking the perfect pattern to go along with each. And your execution...

:passedout:

Thanks Nathalie! I needed that!
:heart: :hug: :heart: :hug: :heart:

soobeeoz
07-13-2007, 04:05 AM
Absolutely beautiful - patterns, yarn and colours! :inlove:

Rhea
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Gah. I love cables. They are so beautiful.

UnspeakableJoy
07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
They're BEAUTIFUL!! :balloons: I can't wait to try cables!!

ArtLady1981
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
:muah: Thanks everyone for your compliments! Much appreciated! :muah:

Since my original posts, I have frogged the beige scarf...three times in fact!

1) Notice how two of the cables are traveling OVER instead of UNDER? I caught it about 6 rows up. I thought I had made an error in my cabling. So I frogged it all and re-knit it.
Duh. The pattern itself is "off"...and the cables were wonky once again. I caught them in the act this time.
2) So I frogged once again, and tried to figure out how to get those two legs to go UNDER instead of OVER. Couldn't figure it out. I went to her website to see if she has a correction for it. She is silent about the cable samples. She has corrections for garments, but not the indivdual cable samples.
3) So I frogged once again, and re-knit the yarn with a cable pattern I found in CABLES UNTANGLED. Got about 5" done, and realized that the little cables (repeats across) have a "ribbing effect"...making the scarf suck in to 5" instead of 6" or 6.5".
4) So I frogged once again, and cast on for 5 repeats. I had to put it down at 2". I am determined to get back to 5" in length today...and use up that messy kinky pile of yarn sitting next to me on the sofa!

So, that said...I like this new pattern for the beige yarn better.
And I love the pattern I chose for the greys VERY MUCH!

Will post a photo of the "new and improved" beige scarf later today!

I had to stop knitting...and pack for our wilderness vacation! We are leaving tomorrow afternoon right after an art show I have to do in Olympia, our State Capitol! It is an :sun:summertime 11am breakfast/brunch art show. Phew. Good thing, too. The morning shows "beat the heat". :hot:
I will be outa there by 2 pm! :woohoo::woohoo:

PHOTO of the WONKY CABLES on the "old" beige scarf:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1995.jpg

KnittingNat
07-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Have fun in the wilderness and show us some pics afterwards...

ArtLady1981
07-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Have fun in the wilderness and show us some pics afterwards...

I surely will!!! :waving: Bye for now!!! :sun::sun::sun:

ArtLady1981
07-14-2007, 02:46 AM
Hi! :waving:

Here is 3" of the New and Improved cabled scarf using the Beige variegated Rowan Tapestry!

I like knitting it because I don't have to look at the chart either.
The cables are like the "braid" in a little girls hair! I like them!
And I like this scarf! I am going to work on it in the truck tomorrow on our journey to the wilderness (6 grueling hours). I can do it in the truck because I don't have to read a pattern or chart. I will throw it in my "sock bag" along with a cable needle and crochet hook. Voila! (yes, even though I don't knit socks, I bought one of those little sock bags. They handy for lots of little projects!)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2000.jpg

victoriarose
07-14-2007, 08:55 AM
ArtLady, you are truely an inspiration to this new knitter. I love working cables. Of the two scarves, I must say the grey is my favorite. I love the way the colors blend together and it looks soooooo soft. I do have a "newbie-to-knitting" question though and I hope I don't sound ignorant, but why does one use stitch markers when knitting cables? Also, where did you find your markers? They are very pretty. I will enjoy watching your progress on these two projects and am now on my way to try locating the Elsebeth Lavold book you are using. My "knitting library" consists of 2 books...The Knitters Bible and A to Z of Knitting (to help get me started). Again, thank you very much for sharing!:heart:

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 01:27 AM
ArtLady, you are truely an inspiration to this new knitter. I love working cables. Of the two scarves, I must say the grey is my favorite. I love the way the colors blend together and it looks soooooo soft. I do have a "newbie-to-knitting" question though and I hope I don't sound ignorant, but why does one use stitch markers when knitting cables? Also, where did you find your markers? They are very pretty. I will enjoy watching your progress on these two projects and am now on my way to try locating the Elsebeth Lavold book you are using. My "knitting library" consists of 2 books...The Knitters Bible and A to Z of Knitting (to help get me started). Again, thank you very much for sharing!:heart:

Hi VictoriaRose!

I have been on vacation for the past 10 days...I hope you did not think I was ignoring your very sweet compliments! You made my day! :hug:

The stitch markers can be found in LYS. I bought these markers at my LYS...but since that time about 4 years ago...I learned how to make my own! The Swarovski crystal bead stitch markers are quite spendy from the LYS...but...if you get your "findings" at a bead shop, you can make them for considerably less.

The stitch markers help me keep track of the "repeats". This avoids going over by a stitch...or stopping short a stitch. Using stitch mearkers really helps me "learn the pattern". On the "tans" braided cabled scarf I don't even have to ready my pattern anymore.

The grey scarf is more complex, and I do keep my "chart" handy with a post-it note under each "row line" as I work myself up the 16 row repeat.

The cable pattern I am using for the "grey" is in her very very first Viking Knits Book. I think I posted a photo of it. But, many cable design books have this type of knot pattern in them. Really, just find one you like and isolate the repeat of the cable knot...and work some additional things around it...like some seed stitch, maybe a simple aran twist cable, etc....til the scarf is the appropriate width. Since I was using a DK weight yarn, I had to make my scarves at least 40-50 stitches wide for 6" wide scarf. With a worsted weight yarn 40-50 stitches would be way too wide.

Stitch markers are a necessity for me. Otherwise I make too many little mistakes, and I am frogging and tinking til I am purple :eyes: with frustration!

I have quite a bit done on both scarves and will post photos tomorrow. Can't take the photos til daylight. Better than flash photos taken at night!

KnittingNat
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Pictures, pictures :poke:

victoriarose
07-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Thank You very much Artlady! I could have really used a few of those markers when I was knitting this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61581). I am assuming the markers transfer from needle to needle along with your stitches, correct? I think I'll wait until my kids get back to school in a few weeks, and then dust off my "Beading" box. I'm sure I already have all the findings. My MIL lives for knitting...what a great Christmas gift idea!

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
HI! :waving:

Here is a closeup of one of my markers. I kinda went stitch marker crazy there for a while and made a bunch of 'em!

If you have made jewelry, you can see the process from this photo closeup: Load the headpin with your beads...next, bend it like a candy cane, insert the jumpring...then do the "wrapping"....and clip off the excess real close so it won't snag your knitting.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1233.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1234.jpg

GiddyKnitter
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I am a big fan of Rowan yarns but haven't yet used the Tapestry and looking at your photos it looks lovely...the cable patterns lokk stunning!!

ArtLady1981
07-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I am a big fan of Rowan yarns but haven't yet used the Tapestry and looking at your photos it looks lovely...the cable patterns lokk stunning!!

Thank you Pauline! :notworthy: I appreciate your words! You made my day!!

Between you and me, I thought the Tapestry colorations would distribute in wider "bands"...not so "stripey"...but, due to the fact that cables suck up the yarn, and therefore the length of the colors...the scarves ended up being more "stripey" than I had envisioned. Oh well, I still love :heart: them. It's all a learning curve anyway, right?

SusanMarie1956
07-31-2007, 01:45 PM
GinnyG!!!

Look at my little girl :-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/ssedgebeer/sissypaul.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/ssedgebeer/sissysig.gif

And my favorite!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/ssedgebeer/Sissytail06.jpg

Susan

ArtLady1981
07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Susan! :waving:

Maltese, Shih Tzu, Llasa Apso...I could just luv 'em all to pieces!

I have a Shih Tzu who is the highlight of my every waking moment! "Katie" And she reciprocates the same sentiments! :wink:

Dog's are God's Gift to man, so that man would never feel alone!

OK OK OK you cat lovers...CATS, too! :thumbsup:

becjo
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
WOW~!!!! That looks complicated!!! The result is beautiful though!!!

ArtLady1981
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
WOW~!!!! That looks complicated!!! The result is beautiful though!!!

Hi Becjo!:waving: Thanks! They are complicated if worked "by eye" or improvisational. However, I use the designer's pattern...knitting off the chart grid, line by line, stitch by stitch. The pattern is about a 16 row repeat, then it starts all over again with pattern row #1 and so forth.

The only hard thing is to keep a post-it note below the row yer workin' on! I have had it fall off while I was taking a break...and hmmmph! Tryin' to figure out what row I left off on. :??

I should develop a system for myself to keep track of the last row knitted, something better than a post-it note. :pout:

Lady Violet
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
sometimes if i'm working with a complicated pattern i'll just write down each row as i finish it. that way i know that the row i am currently working on is the first one that hasn't been written down yet.
i l:heart:ve those cables!!! i am definitely going to have to do something with cables really soon. :knitting:

ArtLady1981
08-01-2007, 04:07 PM
sometimes if i'm working with a complicated pattern i'll just write down each row as i finish it. that way i know that the row i am currently working on is the first one that hasn't been written down yet.
i l:heart:ve those cables!!! i am definitely going to have to do something with cables really soon. :knitting:

Thanks Lady Violet! :waving:

Yes, I have done that as well...also used the Katcha-Katcha row&stitch counter. I just have to remember to write down the last row knitted, or click the Katcha-Katcha when I have to jump up and run to the phone, or door, etc!:eyes:

Thanks for your input! I resolve to take the second of time it takes to mark down my place! It is less time than trying to figure out my place later!!:gah:

Lady Violet
08-02-2007, 12:07 AM
i think i've decided i'll be getting that book eventually soon-ish. :whoosh: i absolutely LOVE those cables! hey, i just love cables, period.
ArtLady, could you tell us how many skeins you end up using for each scarf (and the finished lengths) after you finish them?

ArtLady1981
08-02-2007, 01:12 AM
i think i've decided i'll be getting that book eventually soon-ish. :whoosh: i absolutely LOVE those cables! hey, i just love cables, period.
ArtLady, could you tell us how many skeins you end up using for each scarf (and the finished lengths) after you finish them?

Hi Lady Violet! :waving:

I can tell you right now how many "scarf inches" one skein has given me already!

The greys Rowan Tapestry scarf is 15" in length at the end of one full skein.

The tan scarf is 14" in length at the end of one full skein and a bit of another skein.

You can see that the "braided cables" tan scarf is sucking up more yarn already due to the more intense cabling.

The grey Viking cabled scarf is a more leisurely cable...just meandering back and forth kinda slowly.

If I want the scarves to be 60" long...it will take about 4 skeins. I bought 6 of each...so I will get to take back two of each color, UNLESS I decide to make a hat or fingerless gloves.

Glad you like them! I really love the two cables patterns equally! The tan braided cables are much easier to memorize...but the grey Viking cable is not hard at all. I just have to keep my eye of the chart. The tan braided cables is a good project when knitting in the presence of non-knitters, or while traveling on vacation.

I would knit these patterns again, too, in a solid color.

Lady Violet
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
thanks! :muah:
they really are gorgeous.

MerigoldinWA
08-03-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pictures of the scarves. I was loving the way the gray/white Viking cable was striping. It's so cool to see things like this develop under your needles without you having to change colors. I love it. The yarn looks very nice!!

ArtLady1981
08-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pictures of the scarves. I was loving the way the gray/white Viking cable was striping. It's so cool to see things like this develop under your needles without you having to change colors. I love it. The yarn looks very nice!!

Thanks Merigold! :notworthy:

I do like this yarn, however, I want to try it out on plain St St sometime, and see if the striping aka colorways are more subtle, like more of a watercolor effect.

The yarn is very soft! Really nice to handle!

Lady Violet
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
:poke:
ArtLady, i know you're busy with a lot of projects that come before the scarves, but don't forget to show us pictures when you're done! :happydance:
(you know, so we can all :drool:)

ArtLady1981
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
:poke:
ArtLady, i know you're busy with a lot of projects that come before the scarves, but don't forget to show us pictures when you're done! :happydance:
(you know, so we can all :drool:)

Hi Lady Violet! :waving:

I finally bit the bullet, as the saying goes...made an "executive decision"...and frogged/aborted two of the projects that were on my needles, but had stalled for good reasons (that is why they are now absent from my OTN listing!)

1) I hated the feel of the yarn for "Poppy". Yarn: Jaeger Luxury Tweed/a two-tone yarn white & blue. Plus, the pattern was boring me to tears.
2) I was dissatisfied with the color distribution of the NORO yarn for the "Bettna" cardigan. Will save this precious yarn for a more well-suited pattern. The colorways of NORO Silk Garden work best with st st sometimes.

I will post photos of my 3 remaining projects! I am keeping my "nose to the needles"...and will maybe only cast on for the Central Park Hoodie in the meantime!

Thanks for your compliments, and for your interest in my projects. :hug:

ArtLady1981
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi'ya! :waving:

A quick update on the progress of these two cabled scarves I am knitting, using Rowan's "Tapestry" yarn. I am glad they are for me...because I am not thrilled about the color distribution of the colorways. I don't care how sharply the yarns "stripe"...but I don't like the "on again - off again" striping. Sometimes the stripes are narrow...sometimes the stripes are wide. Well, I am "in it" now...and won't frog them. They are only scarves afterall, and once they are wound around my neck, it won't matter much. Who will care :shrug: about the striping widths but me? I drive :eyes: myself crazy!

The yarn is a pleasure to knit with.

The Braided Cables: 29" long; am using 2nd skein now.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2705.jpg

Closeup of the Braided Cables
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2706.jpg

The Viking Cables: 21" long...am using 2nd skein now.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2703.jpg

Closeup of the Viking Cables
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2707.jpg

SkyBluePink
08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Art Lady!!! :tap: The striping is PERFECT! I like uneven stripes because it looks casual and nonchalant. Silly girl! :yay:

Lady Violet
08-23-2007, 04:24 PM
i think the "stripes" give them a ripple effect. when i first looked at the pictures, i seriously thought they had little hills in them (like you get from leaving the needles in the knitting for too long). it's the kind of thing that will make people look twice at your scarves and appreciate them even more. i actually like it. if you really aren't satisfied with them, you can always send them to me. :teehee:

ArtLady1981
08-23-2007, 04:28 PM
:waving:Hi Lady Violet and SkyBluePink! :waving:

Well, thanks, Sister Knitters!

:cheering: I feel better about them! :cheering: I really do!

KnittingNat
08-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I think both scarves are breathtaking:passedout:! And the striping is really nice, i like the fading effect that is created :yay:... The Viking cables look fantastic :thumbsup:!

ArtLady1981
08-24-2007, 02:24 PM
I think both scarves are breathtaking:passedout:! And the striping is really nice, i like the fading effect that is created :yay:... The Viking cables look fantastic :thumbsup:!

Thanks KnittingNat! :waving: I appreciate your complitments! :muah: