PDA

View Full Version : Risque Knitting

jumboneedle
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
OK, I've gotta know whether anyone actually makes these lingerie-esque knitting projects I've seen in books. If you do, is it mostly for yourself or does your DH, DBF, or I suppose DGF to be equal opportunity, like what you've done? Are they knitters themselves?

dakatzmeow
07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
i've wondered the same thing. there is a pretty thong i've been curious to knit, but have never taken the time to cast on.

marykz
07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I've made a camisole- it was fun to make, and it is soft to wear. I know several people were making the thong from IK, but I don't do those things. I've seen a few bras and undies and bikinis as FO's but I haven't made any.
But the one I made, I did b/c I wanted to- DH is more interested in what's underneath.:aww:

mwedzi
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I've made the IK thong, and the thing about it is, it's hardly any time commitment at all. Seriously, it's the fastest thing I ever knit. I'm knitting squares for a pillow now and I think one 7 inch square takes me longer. So if you're at all curious, it's a good project to try.

I'm not extremely interested in knitting lingerie. No one to appreciate it anyhow. But, if there were, I maybe maybe would consider making one of these:
http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/llingerie.html
And in any case, I'd totally be down to knit those stockings. Hmm, actually I want to knit those right now.

Mystery_Gyrl
07-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I have made a camisole/chemise type top to wear in the winter for an extra layer of warmth (not to "interest" someone else). However, for the person who does enjoy knitting lingerie; I would think that they also do it for themselves. Lots of ladies like to feel pretty or sexy underneath there business/ordinary or more strait-lace attire.

misstialouise
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't make it for me *now*... but once I lose the weight (I have a system set up where I get $10 for every kg I lose) I'm going to invest in some lovely silk and alpaca to make myself some cami's and french knickers ;)