PDA

View Full Version : Help with Resuming a Pattern

TxCynDoll
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi, I just joined this forum today from a link at another forum at Cafemom. I want to thank you Amy for a fantastic site...

I'm not new to knitting, but have found a few helpful hints here and just love the way you have setup your site to help others...I love the videos...like I never knew there was two way of knitting like the Continental knit and English knit which is what I do. I would like to try the Continental, it should be easy for me as I crochet as well. I did learn the proper way of putting work back on needles as I have had that happen to me before. Thanks for that video...

But my problem is when I have started a project and it's been some time, and I mean sometime since I worked on it and then want to finish it, I don't know how to figure out on a pattern row where I left off, so I can finish it...like a sweather I am almos finished with, my daughter when she was really little cut off the last line or two of the pattern, it was a leaflet and I was able to go online after years of that project just sitting, and emailed them and they sent me a copy of it...It's a lacey pattern and I'm not sure how to pick up where I left off...maybe you have some ideas...I can take a pic and post it, if you think that would help...Just let me know...Thanks in advance...

I have learned since then to have a pad handy and would write down the rows, and then mark them off as I finish that row...I would keep that paper with my project...I have counters, but sometimes my grandbabies would mess with them so then I don't know where I was...

Ingrid
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
What I have done in that circumstance is look at the last patterned row I knit--and then write down the stitches I see--k,k,k,yo, k2tog, yo, k, k, k, for example and see which line in the pattern (or chart) matches that one.

Sometimes I get it on the first try, but after knitting the row I think I'm supposed to be on and things didn't line up, I went back and tried, tried again.

TxCynDoll
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks...I will try that, but it will not be easy as it looks like x's very lacy...

Jints
07-14-2007, 01:15 AM
If unsuccessful with that, Try undoing that last row, one stitch at time, writing down stitches as you go. It may be easier to see what each step was that way?