PDA

View Full Version : Your body piercing experience - It's DONE! PIX Pg 5!!!

Silver
07-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I am *this close* to going and having my nose pierced... and maybe getting a monroe piercing at the same time. I've already decided on the studio... Inksmith & Rogers (http://www.inksmithtattoo.com/), who have already inked me 4 different times and have a longstanding reputation. I've watched lots of piercing videos on YouTube and I feel pretty confident that I am gonna do this. But I just need more egging on. Silly, I know, especially since I have a high tolerance for pain and I'm not afraid of needles. But I'm 34 and getting facial piercings is a big step... you know?

Tell me your experiences of getting your piercing and reactions from other people.

debinoz
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I think getting your nose pierced would be cool. As long as you wear something small and feminine and not some huge honkin' thing that looks like you've grown something horrible on your nose.

DD wants her bellybutton pierced for her 16th birthday. She wanted it this year, but I've bribed her with the offer of a new skateboard.

My nephew had his eyebrow pierced 3 years ago.... It's not very often you get to see a grown man cry!! (He was 27)

beckyrhae
07-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I used to have my nose pierced. I took all my piercings out when I turned 30. I felt like I needed to grow up a little. :) If I were going to do any of them again it would be the nose.

Piercings are SO NOT permanent. I say go for it!

feministmama
07-15-2007, 12:42 PM
My girlfriend and I did a home piercing once. We did each others noses. We got a cork to put inside our nose so we wouldn't go all the way through, some ice and a bottle of whisky for the pain. Let me just say don't try this at home kids. I tried to keep it in for a year but my nose kept getting all infected so I let it close. Then I went to a shop and they did it on the other side and I've had it for more than 10 years now. I love my ring. It has lots of symbolism for me about connecting years of strong women together, it bonds me to my cultral heritage back to Africa, all that good warm mushy woowoo stuff. Plus I think it looks good on me.

Anyway, I'm in grad school now and I've been told more than once if I want to be a profesional educator then I need to loose the ring. Hey I stopped shaving my head and now they want me to get rid of the ring too :teehee: So I guess the thing to think about is do you need to have a look that shuns piercing? DO you live a life that is casual enuf for peircing? If yes, then what does the peircing mean to you? IS it fashion? personal connection with your body? blah blah blah. My ring has been in so long, I can take it out if I need to (for lets say a job interview) and put it back in. It's a part of my identity now and I've seen professors on my campus with dreds and tats and stuff but it depends on the department. So I'm just going to have to negotiate that. So will you. I support any decision you make :hug: good luck

PaperGirl
07-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Im inked, and I want the navel peircing as well.

I say go for it. You can always remove it if you want.

Silver
07-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I think getting your nose pierced would be cool. As long as you wear something small and feminine and not some huge honkin' thing that looks like you've grown something horrible on your nose.
I'm thinking I'll start with a tiny stud or a small captive bead ring. Can't decide. IF I get a Monroe, that'll be a CZ stud. I'm not into large gauge piercings, I'll keep them small and pretty. DH wouldn't like anything too big either.

I used to have my nose pierced. I took all my piercings out when I turned 30. I felt like I needed to grow up a little. :)
Grow up? What's THAT about? :?? :teehee:

So I guess the thing to think about is do you need to have a look that shuns piercing? DO you live a life that is casual enuf for peircing? If yes, then what does the peircing mean to you? IS it fashion? personal connection with your body? blah blah blah...
Nope, I don't have a workplace job or anything.. just a knitting teacher at Joanns on the weekends. I think that's pretty casual. My boss is a biker chick, so I'd be shocked if she said anything about my piercings. Besides, if she did, I'd sooner quit than conform. That's how I am. And all my body mods are about me, not about fashion or trying to look "hot" or anything. All purely self expression.

Thanks for the nudges! Keep the stories coming everyone! :heart:

nadja la claire
07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I have my nose and ears pierced. I didn't experience any problems. I got my nose pierced for my wedding 16 yrs. ago I'm 44 and I still have my piercing because I really like it. I don't have anything other than my nose and ears pieced. I don't think it's juvenile, it's your body if your partner doesn't mind and if it's not going to effect your job I say do it if you want to.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

dreamsherl
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I have an eyebrow piercing and three tattoos. Go for it. :thumbsup:

leedsfan
07-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I had my belly button pierced and it went septic and had to come out.:(

BinkyKat
07-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I've thought about doing a nose piercing. DH says "it's up to you". My mom would freak...I'm 38 people!:rollseyes:
I've wondered, can you get studs that are flat against the inside of your nostril? I have a girlfriend who once told me I might not like it since I lately have had more allergy issues, runny nose etc. But with proper care, can you manage it? I wouldn't want to rub my nose and have a stud scratch on the inside kwim?:shrug:
Is there any significance to what side you do it on R or L? like putting a flower over one ear or another, one side you are taken, the other you are single? wouldn't want to send the wrong message.:oops:
sorry for the slight hijack Sil...this is a curious topic to me

dreamsherl
07-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Iím going OT for a moment. Leedsfan, My birthday is Feb 24, 1965. I like to find people that share the same month as me. February babies are so cool. :cool:

hunterjenn
07-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I had my navel done 10 years ago, and I loved it! Wasn't really visible, though, unless I wanted it to be. :shrug:

chiricahuagal
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Of course I don't know you and you don't know me at all, so my opinion may not be necessary, and I say do whatever you like - but I personally find nose piercing and tongue piercing undesirable. Or I guess I mean icky. That's just in case you want a different opinion. I guess that isn't what you asked, so take it for what it's worth... Have fun, whatever you decide to do!

Eloewien
07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I had my cartilage on my ear done twice, but since I wear over the ear hearing aids it kept getting very sore-- not infected, just irritated. I had to give up on that. :( I kinda wanted it so the hearing aids wouldn't be all you see. I also had my belly button- until I had a laproscopic appendectomy- then it had to come out.

Just from experience- for the initial piercing it may not hurt to spend the extra for 14kt gold or titanium. I've noticed that my piercing done with stainless steel took much longer to heal than the titanium did. Also, the titanium is so light you barely even know it's there, so you have less irritation. Just my two cents... even with my 15 yr old basic ear piercings (double pierced) there are some days all I can wear is gold or titanium. I tend to be allergic to anything, so if I can wear titanium with no problem- I figure anyone can :)
I've debated getting the cartilage re-done, but funny thing- I keep spending the $$ on yarn... oh well... guess I don't have my heart set on it if the money disappears so easily!

Knitting_Guy
07-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I have a few tats but as far as holes go I have aquired enough of them already, some of which weren't exactly my idea or planned. Those kinda hurt but ya get over it.

saracidaltendencies
07-16-2007, 02:04 AM
I say definitely go for it!! I just love tattoos and piercings, if it weren't for money constraints, I'd have a ton more of both! I have my eyebrow, tongue, and septum...Had my lip pierced but I had to lose it due to a recurring infection :( I currently have 8 tattoos as well and plan on getting PLENTY more! I'm 30 years old now and was 17 when I got my first piercing...I don't think I'll ever lose them, they're too much a part of me...I've contemplated getting my lip done again, but, I'm a bit nervous about another infection...

KnittingNat
07-16-2007, 04:11 AM
I had my bellybutton pierced as part of a bet with my little sister. She said i couldn't do it and i said i could. We went together and got it done. It's funny, because the guy kept asking me if i'm ok (it really didn't hurt that much). Finally i said "Why are you asking me all the time?" and he said "because tough guys come here and faint while i do the piercing" lol. I don't think i would be getting a nose piercing, but if you like it - go for it! I'm considering tattoes, actually... My mom will lose it if she finds out...

Vendie
07-16-2007, 06:01 AM
I had my eyebrow pierced for about 3 years and took it out for a job interview (and never put it back in). Now I want to get a little nose stud. I have no idea how it'll be taken at work. I've seen others with it, and I don't think there are rules per se, but I don't think it really fits the business dress code either :teehee:

Ronda
07-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Only my ears are pierced. I want one of those dainty little nose "studs" but my husband tells me that's the silliest thing I've ever thought of doing.:grrr:

misstialouise
07-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Piercings are SO NOT permanent. I say go for it!

Umm.. they are when they end up getting infected and you have to have it removed urgently with a pair of pliers and wire cutters. I have a rotting great scar above my navel.

Navel rings are only good if your stomach is flat and you don't have to wear clothes on / over it for the first 6 weeks.

But go for the nose ring! I've been thinking of getting one myself.. :D

beckyrhae
07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Umm.. they are when they end up getting infected and you have to have it removed urgently with a pair of pliers and wire cutters. I have a rotting great scar above my navel.

Navel rings are only good if your stomach is flat and you don't have to wear clothes on / over it for the first 6 weeks.

But go for the nose ring! I've been thinking of getting one myself.. :D

Ahhh right you are. But the snob in me does not consider navel rings, :zombie: Of all the people I know that got one I'd say about 1 in 20 healed right with no complications. Its just a horrible spot for infection. And I've had more than my nose pierced. :teehee:

Silver
07-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Is there any significance to what side you do it on R or L? like putting a flower over one ear or another, one side you are taken, the other you are single? wouldn't want to send the wrong message.:oops:
sorry for the slight hijack Sil...this is a curious topic to me
No worries... I'm curious about the answer myself. I'm gonna do some googling and see what I find.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I HAVE decided to have my nose pierced. I'll go on Wednesday so DH can go with me and watch... pix to come soon! I have not decided on the Monroe piercing yet. DH isn't thrilled with that one, he said a nose ring is still "cute & feminine", but thinks the Monroe will be too much... which I don't get cause it simulates a traditional beauty mark. I still want one, but I do take DH's opinion seriously so I'll have to think about it more. :-?

Eloewien
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
*chuckle* I've got a scar from where my belly button piercing was... but who cares--- I've got two other surgery scars within 1" of it-- so I really couldn't care less...

Jessica
07-16-2007, 11:06 AM
I say go for it, if you dont like it, you can always take it out:shrug:

I have quite a few piercings myself. I have my nose (my fav, I :heart: it!!), my navel, my tongue, both ears 3 times and cartalidge(sp?). I've had my tongue double pierced twice, but I always took out the second one and just kept the one. I havent had any problems with them, I guess Im lucky. Ive also never had any problems with my nose ring as far as allergies, runny noses, etc. I barley know its there and it doesnt interfear with blowing my nose or anything. The only problem I have with it now is a duck that thinks its fun to pull it out and try to eat it:rollseyes:
I do take them all out for work, but Ive had them for so long that a day without them doesnt do anything. I also had a special nose ring made for me at a jewlers. I wanted a real diamond but didnt want it to look all big and gawdy, so I had a .05 caret diamond put in a flat, white gold bezel. It sits flat against my nose and alot of people dont even see it.

PaperGirl
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I love my cartilage piercing. I used to work at a jewelry store, and we peirced ears...thats why I have 7 ear peircings. LOL!

Monroe? Whats that? I dont think Ive ever heard of that. :thinking:

JLC
07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
*chuckle* I've got a scar from where my belly button piercing was... but who cares--- I've got two other surgery scars within 1" of it-- so I really couldn't care less...

I have a little scar from mine, and some nice stretch marks running up from it from when I was pregnant, even though I had taken it out before I got pregnant. :teehee: I still keep saying I'm going to have it done again, I just never have. I would :heart: to get my eyebrow pierced, but it would be against the dress code at work. :pout:

Silver
07-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I love my cartilage piercing. I used to work at a jewelry store, and we peirced ears...thats why I have 7 ear peircings. LOL!

Monroe? Whats that? I dont think Ive ever heard of that. :thinking:
I have a helix (outer ear cartilage) piercing too, but I think it's a pretty tame piercing. :teehee:

A Monroe is an upper labret piercing (above the lip, below the nose) that's off center to resemble Marilyn's famous beauty mark. Also called a Madonna for the same reason... maybe you could also call it a Cindy (Crawford)? :) I think they're very pretty piercings, especially when it's a small diamond stud. But DH isn't feelin it. :-?

Jessica
07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I LOVE Monroes also. I would love to get one done, but it would be pointless in my line of work (police) because it would have to come out everyday:pout: That and Boy HATES piercings. Maybe if I change jobs and get Boy drunk.....:think:

BostonBecca
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I've had a few piercings done, from very reputable shops, that were clean and were very careful about the procedures used and the use of sterile needles, gloves, etc. I would go for it, as long as you won't have a problem where you work. I would never do a facial piercing in my field because the legal world is so conservative, but my navel piercing is staying. The other ones are gone.

I never had any bad reactions and healed very quickly. I think it just depends on the person and the place.

Nobones
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I had my belly button done at 19 and never had any problems, I'd love to have my lip pieced but hubby would freak out, so I won't go there.

iza
07-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Of all the people I know that got one I'd say about 1 in 20 healed right with no complications. Its just a horrible spot for infection.

It's true that navels seem to be quite difficult to heal. I had mine pierced 2 years ago and everything is fine (I had one small infection but got it under control). However my mom (yes, my nearly 60 years old mom!) got hers done too and her body rejected it after a year, even if it had been completely healed for months :shrug:.

I decided to have my navel pierced when my boyfriend's niece was visiting us (she was 16). Her parents allowed her to have it done here in Montreal, and I just couldn't resist, I got mine done too!:teehee:

I would LOVE to have my nose pierced :heart: Go for it, Silver and show us a picture when it's done! :cheering:

jjminarcik
07-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I have my ears pierced multiple times and one cartilage done. I had my navel pierced in college for awhile, no problems, it healed great, etc., then after about 6 months it got infected :shrug: still not sure why, and DH had to pull out the ring with pliers. :ick: Needless to say I didn't try it again. I'm sure if I could pull off a nose ring, but I would :heart: to do it anyway! I just asked DH if I could do it and he said he would prefer not, he didn't think it would suit me. Maybe one of these days. . .

Silver - GO FOR IT!!!! And show us pictures when it's done!!

LibraryLady
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Got my belly button done back in February 2001 (has it really been THAT long ago?)

Decided to lose 50 pounds - after the first 20 came off, I celebrated with the piercing - as a reminder to never lose touch with my body again. All 50 have come off and they stay off!

My piercer wouldn't put a ring in. He said they become infected too easily because they get caught on clothing. So I got a bar. Also he told me to use his cleansing routine for at least 9 months. I did it faithfully every day for a year just to make sure and I've never had an infection.

LL

KnitClickChick
07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
I guess I am kind of a dork. I had my ears done twice. That was enough for me! I tried to pierce my nose myself when I was in highschool but that didn't work out so well. I thought it looked cool then, but now, when I look at people with nose rings.... um... please don't take offense... I think they kinda look like a booger. Not the ring ones, but the little tiny diamond ones. More so when people have their upper lip, right below the nose, pierced. Can't tell you how many times I have made that mistake. How would you blow your nose? :ick: Hmmmm... but if you want to do it, then you should go for it!! You only live once, so why not!?

JessicaR
07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I recently got into piercing out of the blue, maybe because I'm a chicken **** most of the time. I had my belly button done way back about 6 years ago, but that was out of spite and only had it in for 6 months or so.

But my resent ones include an industrial (Nov) and my tragus (May). They do take a long time to heal, my industrial is just now healed. And I have flair ups every once in a while. The tragus hurt the worst. I found that washing them in the shower with clear, unscented, antibacterial soap making sure to move the jewelry around, then spraying them with Bactine works the best for me. And I always had mine done at tattoo shops, none of those mall places.

snephenie
07-17-2007, 12:08 AM
My belly was awful!! It hurt like hell and never healed right. I think partly was my fault. I was a waitress at the time and always had that stupid apron on so it would rub.

I've had my tongue done three times and have never had a problem.

(Clarification, my tongue does NOT have 3 peircings...I took it out twice)

willowangel
07-17-2007, 05:46 AM
I have my nose done - I wear a tiny little flush l-shaped stud, with a bright turquoise gem in it - it's so pretty :-)

I had some trouble afterwards cause I have an immune disorder - which meant scarring goes a little mad for me. Worked out ok for my nose, but a cartilage piercing in my ear went bad and I have a huge keloid now that's being reduced with steroid injections. I'm not allowed to get any more cause my body reacts too badly *cry*

Still, there's always more ink, huh? ;-)

Generally, I think that as long as you trust the people doing it, it's fine - I get so, so sick of all the horror stories people come out with as reasons against piercings and tattoos, which, when you get down to it, comes from them not doing any research. If you get pierced by a guy who's tripping out on something in a non-sterile environment, it's your own stupid fault for letting them near you with a needle. And if you get a tattoo while you're drunk on holiday in Tenerife, don't start telling everyone else who thought about what to get and had it done properly that they're making a huge mistake cause your tattoo ruined your life.

We always read these stories about how much people hate their tattoos and wish they'd never got them done, but never hear from the millions of people who are really happy with theirs. Mine all mean something to me, I knew what I wanted, and I did my research about the place to get them done - now I'm friends with my tattoo guys, and I trust them implicitly. I love my tattoos.

Sorry, that kind of went into a weird rant, forgive me lol

Fi xxx

msoebel
07-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I would love to get my nose pierced. I really wanted to when I was 18 or 19, but still living at home at the time and my dad said I couldn't live in the house with a nose piercing:??. I figured it wasn't worth it.

I have a tattoo now, and I have three piercings in my ears - one in my left ear, and two in my right ear. I have had one more piercing in each ear, but let them grow back. I had really long hair at the time and they kept getting infected because the hair would get stuck in the studs.:rollseyes:

I would love to pierce my nose right now, but I work with teens and one of the girls suddenly decided to get her nose pierced a few weeks ago, which has set off a trend in the whole group. No less than 6 of them now have their noses pierced. As much as I love them, I don't think I will be getting mine done anytime soon.

Misty

jodstr2
07-17-2007, 12:01 PM
go for it, Silver! :cheering::cool:

I only have my ears done (8 holes total, all lobe) but I've been thinking about a nose piercing for a few years now. just a tiny diamond stud.

spectorkitty
07-17-2007, 04:09 PM
I have three tattoos, a dragon on my ankle, two dragons intertwined on my back, and a symbol from Scandinavia on the back of my neck that is meant to bring you good fortune.

I have an industrial, a tragus, both ears pierced multiple times and both my nipples are pierced. Wow that's weird to say for some reason. I looked but no one else had them done on this thread! Let me tell you it hurt like crazy but it's been about 4 years and they are still pretty good. I did get a wicked infection a couple of years ago but it has been fine since.

I tried to pierce my nose once, they tried to get it through three times and it still wouldn't go. After the third time I said, ok that's it, forget it, it wasn't meant to be. Ouch!

Silver
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
But my resent ones include an industrial...<snip>
I had been thinking about an industrial too. They look really cool, but I think it's too much metal for DH's taste. He's the only person that I really care about their opinion. He's not happy about a Monroe as it is. Although I'd totally let him pierce anything he wanted... :-?

I get so, so sick of all the horror stories people come out with as reasons against piercings and tattoos, which, when you get down to it, comes from them not doing any research. If you get pierced by a guy who's tripping out on something in a non-sterile environment, it's your own stupid fault...<snip>
I totally agree with you! I have 5 tattoos and get so sick of people who feel the need to tell me all about their horror stories, or about someone who ended up regretting or removing their tat and how they would "never get a tattoo" themselves. Like I care. :doh:At least *I* thought about it before I got inked. My aunt once asked me (with disgust, mind you) what I was gonna tell my grandkids when I'm an old lady. I said... "Uh, I'll say, hey kiddies... wanna see grandma's tattoos?" :roflhard:

I have an industrial, a tragus, both ears pierced multiple times and both my nipples are pierced. Wow that's weird to say for some reason. I looked but no one else had them done on this thread!
There are other pierced nips on this board... some PM'd me privately to tell me about their more unmentionable piercings. You're not alone! :)

willowangel
07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
There are other pierced nips on this board... some PM'd me privately to tell me about their more unmentionable piercings. You're not alone! :)

Reminds me of a friend of mine who got an intimate piercing the day she finished her final exams at school at 18, but was 25 before she got her ears pierced cause her mum wouldn't let her get any piercings :teehee:

Silver
07-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Reminds me of a friend of mine who got an intimate piercing the day she finished her final exams at school at 18, but was 25 before she got her ears pierced cause her mum wouldn't let her get any piercings :teehee:
*snort* :teehee:

spectorkitty
07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
well, I'm pretty much a I'll tell you anything kind of person. When I first got them, you'd be amazed at the number of people who saw my boobs!! I was very proud!:rofling:

jeanius80
07-17-2007, 08:41 PM
no interesting piercings here... asked dh what about a nose piercing. he's not keen on it. i like tragus piercings though too..hmmm
i do have a large tattoo
http://a711.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/51/l_585a2700579d098f023ee8d1301c125e.jpg

it's my dd (at 6 mos) as a mermaid. it was started in december last year, but i haven't been back for more work because, lucky me, my psoriasis broke out on the tattoo. it's just about clear though. i am hoping he remembers me and will finish it next month maybe!

SandraEllen
07-17-2007, 09:40 PM
do it! I love the nose piercings! especially the ones that are the cute diamond stud. I like the monroe too, but I would probably vote for one or the other. not both...
just me though... :shrug:

JessicaR
07-18-2007, 12:38 AM
As much as I love my tragus I would never do it again, it was the worst. I shutter just thinking about it. I love my idustrial, LOVE it.

SandraEllen
07-18-2007, 07:36 PM
:nails: silver, where are the pics?

:)

Silver
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Just before...
http://www.cometosilver.com/silver/me/image/425/DSC00699.JPG

The needle is going through... Notice the winced expression.
http://www.cometosilver.com/silver/me/image/425/DSC00700.JPG

Needle is out, he's inserting the jewelry.
http://www.cometosilver.com/silver/me/image/425/DSC00702.JPG

The new pierced nose. WOOHOO!!
http://www.cometosilver.com/silver/me/image/425/DSC00713.JPG

I LOVE it. :heart: I'm so happy I had it done! It didn't hurt nearly as much as I expected, and on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 2. A paper cut hurts worse. Seriously. It was a little tender afterwards for about an hour or so, but it doesn't hurt at all now. And I can't even feel the back of the nose screw (http://images.google.com/images?source=ig&hl=en&q=nose+screw&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi).
:woohoo:

JessicaR
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Great job, looks awesome! Just a warning... they're addictive!!! I'm planning a 3rd in my ear before I'm done *I think*

Jessica
07-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I :heart: it, it looks so natural on you!

misstialouise
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Omg... Silver... you're gorgeous!!!!

And now I want one..... I think DH would FREAK if I told him I wanted my nose pierced..

jeanius80
07-18-2007, 10:50 PM
i think it looks fantastic!

jjminarcik
07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

Do you think you can talk my DH into letting me get one???:teehee:

Ronda
07-19-2007, 06:24 AM
I love it. That's exactly what I want!!!

sylvia
07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
it looks very pretty
i have 5 holes in my ears and i do use them all
i did this when my son was 16
he is 40 now
never mind about the career
my son is a stock broker and as square as he can be
but he has a financial advisor that has a nose ring which drives him crazy
she happens to be very good at her job
personally if i could decide what i want
i would have a tatoo on my arm
i guess i would get a cat
but i am a little afraid to do this but i may get my courage up
maybe
sylvia
ps this is why i wont answer the blog about how old are you
i am older than all of you
but still a bit off the wall:shrug:

Kaydee
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
It looks great on you Silver! I like a pierced nose when its a cute little stud just like yours. Its just right!

Vendie
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I love it Silver! I'm getting mine done today :help: And probably a tat! :double: :help:

iza
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
:cheering: It looks great! :heart: Now I want mine done. :teehee:

Your description of the pain reminds me a lot of when I had my navel pierced. :) It was the same thing for me. It was a bit tender for 1-2 hours afterwards, but other than that it didn't really hurt.

Good for you too Vendie! It'll go fine I'm sure! :cheering:

Silver
07-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Great job, looks awesome! Just a warning... they're addictive!!! I'm planning a 3rd in my ear before I'm done *I think*
I know.. I'm already thinking about another.... LOL

Omg... Silver... you're gorgeous!!!!
And now I want one..... I think DH would FREAK if I told him I wanted my nose pierced..
*blush* Thank you! :)
I know how you feel. My DH still isn't keen on a Monroe piercing, even though I'm even more eager to get one... :-?

It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!
Do you think you can talk my DH into letting me get one???:teehee:
Thank you. :) Just tell him I told you that you could get one. :teehee:

i would have a tatoo on my arm
i guess i would get a cat
but i am a little afraid to do this but i may get my courage up

My mom got a tattoo when she was 50. :) She got a little moon & star on her ankle. I say, if you want a tattoo, do it. You can always have it in a place that easy to hide.

I love it Silver! I'm getting mine done today :help: And probably a tat! :double: :help:
WOOHOO!!! PIX PLEASE!!! :)
:woohoo:

Your description of the pain reminds me a lot of when I had my navel pierced. :) It was the same thing for me. It was a bit tender for 1-2 hours afterwards, but other than that it didn't really hurt.
Yeah, I was surprised it didn't hurt much at all. As you can see in that second pic, I was expecting some pain. But all that happened was my left eye teared up. It actually felt like someone had flicked me on the nose. Mostly just a *thunk* kinda feeling. Good thing too, that needle was very intimidating!! :ick:

bellium
07-19-2007, 02:42 PM
As much as I love my tragus I would never do it again, it was the worst.
i have to agree - i got my tragus pierced, and it hurt for, um, over a year, i believe. then i lost an earring and one of the piercings closed up - i felt to lopsided that even though it hurt so bad, i had it re-pierced. i'm never taking them out again!

geekgolightly
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
i love it! it looks great on you!:cheering:

i did mine in 87 before there were piercing studios so i went to a biker tattoo shop and asked them to stick a piercing gun up my nose which they did for five bucks. i got weird looks, but ultimately they didnt care what some kid punk was gonna do.

when my friend kk bought a piercing gun, i tried and tried to get it to pierce the cartilage between my two nares, but it just bled everywhere. in a couple of years i could have gotten it done professionally, but i had given up.

i got a real job in 94 and cut off my dreds and took out my piercings. i miss it still.

jodstr2
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
:cheering:looks really good! congrats! :cheering:

PaperGirl
07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
It looks amazing!!!!! And YOU! The Sock Tutorial Goddess! You are gorgeous too!

KnittingNat
07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I think it looks great on you! And you look great too!

Silver
07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you, thank you everyone!!!

I love it, but right now, I feel like I have a big booger in my nose. :ick: :teehee:

meearnol
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
You might actually have a bloody little booger up there. I did for a day or two after I had mine pierced. If it's just the jewelry, fear not! You'll get used to it in a few more days.

I'm glad you went with the receiving tube. Did he give you an option, or is that just how he does it?

PS - It looks FANTASTIC! It makes me want to get mine done again...

Silver
07-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Meghann! :)
It's actually not a booger up there, it's the jewelry. I've blown my nose but it's still bugging me so I know it's the jewelry. Besides, I've looked.. I have a lil flashlight and mirror. lol I hope I get used to it soon.

The piercer had a pair of tongs out on his little cart so I got nervous that he was gonna use them, but he didn't. He didn't ask me, just used the receiving tube on his own. I was very glad he did. lol He was great... really informative and careful. I did get a little woozy afterwards cause it had been like 5 hours since my last meal and I guess my blood sugar level dropped. DH grabbed me a handful of Skittles from a candy machine and that fixed me up. Mike, the piercer, fanned me with a tray the whole time and told me to sit as long as I needed to. He was a good guy and I'll definitely go back to him if I decide to get another hole punched in me.

Vendie
07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Hah, I've been saying all weekend that I felt like I had a booger stuck to the outside of my nose, but it's just the jewelery :rofl:

PS - there are pictures, but Dilly has them, so I'll post some after she gets home and sends them to me.

SandraEllen
07-22-2007, 07:16 PM
It looks great!!!

Silver
07-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Hah, I've been saying all weekend that I felt like I had a booger stuck to the outside of my nose, but it's just the jewelery :rofl:

PS - there are pictures, but Dilly has them, so I'll post some after she gets home and sends them to me.
We're waiting.... :)

Mulderknitter
07-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Congrats on the piercing! they really to get addictive like tattoos, at least for me.
I have 3 tattoos, 2 I love that are the figure 8's for infinity, and 1 I hate I'm not even going to say.
I also have lots of piercings. hmmmm... both nipples, tongue, 3 ear, nose, lip, oh and belly button. all are out except the tongue and the ears. I never found the right stud for my nose, the nipples just got infected ( I have a weird reaction to my birth control where my nipples seep fluid sometimes) (was that too much info???:blush:) the lip had to come out for work, still put it in sometimes though, I love that piercing, and the belly button kept getting infected from rubbing on my pants even though I've had it over 15 years.
I like that piercings can go out and back in, not permanent like tattoos.