PDA

View Full Version : Im new (hope this is in the right place)

bruisinraincloud
07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I have just joined.

I have been trying to learn to knit forever it seems...but Im not the best teacher in the world. LOL

I have learned to do the knit stitch, the purl stitch, and various things that combine the 2.

I have yet to really accomplish reading patterns, so I am at a loss as to what to make other than dish cloths.

I have searched around here, and the information is awesome! Thanks for the hard work, everyone.....

from your vast experiences, what would you suggest that I make next? I would love to make something 'real' if you know what I mean?

thanks ahead of time for everything, and forgive me if I messed up & put this in the wrong place......

Krystal
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Welcome. This could also have going in the General Knitting forum since it is knitting related, but here is ok too, since the off topic forum covers everything and anything.

It sounds like you are on a great start with your knitting. As for reading patterns... It comes with time and practice.

If you want to expand your pattern reading you can look up dishcloth patterns that call for a little extra, or even some great scarf patterns. There are sooo many scarves you can make... a whole list of patterns can be found HERE (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/scarves.php)

If you ever need help that's what we are here for.

bruisinraincloud
07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
awee thank you sooooooooo very much for giving me the link, and for being so friendly!

Krystal
07-15-2007, 06:59 PM
hee, no problem at all, I was new not too long ago myself, I have only been knitting for 10 months now. This forum helped me learn everything I have accomplished, and I am really happy to be able to pass on any help.

Just wait,you will be able to help other newbies out too, sooner than you think.
:muah:

debinoz
07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Welcome to KH!! You're gonna love it here.

As for the knitting, I'd say do anything you want! Some people slowly make their way up and some just jump in with both feet. As long as it's something you want to make and you have fun doing it.. go for it!! If you get stuck there's plenty of people here to help you out.

Knitting_Guy
07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome!

Knit some socks.

auburnchick
07-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome!

Knit some socks.

Talk about jumping in with both feet! :roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
07-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Talk about jumping in with both feet! :roflhard:

Hey, that's what I did and look at me now.

Oh wait, that's a bad example. :??

Never mind.

KnittingNat
07-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Hey, that's what I did and look at me now.

Oh wait, that's a bad example. :??

Never mind.

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

KnittingNat
07-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Welcome!!! We have knitters from all around the world and it's a really helpful community :cheering:

KnitClickChick
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome! :cheering:
I'll second the scarf suggestion.