PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Harry Potter and OotP?

TRknits
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I saw the movie Saturday. I enjoyed the movie but it seems the story was kind of rushed. The actors that played Luna, Umbridge and Bellatrix were great. I still have a few problems with the casting.
1. Harry's parents were young (like 22 or 23) so that would make Lupin and Sirius and Severus beteween 35 and 37. Don't get me wrong, I think the acting is great but the actors should be younger.
2. This angry Dumbledore is really pissing me off. I don't like how he's always yelling and being so harsh. Dumbledore is cool and laid back and a little eccentric. What up with that?
3. I did love the how the veil looked. I thought that is was really cool. I looked acient and like a doorway to the afterlife.
4. And lastly, Tonk is one of my favorite characters I would like to have seen more of her.

I liked the movie, I probably won't see it again, but I will buy the DVD. I was a good movie. But since this is my favorite book, the movie just didn't compare.

Kaydee
07-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Here's a thread already started about it: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=61896 :thumbsup:

knitwit88
07-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Arrrrrrrgh the filmmakers cut out huge parts of the film! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :-(