PDA

View Full Version : A little rant.

Nobones
07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm having a bit of a bad week and need to rant to get it off my chest.

One of my extra bone is stuck in the wire of the frame in my back, it's hurting so much and causing these horrible headaches. The Drs have uped my morphine, I feel so sick all I've eaten in 3 days is rich tea biccies and tea. I can't get out of bed for anything longer than an hour, if this doesn't right itself soon I'll end up in hospital which I don't want to happen.

We've just had the car fixed after failing it's MOT, and Wednesday, we had a tyer slashed in a car park. More money.

I need to be knitting for my secret swapper, but all I've been able to do is seam a few things for a project I'm working on. The yarn for the swap project is due in on Friday, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll feel a little better by then.

I know I've got no right to feel sorry for myself, that there are people much worse off, but I really needed to get things off my chest. If my neighbor hadn't lent me his laptop I'd have gone mad not getting my daily KF fix!

KnittingNat
07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Oh Nobones... Big :hug::hug::hug:... I hope you feel better soon..I'm having a nasty week myself, if it makes you feel better :muah::muah::muah::heart::heart::heart:

LibraryLady
07-16-2007, 05:54 PM
:muah::muah::muah: To you, Nobones!

So glad you were able to get your 'fix'! :happydance:

You only get put on your shoulders as much as you can handle.

:hug::hug::hug:

LL

Jeremy
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
So sorry you're miserable:hug::heart: I hope things will get better soon. I'm sure your swapper will understand if their present is a tad late.

snowbear
07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Hang in there... life is like a roller coaster.. it'll get better soon!

Big bear Hugs!

orcoastknitter
07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hope you start feeling better. I know what it's like when life just hits you all at once.

Knitting_Guy
07-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow, sounds pretty rough. No fun being in pain all the time. I'm hoping you'll be up and around, feeling right as rain in no time.

jjminarcik
07-16-2007, 06:37 PM

Kaydee
07-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I hope things start to look up, its no good when a bunch of things are all happening all at once. I hope you feel better, and remember we're always here!:hug::muah::hug::muah:

Mariblue
07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
:hug::hug::hug:Hugs to you, Nobones:hug::hug::hug:

BostonBecca
07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Please look after your health and do not worry about your swapper. I am sure that they understand.

misha rf
07-16-2007, 10:40 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hope you're feeling better soon!

debinoz
07-16-2007, 11:07 PM
:::HUGS::: Hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.

Nobones
07-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Thank you so much guys, coming here always makes me feel better. The Dr came today, if nothing changes by Friday I'll be in hospital over the weekend having a special injection in my back. He PROMISED I would be home by Monday morning at the latest. Here's hoping I'm fine by then.

marykz
07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
adding my hugs to the bunch- (as longs as hugs don't hurt!!!) hope the injection can help you feel better.

zkimom
07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Ellie,

Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Warmly and with many hugs,
Susan

kknittinfool
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Nobones, I hope you feel better soon. I always find solace in knitting and I hope you will be able to resume shortly. I am sure your secret swapper will understand your situation.

dustinac
07-18-2007, 10:59 AM
:hug:I hope you feel better soon :hug:

threesmom
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Nobones - I so hope you feel better soon!! ANd I agree with BostonBecca - I'm sure you're swapper will understand you taking care of yourself first. And the vent - we all need to vent!!

I hope the injection works wonders for you!:hug::hug::hug:

Good luck!

Nobones
07-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Hello, Mike Bull here. I thought you might be interested to know, Ellie had her injection, she won't be on for a couples of days probably. She's a bit sore but keeping her fingers crossed that it does what it says on box.

I don't know where else to put this, but I'm supposed to ask for the knitting pattern of a little cat? I said I'd post and check before I go and visit. She even took her knitting to hospital! Is it me or is that odd?

Thank you, Mike Bull (Mr Nobones)

BostonBecca
07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Mike, taking her knitting to the hospital is completely ordinary for a knitter. It probably distracted her from waiting for the shot, etc.

As for the cat, I can't help you, but you could post in the patterns section or general knitting for help, with what you are looking for in the title, or look to see if it has been posted in either of those places.

You could also ask her if it is a pattern she already has printed out or in hard copy.

dustinac
07-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Mike, thank you for letting us know... and it isn't odd at all :rofling: most of us take our knitting everywhere lol...sending her hugs :hug:

I don't know what cat pattern she is talking about... I did a fast google and found this one (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTkate.html):shrug:

KnittingNat
07-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike! Maybe it's this one :
http://geobabe.livejournal.com/195349.html
Tell Ellie we're thinking of her and sending her big :hug::hug::hug:!

Nobones
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike! Maybe it's this one :
http://geobabe.livejournal.com/195349.html
Tell Ellie we're thinking of her and sending her big :hug::hug::hug:!

Cheers that's it, I should have put tiny kitten toy pattern sorry, this is new to. I've printed that out her and will pass on your well wishes. Thank you.

Mike Bull.

auburnchick
07-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Nobones
07-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello, just a quick update. She's not going to be allowed home today. She's very upset by this. She has a blood pressure problem and her heart has gone into an irregular beat so they want to keep a close eye on her. The Doctor said maybe a day or two, I hope she comes home soon, it's so quiet with just me and Buffy.

auburnchick
07-22-2007, 10:01 AM
I'll say a prayer for her. I hope she stays calm even though she really wants to be home. Tell her to use the time to knit.

Please let her know we're thinking about her...

:hug:

threesmom
07-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the update. I was wondering ...

Definitely NOT odd knitting at the hospital- I knit at the hospital while in labor with my 3rd baby!

I hope she's back home soon - and feeling better too ... It must be hard for you both. I'll be thinking of you.

:hug::hug:

KnittingNat
07-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the update, Mike! We all hope Ellie will feel better soon :muah:

DQ
07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
I hope you're feeling better soon Ellie :muah:
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Elleng4044
07-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm having a bit of a bad week and need to rant to get it off my chest.

One of my extra bone is stuck in the wire of the frame in my back, it's hurting so much and causing these horrible headaches. The Drs have uped my morphine, I feel so sick all I've eaten in 3 days is rich tea biccies and tea. I can't get out of bed for anything longer than an hour, if this doesn't right itself soon I'll end up in hospital which I don't want to happen.

We've just had the car fixed after failing it's MOT, and Wednesday, we had a tyer slashed in a car park. More money.

I need to be knitting for my secret swapper, but all I've been able to do is seam a few things for a project I'm working on. The yarn for the swap project is due in on Friday, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll feel a little better by then.

I know I've got no right to feel sorry for myself, that there are people much worse off, but I really needed to get things off my chest. If my neighbor hadn't lent me his laptop I'd have gone mad not getting my daily KF fix!
I hope today finds you feeling much better and this week is wonderful!
Ellen

Nobones
07-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Well I'm home. First of all thank you so much for all the well wishes. Mike logged on and passed them all on. It helped a lot.

They let me out because 1, they needed the bed, I had to promise to take things slow for a week then go back for a clinic date.

2, I really wanted to come home. You can't rest in those places.

I did take my knitting in with me, but the lady in the next complained so I was asked by the nurses to stop. I wasn't best pleased.

I'm a little sore, a lot tired. Unfortunately I was the youngest in the ward by about 50 years. Not much sleep was had, and not food was eaten, it was foul, I've never seen such horrible food in my life.

Again thanks so much for the well wishes, this place has impressed my hubby, he's thinking about making an account to talk in the off topic conversation bit. He has even contacted someone about swapping some yarn!

Isn't he lovely?! I'd have been lost without him this weekend.

Right I'm off to watch the F1 race I missed. Speak to all soon.

HamaLee
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
:cheering:
Glad to hear your home and resting up.

A lady complained about your knitting??????:??
Maybe she was just jealous...:teehee:

Nobones
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
The old bag said my 'clicking was too noisy'. She then called out for the nurse in a bellowing voice at all hours of the bloody night. She wasn't very nice.

KnittingNat
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
:cheering::cheering::cheering:Ellie!:hug: Glad you're home! Hospitals are usually horrible...Get well!

BostonBecca
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience at the hospital. I am sure she was felling very bad physically and mentally and did not realize the effect she was having on you. It doesn't make it right, but more understandable.

I am glad you were able to come home and I hope you got my e-mail!

Kaydee
07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Glad to see you back! I hope you're feeling better.:hug:

LibraryLady
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Take care! Rest well! :muah::hug:

Enjoy knitting in the peace and quiet of your home! :thumbsup:

LL

Limey
07-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Wow! I'm so glad you're home - I was all set to come down there and explain things to the Old Bat with a 6mm circ.

Before you know it, you'll be feeling human again in no time, now that you can clack away in peace.:happydancing:

Take good care and be sure to let us know how you're getting on!

All Best Wishes

Limey

DQ
07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Good to hear you're home and you can take it easy in nicer surroundings :hug:

jeanius80
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
glad your home! take it easy and get well! i missed your posts! (what a doll your dh is to come here to do all that for you :hug: )

threesmom
07-23-2007, 09:08 PM
So glad you're home - and I hope you're feeling better by the day! :hug: