PDA

View Full Version : Knitted Lacy Round Cloth

dewdrops
07-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Knitted Lacy Round Cloth for my Mom with this pattern (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/lacyround.html).

heather_dw
07-18-2007, 08:12 AM
ooh... that is pretty! Kudos to you! Small needles and yarn is always a challenge!

UnspeakableJoy
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
WOW! :thud: It's BEAUTIFUL!

Jan in CA
07-18-2007, 12:22 PM
That's pretty!

marykz
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
lovely!

auburnchick
07-18-2007, 04:59 PM
What a pretty cloth! Thank you for the link to the pattern!

What yarn did you use?

dewdrops
07-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Thank You! :hug: everyone for the kind comments.
Nathalie, here are the details:
yarn : lily cotton sugar 'n cream
color : 00001 white
needles : US 7"
pattern : http://www.knittingknonsense.com/lacyround.ht (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/lacyround.html)
:)Dew

Jaxhil
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
It's so pretty! Thanks for the link, I want to try that too!

merryknitter
07-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Hey Dewdrops! Your dishcloth is so pretty. I started one today in a variegated sugar and cream yarn and I LOVE THIS PATTERN! It's really easy and I plan on making lots of them!
Thanks again,
Merry

downthestream
07-23-2007, 11:39 AM
I just made this too, after seeing your photo. Thanks for the link.

dewdrops
07-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Thankya! all for sweet comments.:hug:
That's great Hilary that you plan to make one too.
Hey! Merry I like all the dish cloths you knit.Wonderful! you started one in variegated sugar n cream.
Downthestream I'am so glad you have knitted the round lacey cloth.
Look forward to see everyone's FO's(finished object's) pics.:cheering:

Hygiene Mama
07-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Ooooo, gotta try this pattern, definately! Great job, you're mother is going to love it!

merryknitter
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Dewdrop for this cute pattern...I loved making it...it's easy and fast and I'm going to make a bazillion of them for Christmas Gifts...LOL! Here is a pic of my variegated one!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/merry384/Knitting/LacyCloth2.jpg

mulene
07-27-2007, 04:29 AM
wow that is beautiful. I think I'll be making one of these as a gift too!

dewdrops
07-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks Dewdrop for this cute pattern...I loved making it...it's easy and fast and I'm going to make a bazillion of them for Christmas Gifts...LOL! Here is a pic of my variegated one!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/merry384/Knitting/LacyCloth2.jpg
Awww..that is so.. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Merry. :cheering:I love your's in variegated yarn. The colors and picture are awesome! Thank you! for sharing the picture. I'am so glad that you liked the pattern by Rhonda K. White (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/lacyround.html) and that you plan to knit more, me too. By the way, I find the knitting-cat in your signature very.. cute.:heart:

Thanks! all for the wonderful comments. Can't wait to see everyone's finished creations.

merryknitter
07-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Hey Dewdrops,
I got my little knitting cat at one of the forums at Delphi...the artists make them for free..how cool is that?
Glad you liked my dishcloth...I'm going to make a ton of them! Can't wait to use that variegated Christmas yarn (red, white, green)! Did you read in on the Gereral Knitting, that they have self striping sugar and cream out? I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow on vacation....gonna check it out down there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/merry384/Knitting/knitting_12486.gif

PamJ
07-29-2007, 09:52 AM
That's beautiful! I thought it was a doily. Do you all think we could use the same pattern for a knit doily, using thinner yarn and smaller needles? Probably we'd need to add more repeats to the center.

dewdrops
07-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey Dewdrops,
I got my little knitting cat at one of the forums at Delphi...the artists make them for free..how cool is that?
Glad you liked my dishcloth...I'm going to make a ton of them! Can't wait to use that variegated Christmas yarn (red, white, green)! Did you read in on the Gereral Knitting, that they have self striping sugar and cream out? I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow on vacation....gonna check it out down there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/merry384/Knitting/knitting_12486.gif

Hey Merry! The knitting-cats are way too...cute:heart:. Thank you so much for sharing the super-cute knitting-cats :hug:.
Yay ! the dish-cloths in red,green & white would make wonderful Christmas gifts. Cool ! :cheering:
That's great to know, now sugar 'n cream have self-striping yarn, I'am all so excited about knitting with those too, I may make a hat for my baby.
Have a great vaccation in Florida !
E-n-j-o-y !
Dew :)

dewdrops
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
That's beautiful! I thought it was a doily. Do you all think we could use the same pattern for a knit doily, using thinner yarn and smaller needles? Probably we'd need to add more repeats to the center.
PamJ, nice thought :cheering:the same dish-cloth can also be used as a doily if you wish!
My Mommy after receiving it, has been using it as a decorative table-center-piece :). She loved it :heart:.

IBAmyB
07-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I made one too!

Too bad the varigated yarn I used didn't turn out as pretty as I had hoped...

Yours looks great though!

Becky I. Butz-Butler
05-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Thankya! all for sweet comments.:hug:
That's great Hilary that you plan to make one too.
Hey! Merry I like all the dish cloths you knit.Wonderful! you started one in variegated sugar n cream.
Downthestream I'am so glad you have knitted the round lacey cloth.
Look forward to see everyone's FO's(finished object's) pics.:cheering:

I have never done this before and don't know if I'm in the right place. But it never hurts to ask. I make round dish cloths to use as seperators between nonstick pan. I came across yours and really like them but would like to increase size to at least 14 and 16 inch. As I am new to knitting can you help or point me in the right direction, to enlarge your pattern?? PLEASE Thank you, Becky

Becky I. Butz-Butler
05-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I would like to make the round dish cloth in 14 and 16 inch size to use as pot and pan seperators. Can anyone help? I'm a new knitter, and computer user, hope I can find my way back to find answers. Thank you Becky

Becky I. Butz-Butler
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I would like to make round dish cloth in 14-16 inchs to use as pot and pan seperators, am a new knitter can anyone help? Hope I can find my way back to this site to retrive answers am new to computors also bzbumbleb@gmail.com

OffJumpsJack
05-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I would like to make the round dish cloth in 14 and 16 inch size to use as pot and pan seperators. Can anyone help? I'm a new knitter, and computer user, hope I can find my way back to find answers. Thank you Becky

Becky,

This is an easy pattern to enlarge, first make sample for gauge following the pattern as given. Maybe you could use it for small cake pans?

Second, increase your cast on in groups of 5 stitches, and follow similar landmarks as you repeat.

Each RS lace row (from lace edge to center) is like this:
(knit lace pattern, increase, knit across but leaving one more st on the left needle)

Every 10th row is as follows:
(bind off 4 and k across leaving one more st on the left needle)

Note: Ten rows makes one "flower petal" in the edge of the wedge and each group of 5 STS you add to your starting CO will add another "petal" to your wedge. The original pattern has two "petals" per wedge and nine wedges to make the full circle.

If the original 18 st pattern makes a 10 inch FO for you, then 23 CO would would be 12.7 inches wide and 28 would get you to 15.5 inches. You FO sizes may very depending on your choice of yarn and needle sizes, and your tension.

Cast on 18 (23, 28, 33)
Row 1 (all odd, WSówrong side, rows): knit all across.
Row 2: K2, *yo, k2tog* twice, yo, k across (Leaving 1 st on left needle).
Row 4: K2, *yo, k2tog* twice, yo, k across (Leaving 2 sts on left needle).
Row 6: K2, *yo, k2tog* trice, yo, k across (Leaving 3 sts on left needle).
Row 8: K2, *yo, k2tog* trice, yo, k across (Leaving 4 sts on left needle).
Row 10: Bind off (BO) four sts, k across (Leaving 5 sts on left needle).
(One "flower petal" pattern complete)

Repeat this petal pattern 1 (2, 3, 4) more times for each full wedge.
(Note Well: The unworked stitch count is equal to one-half the row number.)

The finish row of each wedge differs from row 10:
Row 20(30,40,50): Bind off (BO) four sts, k across working all stitches off left needle.
(one wedge pattern complete)

ArtLady1981
05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Lovely design! Very elegant, but simple, too! Not too fussy. I like it very much!