PDA

View Full Version : Bathrobe

snowbear
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm trying to find a simple...hooded bathrobe... the kind that overlaps and you use a belt to tie it closed.

I'm wanting to make one about a size 6 or so.. I've found coats... sweaters... but all indifferent patterns... I'm trying to find a pattern that adds all... ( granddaughter is uh very selective... lol sounds better than picky)

Jan in CA
07-19-2007, 01:12 PM
You want to knit a bathrobe?? :passedout: Yikes...

I found this pattern although I don't think it has a hood..
http://www.craftown.com/knit/knit12.htm

snowbear
07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
lol yes.. I want to knit a bathrobe... it sounds simple.. but frustratting.. I can follow any pattern.. but not to good at piecing patterns together..

I'm trying to find a child's size w/ a hood.. hey.. I've got lots & lots of time on my hands.. I need to stay busy..

thanks for the link!

Jan in CA
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I think those long hooded sweater coats would work just fine. The only difference is you call one a bathrobe and the other a sweater coat. And you can knit the body longer if necessary. Finding the pattern however... :??

snowbear
07-19-2007, 02:38 PM
That is exactly what I'm trying to find, lol Hey.. patience is a virtue.. so I'm still looking... hugs thanks for helping

Mystery_Gyrl
07-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I understand that you want to make a bathrobe. However, have you thought about knitting a hood that is separate from the robe. Maybe that way your granddaughter has a choice from one day to the next. Plus you don't have to drive yourself loopy looking for that particular pattern.
Katrina

PS. You might want to do a Google search for "Medieval Robe To Knit." It's probably not what you're looking for exactly, but it could be a nice jumping off point.

snowbear
07-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks... but she is 2 1/2 and loves hoods.. has for over a year.. I'll try the Medieval Robe.. thanks...

candicane
07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
The book "Greetings from Knit Cafe" has a child's hooded bathrobe pattern. I am pretty sure size 6 was included in the pattern. I got the book at my library.

candice

snowbear
07-20-2007, 10:43 AM
You rule!

I have that book but didn't look in it... It is perfect for what I need.

Thanks sooo very much.. It is exactly what I've been looking for.

Big Bear Hugs your way... I can't wait til a few of these other projects are out of the way to start!

Thanks soo much!

candicane
07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
You're welcome! I think the book is one of those that you have to look at a couple of times to appreciate some of the patterns. I made the LaLa scarf and am thinking of doing the bikini.

candice

snowbear
07-20-2007, 11:02 AM
You're welcome! I think the book is one of those that you have to look at a couple of times to appreciate some of the patterns. I made the LaLa scarf and am thinking of doing the bikini.

candice

I could see the scarf... but the bikini... well.. I'll make it for my daughter..lol she has the figure for it.. as I'm sure you do!

again thanks soo much!