PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these hooks??

robynbird
07-20-2007, 07:12 AM
http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/hooks.htm

They are gorgeous! I'm going to ask hubby for a set for my birthday. :)

mathwizard
07-20-2007, 08:36 AM
If you like those so much then check out
http://www.glasspens.com

and the price is rather steep. I prefer drooling over the wooden ones, lol lol:rofling::rofling:

robynbird
07-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Yikes....I don't think I'd use glass hooks.

cftwo
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow. Those wood ones are very pretty.

TxCynDoll
07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
yes beautiful, I do love them, but don't know if I could spend that much on hooks...the ones I have will last just as long if taken care of...if I won the lottery, then I think that is one thing I would treat myself too...LOL

Glass, I don't know about those...pretty, but would be worried about them breaking...

cando
07-20-2007, 03:04 PM
http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/hooks.htm

They are gorgeous! I'm going to ask hubby for a set for my birthday. :)

I have 3 of those hooks (F,G,H). They're absolutely gorgeous and a pleasure to work with. Bill is very prompt with the shipping too. Someday I'll get the remaining sizes and the case. I think it's worthwhile spending on a beautifully made object like that, which you will always treasure :D

sugarfunpouch
07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Super mega ultra fancy! Wow! I'm sure they are EXPENSIVE!!!!!:O

robynbird
07-20-2007, 08:49 PM
They are handmade with exotic wood and they are $14 each. I think that is pretty reasonable. :shrug:

Cando - do you know how long it takes for them to respond to an email? I'm impatient..yes I am. I emailed last night and haven't heard back yet. LOL

Edit to add:

Ok so I noticed on his site that the ones I requested have SOLD by them but I haven't heard back yet....

cando
07-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Cando - do you know how long it takes for them to respond to an email? I'm impatient..yes I am. I emailed last night and haven't heard back yet. LOL

You should hear from him pretty quickly. I wrote to him very late one night and got a reply next morning saying he's set aside the ones I liked. And I too think $14 is a good price :D

aineepooh1
07-21-2007, 03:35 PM
have you guys heard about the crochet hooks that light up (like the kntting neeedles).. saw them in Hobby lobby or Michaels thursday. also saw them in my crochet! mag being advertised.. looks kinda cool~!:thumbsup:

robynbird
07-21-2007, 05:18 PM
You should hear from him pretty quickly. I wrote to him very late one night and got a reply next morning saying he's set aside the ones I liked. And I too think $14 is a good price :D

I still haven't' heard from him, but noticed the box I requested was marked sold. Hopefully I'll hear soon. I didn't give a phone number but my email is working.

aineepooh1
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
those glass hooks are GORGEOUS.. .:inlove::inlove:but why are the knitting needles $28 and the hooks $70???:shrug:

robynbird
07-21-2007, 10:22 PM
YAY...I heard from Bill and I paid for my set. :) It's for my birthday so I'm super excited!!

cando
07-22-2007, 02:12 AM
YAY...I heard from Bill and I paid for my set. :) It's for my birthday so I'm super excited!!
Happy birthday in advance and enjoy the gorgeous hooks! :D

Braden
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Look at these

http://www.celticswan.com/crochet.htm

Sorry if somebody posted the link before.

robynbird
07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Those are pretty too, Braden!

aineepooh1
07-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Happy Bday ~ Robinbyrd~!:cheering::cheering::muah::cheering::ch eering::clink:

willowangel
07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Look at these

http://www.celticswan.com/crochet.htm

Sorry if somebody posted the link before.

*cry* *cry* *drool* *cry* I was caressing the screen. Oh god how I want the knitting needles in silver with shell. And the double pointed needles. Oh gods. I'm going back to cry again.

Braden
07-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I want the dpn's, too!

batregre
07-22-2007, 10:53 PM
All I can say is...............SIGH

Braden
07-22-2007, 11:14 PM
That's me, too, they're waaay out of my price range for needles.

Mommy2chipmunk
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Check out Ozarktwist hooks on ebay! They are wonderful as well. I am becoming a little bit of a wood hook collector, and these are my favorite!

Also, G3 Studios hooks on ebay. They are retro and very comfortable.

Of course, I have some of the TOTC hooks, and they are wonderful too!!

robynbird
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
The Ozarktwists are really nice,. I couldn't find the G3 Studios. My hooks have been mailed by Bill at TOTC. I can't wait! :cheering:

sylvia
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
i was given one of these wooden crochet hooks
i dont know if it the same but i was told it was very old
and i love using it
sylvia

kknittinfool
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the website Robinbyrd. Tthey're beautiful and are certainly something I would never buy myself. I did take a page from your book though and asked my husband for them for my birthday. I can hardly wait, although my birthday is a month away.

robynbird
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
I got mine on Wednesday! OH MY GOODNESS!!! These are the most awesome hooks!! Not only are they truly beautiful...the case is wonderful (I chose a walnut wood one w/green velvet)...but they are soooo smooth with the yarn. They just glide through and he puts a small point at the tip of the hook so you can easily get the hook into the stitches. I love love love them!!! I took the G hook to the courthouse on Thursday (jury duty) and no problems getting through security. My hubby was very impressed and my son loved the box soo much. Honestly...worth every penny!! I did get the set of 5 instead of 6 though so it was slightly less.

:) I hope your hubby gets them for you kknittinfool!