PDA

View Full Version : Option's Cable

knitwit628
07-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I just got my Option's set yesterday!!!! :cheering: I looove them. :inlove: But I have a question... Since the cables are curling from being packaged the way they were, is it possible to straighten them out? Because I have already started using my set and the cable is getting to be kind of a pain. Also, if there is a way to straighten them, can you do it more than once if I am going to be putting it back in a small compartment? Thanks!

Ladybug Lady
07-21-2007, 11:40 AM
My Options cables don't hold their curled up shape at all, but here is what I do with other cables that do stay curled up.

Run very very warm water over the cable for a few mins to soften it up. Usually that is enough, but if it's not, then lay it flat and put a phone book on top of it while it cools off. That should do the trick.

Hope you love your Options, I ADORE mine!!

Shandeh
07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
You could always spread it out straight on your car's dashboard, close the door, and let the heat straighten it for a few minutes.
:teehee:

losnana
07-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Mine usuallyu stay straight, even after having been curled up. I do, however, place them in the KP platic pockets that are 1/2 or 1 full page, rather than the smaller sections. They are so much better than other circulars I've tried that I don't notice the small amount of curl they maintain.

I think Sandy's idea about the dashboard is brilliant, especially this timie of year.

Kaydee
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Mine usually start to uncurl when I get a good amount of the project on them. After a bunch of rows the weight from the project seems to keep them straight.

knitwit628
07-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks everybody! I agree with Kaydee, after knitting for awhile my cable has uncurled. If I need anymore help though this is definitely useful!!! :)