PDA

View Full Version : Umm...Maine? Please?

kahluakiggy
07-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Anyone from Maine on here? Bonus points for around L-A, Windham or South Paris... :rollseyes: I need knitting friends... None of my friends understand my happy place (i.e. LYS). :lol:

Stonington
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Kahluakiggy

HI! I am in Sebago (well right now I am in South Portland-working) Which LYSs do you visit?

anne
southern maine

kahluakiggy
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi, Anne! There is one about ten minutes away from me in Norway called the Irish Ewe, and the other is in Auburn (15 minutes away) called Quilt Essentials. They're both really cool places. I don't know of any others near me, though. I live in Oxford. Sebago is near Windham, isn't it?

Stonington
07-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi, Anne! There is one about ten minutes away from me in Norway called the Irish Ewe, and the other is in Auburn (15 minutes away) called Quilt Essentials. They're both really cool places. I don't know of any others near me, though. I live in Oxford. Sebago is near Windham, isn't it?

Good Morning Kahlua!

Yes Sebago is near Windham - we are actually between Windham and Bridgton.

Quilt Essentials... sounds like a fun place. I wish I were more familiar with Auburn. We use to shop there a bit when I lived in Rangeley. May have to take a ride and find this shop :cheering: My husband use to race at Oxford-he gave it up shortly after we met (not due to my influence! lol) So I never got to watch him race. I am not sure if I am disappointed or happy about that lol.. might have made me nervous.

The closest LYS for me would be Korner Knitters in Standish-the folks there are very friendly and helpful!:heart: I tend to go to AC Moore in S. Portland, it is close to work-actually on my way home.

I had better get some work done... enjoy your day! :hug:going to be warm - no ocean breeze today :passedout:

anne

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I am in Gorham on the Standish line not even a 5 minute drive from Korner Knitters I love that place.

Stonington
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Blue Eyes... how is #114 now? I have been traveling into work on route #25 lately to avoid the construction. :( Hope you are staying cool today :)

anne

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 11:39 AM
It is still a mess I think we avoid it as much as possible too.We just came in from outside the kids were playing in the sprinkler.

Stonington
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
:cheering:I wanna play too! lol.. use to love doing that with my daughter when she was small. I know I am weird but I love the smell of water from the hose.. must be the memories it envokes :heart:

Kind of figured that 114 was still a mess. There is a sign in Gorham before you get to GHOP that warns of rough road ahead.

anne

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Unfortunatley our sprinkler time didn't last long because the little one got sunscreen in his eyes and tried to rub it out with a sandy hands. I like the smell of water from the hose too or maybe it is a combonation of the water and the grass I am not sure.

Stonington
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
:cry: poor babe.. that had to sting.
:hug:
anne

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah he was not happy but he is better now.

kahluakiggy
07-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I hope your little one is doing better now, blueeyes28. I know where Gorham is, and I think I know how to get to Standish, too. lol

Anne - Quilt Essentials is fantastic - they've got lots of pretty fabric, too. Tons of books, and so much yarn, and a big bargain corner!

Stonington
07-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Bargain corner! :woot: What sweet words those are lol. Will have to plan on a visit then. Really need to get back into quilting again too. I want to make the Mariner's compass for DH. So many things to do and so little time lol. Work really gets in the way of life. lol

anne

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 01:07 PM
kahluakiggy are you close to Rumford or is that a different area all together?

SkyBluePink
07-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I am moving to Fort Fairfield in September!! Are their any northern Maine knitters around?? I am so excited! :mrgreen:

Stonington
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM
You will be up in the "county" lol. My cousin lives in Caribou and loves it! What brings you to that end of the state? If you don't mind me asking... :)

anne
sebago, me

JLC
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm in Madison. It's in Central Maine, pretty close to Waterville.

I absolutely love Halcyon Yarn in Brunswick, although I don't get there very often.

Stonington
07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
We drove by the quite by accident a couple weeks ago... I am not sure that I could find it again lol. Brunswick is very congested traffic-wise this time of year.
anne
sebago, me

kahluakiggy
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Rumford is about 45 minutes away from me. I LOVE Brunswick, I didn't know there was a yarn store there! I'll have to check it out next time I go up to Bailey Island.

Stonington
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Blueeyes--do you know if Korner Knitters does classes? I would like to take a sock class for circular needles. I have e-mailed them but never get a response. Should call I guess. :)

Thanks!
anne
sebago, me

blueeyes28
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
I would call I know they do have groups that knit together I am not sure if they are classes or just groups their number is 642-2894.

JudyD
07-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Ladies:

Halcyon Yarn is in Bath, not Brunswick. :wink:

JudyD

JLC
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM
:doh:

Stonington
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Ladies:

Halcyon Yarn is in Bath, not Brunswick. :wink:

JudyD

MMMM hhhhhmmm you are right lol. In the summer the 2 towns sort of merge for me :roflhard:

anne

JudyD
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Anne:

With the new bypass I can get to Bath without going near Brunswick. :woot:

The only time we go into Brunswick proper is to get to the Maine State Music Theater.

JudyD

Stonington
07-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Anne:

With the new bypass I can get to Bath without going near Brunswick. :woot:

The only time we go into Brunswick proper is to get to the Maine State Music Theater.

JudyD

Judy,

I am usually coming up from South Portland--and I think that I need to take a ride up soon and familiarize myself alot more with the area. Bath is such a great town, but I am so busy finding my way that I have not stopped to enjoy it. We were there over the week of the 4th and there were SSSOOO many people :passedout:lol. I love the Maine State Music Theater!! The last performance we went to was The Full Monty. :cheering: We were hoping to get back this summer but time just has gotten away from us!

anne

SkyBluePink
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
You will be up in the "county" lol. My cousin lives in Caribou and loves it! What brings you to that end of the state? If you don't mind me asking... :)

anne
sebago, me

My SO just requested and received a transfer to the US Border Patrol station in Fort Fairfield. We are both so excited! I love cold weather and snow and pretty scenery! And so close to Canada! :yay::yay::yay:

Stonington
07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
My SO just requested and received a transfer to the US Border Patrol station in Fort Fairfield. We are both so excited! I love cold weather and snow and pretty scenery! And so close to Canada! :yay::yay::yay:

Well then you are going to the right place lol. I lived in Rangeley for several years and the climate is about the same. Beautiful, and cold does not even begin to describe the temp some days in the middle of winter. :passedout: I wish you tons of happiness with your move! :cheering:

anne

SkyBluePink
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you, Anne!! Rangeley was also a station that my SO had put in for, as well as Calais. We REALLY wanted Calais, but are still happy about Fort Fairfield! Can't believe we have to be there by 9/16/07. Eeeek!!!:eyes:

ecb
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM
It took WAY to long for me to reply to this thread
BUT
I M in the Midcoast area
Heavenly Socks Yarn is my Store
as is Unique 1
Stitchery Square is nearby to, but I like the other two better (except for beading supplies)
if push comes to shove (or I actually NEED cheep acrylic) I can go to walmart (not my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, or even seventh choice)
if anyone is coming up my way, feel free to contact me in IM

ecb

WshUpnASta
10-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Okay, I just recently found this board, and just now... found this thread. I am from Windham and have been knitting for at least 25 years. I have two daughters in college now, with lots of free knitting time.

Stonington
10-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Okay, I just recently found this board, and just now... found this thread. I am from Windham and have been knitting for at least 25 years. I have two daughters in college now, with lots of free knitting time.

Welcome! We use to live on the Cartland Rd in Windham. Now we are in N. Sebago-- Nice to see someone so close! :woot:

anne

WshUpnASta
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome! We use to live on the Cartland Rd in Windham. Now we are in N. Sebago-- Nice to see someone so close! :woot:

anne

We live off Rte 202, around the corner from cartland rd. Did you know the Allen's that live on Cartland Rd?

Stonington
10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
We live off Rte 202, around the corner from cartland rd. Did you know the Allen's that live on Cartland Rd?

It is funny that you would ask about Candy and Lee. :flirt: We rented one of their apartments while we were looking for our house. We actually got married at the farm.. :heart:

anne
n. sebago, me

WshUpnASta
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
It is funny that you would ask about Candy and Lee. :flirt: We rented one of their apartments while we were looking for our house. We actually got married at the farm.. :heart:

anne
n. sebago, me

Yes we know Candy and Lee, but also Lyle and Cindy Allen.

marzi
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm in Buxton, 15 minutes from S.Portland. I work on the Gorham/Standish line about 10 minutes from Korner Knitters. I love that place!!!!!!!!!

blueeyes28
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I live on the Gorham/Standish line.

Stonington
11-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes we know Candy and Lee, but also Lyle and Cindy Allen.

Great folks. Lyle helped DH build a rack for his truck.. :) always there for everyone. :hug:

Stonington
11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm in Buxton, 15 minutes from S.Portland. I work on the Gorham/Standish line about 10 minutes from Korner Knitters. I love that place!!!!!!!!!
Me too! :heart: The ladies are wonderful! I am in Sebago, but travel by the store every day on my way home from work in South Portland.

WshUpnASta
11-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Me too! :heart: The ladies are wonderful! I am in Sebago, but travel by the store every day on my way home from work in South Portland.

Is anyone here on www.ravelry.com? I'm WshUpnASta there too!

Anahata
11-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I am in South Portland, ME ... work from home

Anahata :knitting:

Stonington
11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
:waving: Hi Anahata-- I am in South Portland working right now---you are lucky to work from home!
anne

I am in South Portland, ME ... work from home

Stonington
11-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I have joined but have not uploaded anything yet.. when I try from home it freezes my computer. Will look for you though :)
anne

Is anyone here on www.ravelry.com? (http://www.ravelry.com?) I'm WshUpnASta there too!

Anahata
11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Anne - :waving:Have a great day at work ... thanks for saying Hi!

Stonington
11-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi Anne - :waving:Have a great day at work ... thanks for saying Hi!

My pleasure! Hope you enjoy this somewhat windy day.. I guess the weekend is suppose to bring brrrr cold temps. :passedout:

anne

Meme
11-30-2007, 07:49 AM
I am moving to Fort Fairfield in September!! Are their any northern Maine knitters around?? I am so excited! :mrgreen:

HI SkyBluePink!!

I'm right next to Ft. Fairfield... in Easton... :woohoo:

Does this mean I have a knitter to talk to nearby?? :woot:

You said you were moving in September, so I'm assuming you are already in FF? I guess this means you figured out that we have no yarn shops here, huh? :sad:

Meme
11-30-2007, 07:55 AM

anne
sebago, me

Caribou is close to me, too... and one town over from Ft. Fairfield...

:psst: I know what brings people to the county... it's our wonderful warm weather LOL :teehee:

Actually I LOVE it here.. except for lack of knitting supplies!