PDA

View Full Version : Help finding pattern

jenniferd
07-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello!

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I was going to print a pattern for a sock the other day and ran out of ink in my printer and darned if I can find the pattern again, I've looked on knitty, magknits, and interweave (pretty sure it was on a site similar to that, though as much as I look for patterns online, who know where it actually is :??!!!).

It was a footie sock that was a very light green and had a lace instep that almost was like leaves going up it. The picture had just the girls legs with her feet in the picture. I believe, though I might be wrong, that it had two pattern repeats of about 18 rows or so across the instep. It was below the ankle, and it looked like a pretty quick knit. I believe that it was knitted top down though it's been a couple of days since I've seen it and may have forgotten.
I will :heart: you if you can help me find this!

Thanks all!

quiltbugj
07-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I think if you go to the top of your browser and click on History, you can pull up a list of all places you've visited recently. You should be able to see a bunch and then try a few to see if it's your "lost" page.

suzeeq
07-22-2007, 11:30 AM
You can even search your history. Type in `footie' or `sock'...

jenniferd
07-22-2007, 01:20 PM
You can even search your history. Type in `footie' or `sock'...

Yes, I know that can be done, but we have our history set to only cache one day, so it's gone from there.

suzeeq
07-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Google `footie' or `footy'? I'm often surprised when what I'm looking for turns up on the first page. It's like the thing is reading my mind...

LadyB
07-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Searching your history will work as long as you haven't cleared it.

You could also try searching Free Sock Patterns (http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm)

jenniferd
07-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I found it, thanks! I wouldn't have known what to call it, I've searched everywhere for patterns, so just to put in sock or footy to search, it wouldn't have helped because I would have gotten too many search results back, but thanks for trying to help anyway. :hug:

I was looking on the archives at Knitty, and it's a new pattern, that's why I couldn't find it. It's here, called Breeze: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTbreeze.html - silly me, but at least I found it :cheering:

redheadrachel
07-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Oooh, I'm thinking about doing that pattern!!! Let me know how it goes! :D

suzeeq
07-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I thought it might be that one, but couldn't think where I'd seen it either, or what it was called.

jenniferd
07-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I sure will redheadrachel, it may be a few days, because I'm still fininshing up a fiber trends hat for this winter (too many projects...so little time...as you all know).