PDA

View Full Version : Knit N Style October preview

mwedzi
07-23-2007, 12:57 AM
I am totally feeling this issue. I usually don't like this mag, but I love these designs:

http://www.knitnstyle.com/issues/october07_gallery.shtml

I know already I'm going to make the Cables Milano for my father. When I first looked at it, I wasn't sure, it took me a while to decide whether I liked it or not. But my father prefers not plain stuff (he loved/loves? the Cosby sweaters), and wanted a sweater, and I think with the right colors, maybe less turtleneck, it will be just enough funk without being too much.

I also like the Seacalin coat and the striped turtleneck and the Cable Tunic. The striped turtleneck looks like something I could buy in Kohl's but still, it looks like something I would buy. I've seen the VK and IK previews, but this is definitely my favorite.

dustinac
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
:thumbsup:Thanks for posting the preview...I like the seacalin coat and the falling flowers... which is strange cause that is normally not me...:rofling:

I have looked at the IK fall preview and didn't see anything in there that said make me...I liked some of the socks... and nothing in Vogue knitting...

flyingfingers
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I really like the "Weekend in New England" sweater. I will be looking for that issue. Thanks for posting :)

dreamsherl
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I usually don't but this magazine either but the designs in this issue look fantastic. Thanks for the review.

Quiltlady
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
The only one I like is the baby stripe sweater. That magazine just doesn't do it for me. Glad you are happy with it tho.:cheering:

stirsmommy
07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Ok so this isn't a mag I have looked at before but I love some of the sweaters. Is this the fall or winter issue. A yarn store that is a ways from me has the fall 2007 is this the right one? I don't really want to drive that far if it isn't.
Thanks

stirsmommy
07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I liked the pictures so well I drove 20 miles to go get it. That is completely unheard of for me! But my lys up the street didn't have it. Besides in all honesty I had been looking for an excuse to go there.:teehee:
Thanks for the heads up about this mag.

Jill A.
07-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I like the Dazzling Diamonds, but I don't plan to buy the magazine or make anything from it.

Stiney
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I like the Cables Milano (though not in those colors), the Striped Turtle Neck, Falling Flowers, Cable Tunic, and Seashell Shawl.

Also, the Shawl Collar Pullover looks like a nice guy knit (though maybe made a little less bulky), and the Unisex Fair Isle has a good shape for a guy, but I don't see many guys being comfortable in Fair Isle.

katrin
06-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Has anyone actually knit this sweater? I am having trouble with the cables. If I knit the colors separately the cable has a big hole between the twists. If I cross the colors and join the two halves of the cable it looks a bit flat.

Help!

Plantgoddess+
06-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting that link. I've not heard of the magazine before. I saw a number of things I liked and a couple I could see myself making.

suzeeq
06-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Yep the last couple issues of KnS have had a few patterns I like. There's only a couple places to get them around here though, none with coupons, and they've been sold out by the time I decided to buy them.

katrin
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I just received a phone call from Sandi Prosser, the designer of the Cables Milano. She said that you treat the cable like an intarsia knit and use separate balls of yarn for each cable, twisting the yarns at the color change.

Hope this helps anyone attempting this sweater.

mwedzi
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Did you guys see this on Ravelry? someone made a gorgeous one:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/hobbit/cables-milano

becjo
06-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Those are some really good patterns. Yeah - that magazine, its either a definite yes or no on the patterns for that month - but these looks really good!