PDA

View Full Version : What would you make with acrylic yarn?

Mommy22alyns
07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Now be nice, everyone!

I have skeins galore of various acrylic yarns from Smiley's hauls and I need some ideas of what to make with them - seriously!

I have this in blue, purple, and red, four skeins of each color:
http://www.pagelinx.com/smileysyarns/redhearttlcheather-2.jpg

And then this in yellow and purple, 3 skeins each:

http://www.pagelinx.com/smileysyarns/redhearttlcwiggles-2.jpg

Ideas? :shrug:

Jan in CA
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Yarns like that would make great kids clothing (washable) or charity projects.

Stiney
07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you have enough for a blanket/afghan/lapghan?

Lobug
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I've used a lot of acrylic yarn (as it cheapest, and relatives are excited to find something cheap and useful for me :) ). It is great for kids clothes b/c you can wash & dry it thousands of times and it is fine. TLC is nice b/c it is soft. It pills a bit when washed though.
Afgans and pillows are good too, b/c the acrylic holds up to the hard use. I've actually done socks with TLC and size 6 needles. They're soft, and hold up well. And they knit up really fast:). My kids like to play sliding games in them on our hardwood floors :).
TLC is great for hats too! Or bags, or even shrugs. :)

Yarnlady
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Anything can be made out of acrylic, just as anything can be made out of wool, or cotton. Knitter's preference! :teehee:

I make sweaters for the grands, slippers, blankets, afghans, pillows, shawls....whatever strikes my fancy!:happydance:

figaro
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
My old neighbor gave me a big bag of really old acrylics and I double stranded it into cat beds for the local humane society...

Ingrid
07-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree that kids' clothing or maybe even a log-cabin type blanket.

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Kid's clothing, or a log cabin style blanket. The colors don't fight with each other.

Quiltlady
07-25-2007, 11:46 AM
The yarns you bought look very nice. Enjoy.:cheering:

Lobug
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I made this really cool draft stopper dog (from a pattern book which I cannot remember now) from some acrylic yarn I frogged from a garage sale afgan a relative gave me. It turned out so cool my kids won't leave it in front of the door.

wolfette
07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
How about squares for Warm Up America? Cat toys, baby bibs, hats, booties, slippers (or as they're called where I'm from - beddies)... all it takes is a little imagination:thumbsup: