PDA

View Full Version : Do I sense a "dispute" within this Forum?

cheley
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I offered a shawl thru the Charity Section of KHF....I (unintentionally) mentioned a book in return..... I was pretty much humiliated by one of the other members.... I thought the "mods" were watching what goes on here... I am an adult who likes this forum, not someone looking to get something for nothing....:rollseyes::rollseyes:

Jan in CA
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I saw the post you are referring to and in fact responded myself. Here's what I said:

Maybe you misunderstand the point of charity knitting. It's to donate your time, and the project which includes shipping to someone less fortunate. Generally these projects go to groups that have absolutely no way of trading anything. I believe that is what Sandy was saying.

To respond to this post the answer is YES, we do watch what is going on in the forums. No one intended to humiliate you and I'm sorry you took it that way. I think she was just confused. :hug:

sara_jayne
07-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry you felt humliated Cheley - I do hope that you will stick around the boards since this is such a wonderful community. There are lots of other charity projects to particiate in and I hope one of them will work for you. :hug:

Susan P.
07-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I just went and had a look at the thread. Cheley, you clarified your position by saying you thought a book as a trade could cover your postage. I guess my thought would have been.."who" would have been paying for the book if all people were essentially giving to a charity? I believe it was assumed you had misunderstood the intention and attempts were made to inform you. Perhaps at the end there was a slight bit of mutual tension but I think one can understand how that arose.

If you have a lovely shawl you would care to give don't hold it back based on a misunderstanding - the group will embrace the item and your 'giving'. If however this was a particularly precious item then perhaps you may wish to keep it, make a shawl yourself and donate that.

cheley
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I just went and had a look at the thread. Cheley, you clarified your position by saying you thought a book as a trade could cover your postage. I guess my thought would have been.."who" would have been paying for the book if all people were essentially giving to a charity? I believe it was assumed you had misunderstood the intention and attempts were made to inform you. Perhaps at the end there was a slight bit of mutual tension but I think one can understand how that arose.

If you have a lovely shawl you would care to give don't hold it back based on a misunderstanding - the group will embrace the item and your 'giving'. If however this was a particularly precious item then perhaps you may wish to keep it, make a shawl yourself and donate that. You are right..the shawl is "precious" and that was my "good" intention (to pass it on to another person)....I do "own" shawls that I made in both knit and crochet, I will "donate"them to my local group "Warm hands, Warm hearts" without question. Thank you.

Susan P.
07-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Would you care to offer some FO images of what you've made? I long to be able to crochet and would love to see.

Local charities are great and if you happen to one day see someone snuggled up in one that may feel wonderful. A friend of my son's has a homeless person he has come to know and that he gives food and some cash to when they encounter. They have known each other for a year or so now. I said I'd knit the man a scarf that can just be handed to him directly. It leads me to feel good knowing a 'presence' is out there that will receive and be fractionally warmer on these cold winter nights.

Shandeh
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I offered a shawl thru the Charity Section of KHF....I (unintentionally) mentioned a book in return..... I was pretty much humiliated by one of the other members.... I thought the "mods" were watching what goes on here... I am an adult who likes this forum, not someone looking to get something for nothing....:rollseyes::rollseyes:

I am also an adult, my friend, and I never meant to humiliate you.

I knit for charity all the time, including the Oddball projects that involve over 100 of the KH forum members. We all knit the items, and pay our own postage. None of us has been or ever will be compensated for that. We give from our hearts, without expecting anything in return.

I was just surprised to see you asking specifically for a Debbie Bliss book in return for your shawl. I believe that book is worth over 20 dollars. And wouldn't they have to pay postage to mail it to you?

I just didn't understand your reasoning with that request. As I said with my first post in that thread, if you're looking for a trade, you should go to the "Buy/Sell/Swap" thread.

cheley
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Would you care to offer some FO images of what you've made? I long to be able to crochet and would love to see.

Local charities are great and if you happen to one day see someone snuggled up in one that may feel wonderful. A friend of my son's has a homeless person he has come to know and that he gives food and some cash to when they encounter. They have known each other for a year or so now. I said I'd knit the man a scarf that can just be handed to him directly. It leads me to feel good knowing a 'presence' is out there that will receive and be fractionally warmer on these cold winter nights. Here's where you'll find my "stuff" http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm Thanks for asking:muah: Cheley

Silver
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I have to admit, I agree with Shandeh. It's a little odd to ask for a trade in return for a donation. But I certainly don't think Shandeh would intentionally try to humiliate you Cheley!:hug:

snowbear
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
It is very easy to have a misunderstanding in print. Without the tone of the voice.. or the intonation it is sometimes hard to understand what the writer meant.

I know for a fact that this group reaches out to all, and forgives and moves on...

Shandeh goes above and beyond.. as many due.

It is easy to misinterpret things printed.

Please chalk it up to nonverbal misunderstanding...

Life is too short & precious to let it consume anyone to the point of frustration..

This group has reached out and took over a charity project for me due to my illness... They did it out of love, if you wish to participate in a charity, believe me.. they will welcome you with open arms.

Hugs...

gamerchik
07-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Snowbear is right about the difference between verbal/nonverbal communication.

I can totally vouch for Shandeh -- she is a sweetheart and I'm CERTAIN that her correspondence w/you held NO malicious, condescending or insulting intentions.

sara_jayne
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I love how this community is so supportive of everyone and Sandy does do many wonderful things. However not everyone operates in the same "selfless" way that Sandy does and everyone needs to respect that.

However, I do think this is an important time to note that we do need to utlize PMs if we are questioning someone on something like this.

I may be alone in this but I hope that everyone learns that perhaps PMs are a good avenue for such discussions. The use of emoticons can be construed incorrectly and PMs are a much better way to discuss things than using the :neutral: emoticon.

I'm sorry if this offends any one, but I feel this side needs to be pointed out.

zip
07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I've refrained from saying something because KH peeps will possibly consider me biased, but...

Here's where you'll find my "stuff" http://www.knittychick.com/free_sock_patterns.htm Thanks for asking:muah: Cheley

each of her posts takes just a little bit more from her credibility. :yadda:

Kudos, Sandy, for taking a stand in defense of charities and those who seriously support them. :notworthy:

cheley
07-25-2007, 12:00 AM
:yadda::yadda::yadda:I've refrained from saying something because KH peeps will possibly consider me biased, but...

Kudos, Sandy, for taking a stand in defense of charities and those who seriously support them. :notworthy: You can question my credibility, because you don't know me...:yadda:but I think the "icon" that you decided on using says it all...you are biased
. :cheering:So, have a nice day, I am sooo glad that everyone vented their frustation today... I apologized for offending any "charity" of few blogs ago:woot:

sugarfunpouch
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. :hug: :heart: :blooby:

zip
07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
:yadda::yadda::yadda: You can question my credibility, because you don't know me...:yadda:but I think the "icon" that you decided on using says it all...you are biased
. :cheering:So, have a nice day, I am sooo glad that everyone vented their frustation today... I apologized for offending any "charity" of few blogs ago:woot:

Bless your heart. I'm not questioning your credibility.

Braden
07-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I'd just like to make 4 points:

1. Sandy is a wonderful person, who doesn't know that? I know that she would never "attak" or publicly humiliate another person here. I believe that this whole thing was just a big misunderstanding.

2. Charity knitting is exactly what it seems, you're giving to someone less fortunate than you. There is usually no "trading" involved. You are giving something for nothing.

3. If someone wants to trade a knitted item for a book, that's not exactly a donation, and it should probably be posted to the Buy/Sell/Swap board.

4. This is a great forum with fantastic people who are so quick to forgive/forget disputes, and I think we can safely say that there was no "dispute", if there was, than it's over, and that we're a happy, functioning KH again! :cheering:

And, Cheley, no one was questioning your credibility, judging from your posts (including your reply earlier) , you're a great person!

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 12:53 AM
cheley, I hope that we can get to know each other better. Hopefully, our next conversation will be happier and more constructive. :wink:

hunterjenn
07-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Not to stir the pot anymore, but I agree with Sara. I think we need to be careful how we "straighten out" people here...especially newer members. Regardless of everyone's feelings about charity knitting, I think the point is that Cheley felt hurt by how strongly she was, in my opinion, reprimanded.

I think those of us who are here all the time sometimes forget that others just need a little nudge in the right direction...not a shove.

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 03:30 AM
It is easy for a group who has known each other for so long - or for a length of time - not to take exception over posts etc because you KNOW the character and you KNOW their humanity etc, so, yes, it is reasonable to be mindful re new people or people with english as a second language in particular.

That said, in my opinion, it is NOT one person's job or task or role to smooth a surface and to promote both healing and 'new' connections solo. That takes gracious attitudes on both sides.

catownedanna
07-25-2007, 05:32 AM
This post'sSwedish word/phrase: "Förmodligen ett missförstånd" = "Most probably a misudnerstanding"
_____

When I first saw this thread I decided I wouldn't post in it. I didn't want to stir things up...

I just want to say that I feel sad about cheley feeling humiliated. I'm sure that wasn't Sandy's intention. However, if I had gotten the same response as cheley got, I'd feel uneasy too... I thought it was strongly worded, and I have to agree with Sara and Jenn, suggesting that PMs might be used instead of open posts, when you want to hint someone in the right direction. Or at least switch when it's "obvious" that there's a misunderstanding going on (first hint can be helpful to other newcomers too).

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 05:57 AM
I'm feeling a little troubled that the emphasis here is on Sandy and how Sandy could have or should have reacted. And I say this KNOWING full well what it feels like to assume one is being rejected from a group - because I have felt that here on one occasion myself.

Cheley has posted over 180 times so cheley was not new to the group although she may have been new to that forum. I didn't find Sandy's first post harsh. If 'to-the-point' is considered brusque then it was brusque :shrug:

cheley said she knew what the forum was and pursued with the request for the book. I believe sandy then felt taken aback and perhaps, from her ethical standpoint, offended.

I believe it was as much cheley's responsibility as sandy's to deal with the situation potentially differently. If cheley had been a very new person to the group perhaps that may be different.

Is cheley also knittychick as I am a little confused about knittychicks links being offered yesterday as cheley's work? From what I recall knittychick has been around for a while..??

I spoke a little toughly to someone last night, realised, apologised and made light of it and worked to help. They in their turn responded to the humour and just dealt with the knitting issue.

This is what I meant by two people needing to co-operate to resolve and move on. What has happened has happened and Sandy has now made an overture. I'm sure in the future Sandy will be mindful just like cheley should/could be also.

IF..let's say if..a circumstance was present where someone had items to donate but literally could not afford to send them, then this is a situation where saying the status openly may well feel humiliating. This is a situation where a PM - even to a mod - would be useful and appropriate. Or to the organiser of the activity.

Voice of Reason
07-25-2007, 08:28 AM

Bless your heart. I'm not questioning your credibility.

:think:

mulene
07-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I've refrained from saying something because KH peeps will possibly consider me biased, but...

Call me biased but I think using that icon is pretty mean and I certainly would find the way that was said / put across with that icon upsetting if it were aimed at me.

Has anyone considered English may not be the other posters first language?

I do put all of this down to misunderstanding, and I certainly didn't think Cheley came across as being greedy, thought she just came across as not quite understanding the charity forum.

I, as an English first language user, also don't quite get the follow up in which Zip states she isn't questioning Cheleys credibility.

Maybe I'm way off in my understanding of the two posts by Zip but IMO posts like this don't actually add to the conversation, rather they pour oil on already troubled waters.

If one doesn't have something good to say or add to something one should not speak. Again that is my own personal opinion and since I'm speaking without adding much other than my shock at Zips post I should bow out and keep my mouth shut :)

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Discreet cough. Can I just remind what Shandeh posted a little ways back? Perhaps that is the starting point for the future. Constant recriminations are simply looking backwards:

"cheley, I hope that we can get to know each other better. Hopefully, our next conversation will be happier and more constructive. :wink:"

sara_jayne
07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I agree Susan, but please note that that post was editited by Sandy and that content is NOT what the orginal post said, which is why Hunterjenn posted. Sandy's editing of that post has made all other posts after it appear out of place.

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Sarah-Jane.. I admit I did not see that, nor did I see the original post, however, what is all this achieving at this point? I think the message is out there about being more caring and careful.

Constant recriminations seem to be helping nothing and simply furthering the issue.

Can we all simply agree that if someone appears to be confused that we 'nicely' explain or guide - perhaps additionally in PM - and that is all we can do. Perhaps if the situation were to happen again Sandy would simply say "Sorry, in the charity forum there are no arrangements for exchanges or trades but would you still be willing to give anyway". Perhaps cheley could agree that after having used the trade/swap forum for a while that posting what she did was a 'carry over and habit' or similar and that, admittedly, it didn't suit the charity forum.

Graciousness on both sides.

Sara
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
THIS thread is one of the reasons why we have moderators.

If anyone feels badly about an exchange, they should take it to one of our most excellent moderators through a private message and ask for it to be resolved that way.

Let the moderators do their job instead of bringing everyone into the discussion.

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I just caught your post Sara. Perhaps so however I for one would hesitate about asking a mod to resolve an interpersonal issue. I guess I'm aware of the workload they have and would hesitate. That said, it's probably not a bad idea.

At this juncture I will buy out of this thread. I believe everyone in this community, no matter who they are and what they do, need to bring tolerance and patience when entering this space for the sake of community. That said, we are all human, we all have our off days. Forgiveness is important at times.

I think this has been a heads up and perhaps timely reminder of not assuming what we write is what is heard.

All I know is..there are a whole bunch..a whole flock...a whole skeinload..of good people at KH.

stitchwitch
07-25-2007, 11:46 AM
:hiding:Drama, blah!

Sara
07-25-2007, 11:49 AM
No. That wasn't a suggestion. It IS one of the functions of the moderators. Since it is very rare that we have this kind of problem, it does not add that much time to the job.

I experienced a rather nasty exchange a long time back, and the mods asked that we let them mediate the dispute, since that is one reason for having mods.

Mods Rock!!!! :woot:

mintdee
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi all putting on the mod hat here. This is a situation where us mods would be very happy to help. It is better for everyones feelings to take a problem to the person through pm or by using one of the lovely (and handsome- no need to tell Jeremy that he is lovely ;)) mods to mediate. As was stated it really is our job to do this so you won't be bothering us. So rather than continuing with this thread and possibly cause more hurt feelings or frustration lets take it to pm. Also if the two ladies originally involved in this still need to talk to someone please feel free to message a mod. We are here to help. :thumbsup:

Jenelle
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
-edited-

cheley
07-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi all putting on the mod hat here. This is a situation where us mods would be very happy to help. It is better for everyones feelings to take a problem to the person through pm or by using one of the lovely (and handsome- no need to tell Jeremy that he is lovely ;)) mods to mediate. As was stated it really is our job to do this so you won't be bothering us. So rather than continuing with this thread and possibly cause more hurt feelings or frustration lets take it to pm. Also if the two ladies originally involved in this still need to talk to someone please feel free to message a mod. We are here to help. :thumbsup: Yep, emailed "mod" yesterday when the situation first occurred...if you check back you will see that...also, in my own defense (FOR THE FINAL TIME) To answer some previous questions: No, I am not a new member, if you look back at my posts, you will find me swapping, asking for vacation advice, advice on how to accept the fact that my "crafting teacher" was nearing the end of her life and in hospice, accepting a "prayer shawl" from another member of KHF,selling thru the forum as well as buying. You will also find posts where I "threw in the needles" because of my personal loss...but decided to pick them back up and keep trying...Yes, yesterday I checked out Knitty Chicks site and posted my stuff there...again, that was yesterday. Like I posted, the "smilies" say it all. So question my credibility, question my loyalty to this site but keep in mind it's my choice to be here. Thanks to all

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I think we need to let this go now please. Let's get back to knitting. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

SabrinaJL
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Jan, I've been meaning to tell you that I really like your sig. If that's true then all my projects are VERRRRY complete. Even the ones that are still OTN. :roflhard:

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Jan, I've been meaning to tell you that I really like your sig. If that's true then all my projects are VERRRRY complete. Even the ones that are still OTN. :roflhard:

:teehee: Thanks! My dad gave me a pillow last Christmas that said something like that and I thought "how appropriate".

stitchwitch
07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I snicker everytime I see it. :teehee: I've knitted everything with cat hair stuck in it.

SabrinaJL
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Right now we are staying with my parents (just until Aug. 13th though) and between me and my mom we have 4 cats. Two of them are long-haired. Fun.

Between the 4 cats and the needle-eating, project-ripping German Shepard, it's pretty amazing that I ever actually turn out a usable FO.

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Between the 4 cats and the needle-eating, project-ripping German Shepard, it's pretty amazing that I ever actually turn out a usable FO.

Ack.. 4 cats! We have two and that's enough. One of them will be moving with my daughter in a month or two though. The other one is 16 as of yesterday. I love cats, but elderly cats are a pain in the patoot! At least my dog ignores my knitting. :teehee:

Sharly
07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
<----Has 9 cats :)

Everything I knit looks like it's angora :roflhard:

SabrinaJL
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
You are a very brave person. Are they indoor or outdoor cats?

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
<----Has 9 cats :)

Everything I knit looks like it's angora :roflhard:

Nine cats. :passedout: And also.... :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Sharly
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
You are a very brave person. Are they indoor or outdoor cats?

They are strictly indoors - and totally spoiled. DH and I are merely the servants in our house, for sure!!

Sharly
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Nine cats. :passedout: And also.... :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

We are definitely :eyes:

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
3 dogs and one cat.

There was one instance where I was knitting a dishcloth, and coulndt figure out why my yarn was wet....I looked around and all I saw was the ball on the edge of the couch...

Then I looked on the FLOOR, and there was my cat..happily chewing and drooling on the yarn he had unwound from the ball, and laid out in front of him.

I didnt even KNOW he had done that till the yarn started coming up wet. :ick: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I was knitting one day when my yarn just ended. I was :?? till I saw the kitten who was happily chewing my yarn and had chewed it clear through! :doh:

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
He did that too with my clogs!

LibraryLady
07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Then I looked on the FLOOR, and there was my cat..happily chewing and drooling on the yarn he had unwound from the ball, and laid out in front of him.

I didnt even KNOW he had done that till the yarn started coming up wet. :ick: :roflhard:

I let my cat do that with cotton for dishcloths... :oops:

and make sure I wash my hands when I stop and the washcloths go in the wash when they're done! :whistle:

LL

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
:roflhard:

Exactly. Moggy would feel left out if I didnt let him play with the yarn.

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't let the kitten play with the yarn because more than once I've had to pull a long piece out of her throat! :ick: I found out thought that she LOVES dishcloths..especially the microspun ones, but even cotton. She rolls around on the floor with it and rubs it on her face. It's hilarious! I made a video, but it's too large and I don't know how to make it smaller. :??

stitchwitch
07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I think all cats are nuts, mine will walk up to a ball of yarn, sniff it and then try and take a big bite out of it. It's hilarious to watch but what a nutcase. I can't imagine that feels good in one's mouth.

LibraryLady
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't let the kitten play with the yarn because more than once I've had to pull a long piece out of her throat! :ick: ...

Mine doesn't eat it :ick: fortunately...

She likes to play with the end at the beginning or what's between my fingers and the ball - just mouthing/slobbering all over it :ick:

end at the beginning - good thing we're all knitters and can understand a phrase like that! :rofl:

LL

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 07:34 PM
She likes to play with the end at the beginning or what's between my fingers and the ball - just mouthing/slobbering all over it :ick:

:ick: is right!

end at the beginning - good thing we're all knitters and can understand a phrase like that! :rofl:

LL
I know exactly what you mean! :roflhard:

SabrinaJL
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Fortunately, all 4 cats know better than to mess with my knitting. When I started, I made sure they knew it was a big no-no (I've heard too many bad things about what happens when animals swallow string). The dog, however, isn't so smart.

misha rf
07-25-2007, 08:46 PM
We've got 8 cats (had 9 until this past Sept.). Fortunately, mine tend to leave my knitting alone. I do have one who will nap on it if she finds it. And once in a while, one will decide to jump on the yarn as it moves. Haven't had to "fish" any yarn out--yet!:ick:

zip
07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Yep, emailed "mod" yesterday when the situation first occurred...if you check back you will see that...also, in my own defense (FOR THE FINAL TIME) To answer some previous questions: No, I am not a new member, if you look back at my posts, you will find me swapping, asking for vacation advice, advice on how to accept the fact that my "crafting teacher" was nearing the end of her life and in hospice, accepting a "prayer shawl" from another member of KHF,selling thru the forum as well as buying. You will also find posts where I "threw in the needles" because of my personal loss...but decided to pick them back up and keep trying...Yes, yesterday I checked out Knitty Chicks site and posted my stuff there...again, that was yesterday. Like I posted, the "smilies" say it all. So question my credibility, question my loyalty to this site but keep in mind it's my choice to be here. Thanks to all

:roflhard:

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 01:05 AM
My sister is a silly one, isn't she? :teehee:

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I am not offended by anyone's comments in this thread.

We are all free to express our true feelings.

It is quite humorous to me to see that what started as a private conversation among 3 people in the Charity Knitting thread, has turned into a catfight in the Off-Topic area.

Here is my defense, for what it's worth:

Several people have mentioned that I should have gotten a mod involved with this issue. I did just that, right after I posted my response in the Charity Knitting thread. I mentioned to them that I thought it could potentially be a problem. Next thing I knew, this other thread was started.

Others said that we should be more kind to newer members. The person I was posting to is not a new member. She joined before I did. I was just asking her for clarification on what she was requesting. It just didn't make sense to me.

I agree that I could have been kinder in my response, but I was upset. I'm allowed to express my feelings, just like everyone else in this forum. I've seen several of our members expressing their feelings about issues, without being reprimanded for it as I have been.

I think the reason everyone has made such an issue of the discussion is because it was so out of character for me.

Yes, I am human, and I get angry sometimes. This just happened to be a sore spot for me, because of my deep involvement in charity knitting.

As for the post that I edited earlier in this thread: I made the changes to my post before I ever read anyone else's response. The statement that remains in that post was there from the beginning. I deleted some extra comments I made, after thinking better of it. If you look through my history, you'll see that I regularly edit my posts, as do others in the forum.

Some of you seem to have put me on your black list. I think I can handle it. I'm a big girl. It just surprises me to see some of you treating me this way. When I was a new member, you were all very kind to me. Now that I'm established, things have changed.

I want to thank those of you who have spoken kindly of me. You are true friends. :hug:

That is all I have to say on the subject. I am going back to my usual spots in the forum: Charity Knitting, and the blogs of my friends.

Susan P.
07-26-2007, 01:19 AM
I just have to say this..and I hope Sara can laugh about it because I thought it ironically amusing myself.
Sara responded to my comment about involving mods in the SAME way as cheley perceived Sandy did. I got a "No" and a correction and I wasn't the only one who read it that way, however, I didn't make an issue of it and no-one felt the need to openly defend me. Again, I was more amused at the irony within the context. We've all effectively moved on and are back to talking knitting and I think that's great. :sun::sun::sun:

As one wee last comment, perhaps an icon could be removed as its use at any time may be taken as offensive.

Braden
07-26-2007, 01:42 AM
I want to thank those of you who have spoken kindly of me. You are true friends. :hug:

You're just an extremely nice, caring person, and I watched your videos on youtube and you have a very sweet voice.

Jan in CA
07-26-2007, 01:51 AM
:wall:

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Poor Jan! :teehee:

mulene
07-26-2007, 04:22 AM
um maybe I misread peoples posts here but I've not seen anyone put you on their black list over this...

Also I thought the thread had moved on then zip posts and it all comes back again.... :wall:

Vendie
07-26-2007, 07:33 AM
It seems that the only way to truly drop the issue is to lock the thread, so that's what I'm going to do. Take it up with me offline if you have any problems with it.