PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this stash???

Sharly
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Without doubt, the Stash Queen (http://mochimochiland.com/weblog/?p=111)!!

Robinknits
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Woah!!!! She has enough to open a store or 2 or 3! I'd like to go shopping in her stash!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
oh my... when can we (knitters) move in? LOL

1to1
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM
:passedout:OH MY GOSH!!!:passedout::passedout:
I think she has more than my LYS. Lucky U!:clink:

Mulderknitter
07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I had to forward that to my DH, he thinks I have too much!:drool:

bip
07-24-2007, 03:09 PM
On the one hand I think that woman may have a problem, and on the other hand I am JEALOUS!!! Plus, it's nice of her to provide a "see, I'm not THAT bad" for all our husbands (and other affected parties).

I am filled with so much wonderment. What could be in all those cabinets? What is her rarest find? What is her most sentimental stashed item? And what is "the one that got away", the item her collection is missing?

slightly addicted to yarn
07-24-2007, 03:11 PM
This link is also famous in the U.K.! Much admired and worshipped by all! Who wouldn't want to live in that room? Awesome...

ScandaKnitvian
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, I am in shock. I'd love to browse through that! She needs a pattern for a skyscraper cozy.

Sharly
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
"skyscraper cozy"

:roflhard:

nik
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
WOW!! http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/images/smilies/aug08_006.gif

SabrinaJL
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
True SABLE right there. Does she actually knit or just acquire yarn?

Mommy22alyns
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
:passedout:

bip
07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
True SABLE right there. Does she actually knit or just acquire yarn?

I was wondering the same thing. I mean, if she does knit, imagine the size of the room that would hold her FOs!

sekini
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
WOW!!! I don't feel so bad about my stash now. I'm an amateur. That room is bigger than my entire apartment.
Cathy

sugarfunpouch
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
And my mom thinks I have a lot of yarn! http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/zoobyplooby.gif

kellycarr05
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
WOW! I don't know what to think. I guess if you have the money to buy that much........a little overkill if you don't own a shop. I guess I'm just simple. I buy what I need, or if on a really good sale, but only if I have a project for it and someone to give it to. She will NEVER run out of yarn.:X:

jjminarcik
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Snugglebugmom
07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
That room is my idea for heaven, except it should have a little Starbucks in one corner. :mrgreen:
Love it, love it, love it, and am soooo jealous. Now even DH has to admit that I have a measly little stash. :lol:

ekgheiy
07-24-2007, 04:52 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_34_2.gif

I am decidedly
green
with envy!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_4.gif

ADAllen
07-24-2007, 05:14 PM
wow that is bigger than my LYS! I only have 3 skeins of yarn that don't have projects planned for them, and they are making me antsy. I would have to quit my job and just knit for a few years. I couldn't concentrate at work knowing that I had all of that waiting for me at home.

redheadrachel
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
That's so cool that it is a very active knitting area and stuff, instead of a yarn museum that you can't touch. I especially liked that part. And it's all beautiful!!! :inlove:

SusanMarie1956
07-24-2007, 05:20 PM
WOW!!!!!!! If my husband ever said that I have too much yarn, I'll show ihm this. ;-)

Susan

Carla1019
07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
:passedout:WOw and I thought I had a lot.. I won't beable to full one of her baskets.

Got to show DH. Maybe he will shut up now..:thumbsup:

willowangel
07-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I saw this a wee while ago and had a couple of thoughts about it - first, of course, 'Ha, I'm not that bad after all', second, it's nice to see kids toys and stuff in there - part of the family, and third - my favourite part of the whole page is this : her husband's comment, quite far down 'she deserves every last skein'. How amazing to have that kind of love that would not only put up with a hobby like ours without rolling their eyes, but would post publicly something as beautiful as that? It made me all glowy inside, and remains what I show people the page for :-)

kellyh57
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Am I the only one that wants to go in there and organize it? I just can't bear looking at all that mish-mash of yarn. It would look so much prettier if it were organized by type/weight/color/etc. How could you ever use it if you didn't know what you had or where?

Kelly

Silver
07-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm not one to diss such a yarn queen, but I think there's a fine line between a yarn stash and a hoarding problem! Honestly, who needs that much yarn on hand? That's not a yarn stash anymore, that's a very, very Local Yarn Shop!! :teehee:

KT120
07-24-2007, 06:02 PM
That room will now become the place I will visualize whenever I need to become 'calm'. Because let me tell you, that is heaven! :angelgrin:

I do agree that her husband has to be the sweetest man ever.

Jan in CA
07-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Does she knit with it or just accumulate it? :?? :lol:

Ingrid
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
HA!!! See? Even I don't have that much!:happydance:

Indygirl
07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm wondering just how long it took her to accumulate that much yarn.
I'm like the rest of you, I love buying yarn. I have an embarrassing amount of stash. I looked at those pictures and thought that's me in a few years:roflhard::roflhard:

JoeE
07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I have a friend who collect quilt fabric to that extreme. Her idea is that once she retires, she'll be too poor to buy any more fabric, so she's planning a serious STABLE (stash acquired beyond life expectancy). She has thousands of yards of fabric--mostly in 1/2 to 1 yard pieces.

Joe

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
WOW! That STASH is positively unbelievable! I wonder if Bonnie has a Yarn Stash Spreadsheet Inventory? :teehee:

Her STASH is what we call S.A.B.L.E.

AKA: STASH ACQUISITION BEYOND LIFE EXPECTANCY!

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
PS: It is also very nice that her family is kind to her about the STASH. My daughter's mother-in-law is the same kind of Stasher with Rubber Stamps and papers for that hobby. She has a room filled with them...she keeps them in huge clear bags, categorizing the bag contents by maker. I just couldn't do it. My collection of anything has got to be inventoried and categorized. However, I think the Stash Queen, Bonnie, has stored all her yarns very neatly and nicely.

Cookie222
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Omg....that's alot of yarn that's just sitting there collecting dust. Well, actually it looks like a bunch of it is in bags...either way that's alot of yarn going to waste. I hope she actually plans on using it all. I don't think one person could even get through half of that, though. Seriously, I think she has hoarding issues....

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Omg....that's alot of yarn that's just sitting there collecting dust. Well, actually it looks like a bunch of it is in bags...either way that's alot of yarn going to waste. I hope she actually plans on using it all. I don't think one person could even get through half of that, though. Seriously, I think she has hoarding issues....

Actually, you are right on. Yarn Stash of this magnitude is a hoarding issue...but...at least she is "into yarn" and not a cat hoarder. Have you seen that ASPCA Animal Cops program where the householder had 250 cats in his/her house??? The householder has moved into the shed, and the cats have taken over the house, basement, attic, walls, and yard. THAT was a hoarding issue, too. They don't see it for what it is.

But, after all is said and done....a "yarn hoarder" isn't putting any living thing (like cats) at risk....and as long as her family is okay with it...who cares!?

Hmmm, I wonder what her family will think when they inherit this yarn stash? Will they love her for it...or will they find it a burden to unload??

She will certainly never knit even 1% of it because she probably buys new yarn at a greater rate than she knits yarn.

She could join our YEAR OF THE STASH 2007! Hop onto the old Stash Train with some of us Stashies! We're having quite a party over there on the Stash Train! :balloons::present::grphug::eyes:

zip
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
So I showed the link to my SO and asked him, "Did your mom have this much yarn?" He looked at it over my shoulder and replied, "more." :shock:

She died a few years ago, before he and I met. I've never seen the "room full of yarn, from floor to ceiling." Anyone in New Hampshire want to scope it out for me? I'll share.

jeanius80
07-24-2007, 11:33 PM
On the one hand I think that woman may have a problem, and on the other hand I am JEALOUS!!! Plus, it's nice of her to provide a "see, I'm not THAT bad" for all our husbands (and other affected parties).

I am filled with so much wonderment. What could be in all those cabinets? What is her rarest find? What is her most sentimental stashed item? And what is "the one that got away", the item her collection is missing?
i want to know those same things! and is there any purchases she wished she *didn't* make? :inlove:

Aliann
07-25-2007, 12:09 AM
My goodness that's alot of yarn. :yay:

misstialouise
07-25-2007, 01:59 AM
I just had the hugest brain fart after seeing that...

Must remember to show DH that next time he complains about the amount of wool I have...

Sharly
07-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Amanda - I know what you mean! I would feel so pressured (in a good way), like I had to be be constantly working on turning all that yummy yarn into yummy items!!

Sharly
07-25-2007, 09:07 AM
WOW! That STASH is positively unbelievable! I wonder if Bonnie has a Yarn Stash Spreadsheet Inventory? :teehee:

Her STASH is what we call S.A.B.L.E.

AKA: STASH ACQUISITION BEYOND LIFE EXPECTANCY!

Hi ArtLady!

That's funny! I immediately thought - ooh, I would love to set up a spreadsheet or database and catalog and organize all that yarn!

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Far out..now there's a woman who's created a shop in her own home! LOL

GinnyG
07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
:passedout::passedout::passedout::passedout::passe dout::passedout:
I think she is my NEW HERO!!

Songbirdy
07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
It is pretty. Yet I couldn't be in a room like that as a room in a house. Being a reformed Clutter-bug I was quick to back out of the pictures.

Sadly my MIL is like that with fabric. She has filled each of her children's bedrooms with fabric. She has over $50,000 of sewing machines.

And she won't allow anyone to shop from her fabrics. Some of which date from the 70's.

Which is frustrating in the years that I have not had money and wished for a few meters so that I could sew my family clothes. Thankfully we've been provided for in other ways but it seriously made me desire to sneak away/steal material!

mdog182
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
that is the most glorious thing i have ever seen in my life :shock:

PinkRoses
07-25-2007, 05:51 PM
On the one hand I would say that it would be so fun to walk through there and just browse around for a few hrs. On the other hand, when does it become a problem? There is no way she can even use 25% of all that. It's just too much so it will just sit there. But, then there is the comfort factor. I will say that having a yarn stash does give those like us much comfort for some psychological reason.

Greys4me
07-25-2007, 06:00 PM
AMAZING!!:flirt: I'm envious!

stitchwitch
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm freaking out!! I'm a neat freak to a fault and that pictures gives me the heebie jeebies. :roflhard:

DQ
07-26-2007, 06:16 AM

I have GOT to show that to my MIL, she thinks she has a lot of yarn :teehee:

I love the comment from her daughter about finding yarn in the bathroom! :shock: :teehee:

Karrying Kolor
07-26-2007, 06:34 AM
That's awsome for her, but not something I'd ever aspire to...I'd honestly be more impressed with seeing her gallery of FO's from that embarrassment of riches! :shrug:

Ronda
07-26-2007, 06:50 AM
That room is my idea for heaven, except it should have a little Starbucks in one corner. :mrgreen:

:roflhard:

giedre11
07-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I can't help but wonder if she still likes some of the "older" yarns she bought. There are always new yarns coming out and it seems like the newer ones are somehow better than what's in one's stash, and so you accumulate and add those newer yarns, kwim?