PDA

View Full Version : Post # 2 Can't find the 1st one!

karen.tilley@mchsi.com
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Errrrrrrr. I want some help. I want to know why all knitting each stitch/row and purling each stitch/row is both called garter. Mine doesn't look alike. Should it look the same? My purling rows are farther apart.

Also, I DON'T want my address to show on here. (Now that I've drawed all you attentions to it) How do I get it off and have cute little names like you.

Thank you, Karen.

Jan in CA
07-24-2007, 03:33 PM
To find a p revious post you can click your username on the left there and then click "find more posts" by your username.

PM me with the user name you want to use instead of your email address and I'll ask an admin to do that for you.

suzeeq
07-25-2007, 12:03 AM
To answer your question.. The back of a knit stitch is a purl stitch and the back of a purl stitch is a knit stitch. Whether you purl every row or knit every row you get garter. As to why your purl rows are further apart, many people have looser tension when purling than when knitting, so that would increase their size. If that's what you meant...

Your other post is on this page - http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=28191&page=279