PDA

View Full Version : Virus infected E-mail

Stonington
07-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Good Morning!

I have received several e-mails that are infected. I thought I would share what was in the subject line so that may save some folks the possibility of getting a virus on their PC/Laptop,
"You've received an ecard from a Friend!
You've received a greeting card from a Mate!
You've received a greeting ecard from a Family member!
You've received a greeting card from a Neighbor! "

These are a few that our system has quarantined this morning!

anne

HeatherFeather
07-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I've sent an email to abuse@<domain name>, and they've not been returned.

All the websites I've looked at just say, yup, it's out there, don't click on the link.

leedsfan
07-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I keep getting them,i am with tiscali,where do i send them?

Limey
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi

Silver posted a very useful message about this virus on July 5th or thereabouts.

Seems they're trying all sorts to get your attention - I even got one email saying I had received a card from a 'mate' - cheeky beggars! - it's bad enough that they're trying to offload a virus without taking the Mick as well!:grrr:

Stonington
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi Ellie! I was just reading your e-mail.. glad all is well!

anne

knitwit628
07-25-2007, 10:04 AM
"You've received an ecard from a Friend!
You've received a greeting card from a Mate!
You've received a greeting card from a Neighbor! "

I have gotten these too! These emails drive me nuts :gah: I don't open them though...

Miss Kittie
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Yea, I'm getting them, too.
Did you notice that Neighbor is spelled Neighbour?:??

Stonington
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Yea, I'm getting them, too.
Did you notice that Neighbor is spelled Neighbour?:??

LOL there always seem to be typos in these.

anne

debinoz
07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Depends on where you're from... if I were in the UK, for instance, it would be the correct spelling...

KnitClickChick
07-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I have been getting these stupid things for weeks! I get several of them every day. I just keep reporting them as spam to Excite. Very annoying!! :hair:

Limey
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Silver has very kindly re-posted her message about the e-mail virus. Just scroll down the Off Topic page and you'll find it.

Thanks very much, Silver

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I have yet to recieve these, but my husband has been getting TONS of them on his work email.

Stonington
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
the other e-mail I get that is obviously spam is suppose to be from E-bay updating my information. I reported that to the true E-bay and received an e-mail saying that this is happening quite a bit. Just another thing to look out for I guess. :passedout:

anne