PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Pink Baby Blanket. Now FO with Bunny Buddy

aprilbetty
07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
This is the Baby Blanket (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafbh.htm) that I am working on for my DGD due in December. The yarn is Lion brand Pound of Love, and I am using size 10.5 needles in order to have a bigger blanket than the pattern gauge. The pattern is fun to do -- after I figured it out. I had to frog the first 20 rows, but now it is easy to see how the pattern goes.

I have finished two pink sweaters and a white lacy blanket -- will post pictures soon.

ekgheiy
07-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Ooo ... preeetty! ;)

ADAllen
07-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I really like that pattern. It's very pretty

knitaholic
07-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Beautiful blanket---I've thought about making that but right now, there's no babies to knit for (might make it anyway).

Knitaholic:lol:

Chel
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Very pretty!!! I have been eyeing that yarn-how does it feel knit up?

Jen17
07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
:woot::woot:This is the Baby Blanket (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafbh.htm) that I am working on for my DGD due in December. The yarn is Lion brand Pound of Love, and I am using size 10.5 needles in order to have a bigger blanket than the pattern gauge. The pattern is fun to do -- after I figured it out. I had to frog the first 20 rows, but now it is easy to see how the pattern goes.

I have finished two pink sweaters and a white lacy blanket -- will post pictures soon.
Just beautiful and I love the color...I have a new grandaughter due in December::woot: I can't wait. I'm working on a blanket now in pink, maybe I will due one in white.
Is it knitting up quickly?
Thanks,
Jen

aprilbetty
07-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Very pretty!!! I have been eyeing that yarn-how does it feel knit up?
It is very soft. I am enjoying knitting with this yarn. It is knitting up quickly, but of course not as quick as the little sweaters, because there are so many rows. One tip from me: I copied the pattern rows into a Word file and made the font bigger. Also where it says 'Row 19: repeat row 15' (for instance), I copied out row 15. The pattern was a lot easier to follow.

Susan P.
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
That's lovely..and I went to say it looks ultra soft and then saw your comment. It must be a pleasure seeing it all come together at this point! Good for you. :)

JudyD
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Very pretty!

:cheering::cheering::cheering:

JudyD

AussieYank
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Really beautiful. I'm sure it's great to see it all coming together.

auburnchick
07-25-2007, 09:47 PM
That pattern is so cute! What great yarn too!

Xyza
07-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm actually working on the same pattern. I hope mine turns out as good as yours!

Jaxhil
07-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Beautiful!! and what a lovely shade of pink-I bet you can't wait to meet your new grand-daughter! :)

Jenelle
07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
That's beautiful! :inlove:

aprilbetty
07-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks, everybody. I now have only one repeat (36 rows) to go, and I will be done! The only problem is I am bored with the pattern now. I have started a little baby cap and will get back to the blanket when I finish the cap -- maybe tomorrow. I love the way the blanket is turning out, though.

PamJ
07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Beautiful blanket! Can you tell me the dimensions it is turning out to be with the 10 1/2 needles? About how many ounces of the worsted weight yarn?

aprilbetty
07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Beautiful blanket! Can you tell me the dimensions it is turning out to be with the 10 1/2 needles? About how many ounces of the worsted weight yarn?
It is 32 in. wide, and will be about 40 in. long when I finish. (Instead of 28 x 36 in the pattern gauge.) I actually don't like using the 10.5 needles -- I feel like I have to knit tight with them, so for the next blanket I will use size 10 needles. The Lion Pound of Love makes one blanket, with yarn left over. I also did the 5-hour baby sweater and the Presto-Chango sweater with the same pink yarn, and I just started the second ball on the last repeat.

Thanks for the compliments.

lucky_alf2
07-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Look great! I did a mint green one that I (finally) finished in June of that same pattern :) I really like it!

PamJ
07-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you, Aprilbetty! I just bought 5 skeins of pink Bernat Satin with this pattern in mind, so it sounds like it will be enough. (17 1/2 ounces) I appreciate the suggestion to use size 10 needles--that's what I have always used for worsted baby blankets so they will feel just right! I may add one repeat to the center to compensate. The problem I had when I tried this pattern before was actually with the edging. I understood it for the border, but when you get to the main body, I didn't know how to fit in the repeats when the edge has less stitches than the pattern repeat--do you know what I mean? I was thinking maybe I should try a simpler seed stitch. Did you have any problem with this or can you tell me how you handled it? I really want to learn to do this pattern, and I hope mine will turn out as pretty as yours!

aprilbetty
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank you, Aprilbetty! I just bought 5 skeins of pink Bernat Satin with this pattern in mind, so it sounds like it will be enough. (17 1/2 ounces) I appreciate the suggestion to use size 10 needles--that's what I have always used for worsted baby blankets so they will feel just right! I may add one repeat to the center to compensate. The problem I had when I tried this pattern before was actually with the edging. I understood it for the border, but when you get to the main body, I didn't know how to fit in the repeats when the edge has less stitches than the pattern repeat--do you know what I mean? I was thinking maybe I should try a simpler seed stitch. Did you have any problem with this or can you tell me how you handled it? I really want to learn to do this pattern, and I hope mine will turn out as pretty as yours!
I did not have any problem with the edging. The moss stitch is just like a simpler seed stitch except that on the wrong side you knit the knit stitches and purl the purls. Make sure you put a marker on each side to mark the edges (7 stitches on each side). The only other thing is that the first stitch is always a knit stitch (on the right side) and then the moss stitch starts.

The problem I had was the way the pattern is written for the main repeats. (As I said earlier, I had to frog it once.) But then I realized that the diamond pattern just slides over one stitch (on every right side row) and there are 5 purl stitches in between each diamond. Does that make sense?

BTW I have finished my blanket! I will block it, and then post another picture. It is 32 x 40 in.

Lisa Kay
07-31-2007, 03:11 AM
Lovely pattern! Congrats on finishing. :happydance: Looking forward to the updated picture.

Hygiene Mama
07-31-2007, 04:54 PM
That's very, very pretty. I love the color. I'm also knitting a blanket made from the pound of love in the denim color for my nephew who is due at the end of August.

MerigoldinWA
07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
I love everything about your project. :cheering::cheering: The shade of pink is so nice and soft, and the pattern is lovely too. Yeah, for granddaughters!! :hug:

PamJ
07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank you again, Aprilbetty--that will help me a lot with the border. Good point about the diamond stitch sliding over. I've made many pink eyelet diamond blankets from the Leisure Arts big book of baby blankets--two children had to actually have a second blanket! My granddaughter's got cut up by her siblings (!!!!) and my cousin's grandbaby was so dependant on hers to sleep that I made her a back-up. It was a joy to do repeats, knowing how much both little ones loved their blankets. I think that's why I'm so drawn to this pattern--I really like the diamonds and want to learn a new way to do them. Thanks again for all your help. I have to make blankets for twin boys due in September and then will get back to pink!

becjo
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
That looks beautiful!!! I'm making my DGS a blanket too - doesnt feel like I'm going to finish it in time! Keep up the good work!

aprilbetty
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Here is the finished baby blanket, with a matching Bunny Buddy.

nonny2t
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
It is just gorgeous. The bunny is so cute too!:yay:

AnotherBecca
08-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I love it! Beautiful pattern and super-cute bunny!!

idahoknitter
08-03-2007, 12:22 AM
That pattern inspires me to knit a baby blanket because it is so beautiful! Where can I find the pattern?

Thanks for sharing this!

aprilbetty
08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
That pattern inspires me to knit a baby blanket because it is so beautiful! Where can I find the pattern?

Thanks for sharing this!
Here is the location for the pattern:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafbh.htm
It was easy to do after I got the hang of it. I copied the few lines of the pattern into a Word file, and expanded the directions.

Then I did the diamond pattern in the bunny to match.
Betty

dewdrops
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh such a pretty pink blanket and the bunny is so....cute.
I love it :heart: good job!!:cheering:

kblue
08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats so adorable!!! I love the bunny!