PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!! Getting a Tummy Tuck TOMORROW

Carla1019
07-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Long story,, but will give you the short story.

Was going to have a Tummy tuck on the (7-24), But after posting on a Tummy Tuck web page about what my PS was and was not going to do, They (the ladies) got on to me about my Plastic Surgery (pS) not going to do a Muscle repair (MR). So after me doing some more research, I cancel my apt.

I then got 2 new apt with 2 more different PS. Like both of them. Yes they both do MR. But one of the Dr, (Anderson) had a lady who is getting a divorce so she had a cancel,, Lucky me,, I am getting my TT Tomorrow!!!!!!!!:yay:
:woohoo::woohoo::yay::blooby:
I am have been busy running around all day to get stuff ready. I just saw the New PS on Tuesday, So I had to go back today to get pictures, sign papers and stuff.

I will get to set and do nothing but Knit as much as I want to..:knitting:

Quiltlady
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Good for you!! I hope it ends up being just what you hope it will be. Keep us posted. :waving:

Jan in CA
07-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Good luck to you! :hug:

LibraryLady
07-25-2007, 06:37 PM
:pray: Prayers out for a successful and uncomplicated procedure!

:muah: Here's to a wonderful recovery full of lots of :knitting:

LL

sugarfunpouch
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM
:pray: Prayers out for a successful and uncomplicated procedure!

:muah: Here's to a wonderful recovery full of lots of :knitting:

LL
Me too! :heart:

Sharly
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
What LibraryLady said!! :thumbsup: Good luck!

Kaydee
07-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Good luck!

feministmama
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow. So they are not only going to tuck your tummy but fix your tummy muscles? does that mean plastic surgeons can give you back tummy muscle you lost (say after having a baby?) That's awesome. Can you show us pictures? Or is that too weird? Good luck! Happy knitting!

msoebel
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Lucky you! I keep telling myself that I'm just too confident in myself to ever do something like that, but really, we just can't afford it.:teehee:

YAY for you!

Misty

marykz
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
hope it goes smoothly and that you get plenty of time to knit during recovery!

Chel
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Hope all is well!!!

Carla1019
07-29-2007, 01:22 PM
everything went well. my back is killing me. I have been trying to get up and walk around.. at a snail pace.
My DH leaves tomorrow for NY. He will be gone all week. so I have been trying to get myself out of bed. http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif
My DS-17, will be here and so will my DD. and my mom and dad only live 10min away.

I don't know how much i lost, the PS said he took 1 liter out of me , just with lipo (http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/liposuction/index.vm?procid=9), I don't know how much I lost with the extra skin (http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/beauty/index.vm?procid=13). I did weight myself, Ilost 4 lbs.
My whole family came by to see me yeasterday and could tell a big different.

can't keep my eye (http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/eyelidsurgery/index.vm?procid=6)s open.
I am also having a hard time focasing.

I want to get off the pain pills but can't stand the pain, I just want to fell like my self and not so drugy..

Hope you can read this, I am about to fall asleep.

Riss
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Just make sure you take it easy and don't over do it...

Hope you recover quickly!:hug:

Carla1019
07-29-2007, 01:40 PM
yes they repear your mucles you get a better flatter tummy. I also got lipo on my love handles.

NO knitting yet I can't keep eyes open.

If you want to watch what I had done yu can wtch this video (http://www.locateadoc.com/plastic-surgery-3d.cfm?pid=12&aid=54). just click on BODY then click on Full tummy tuck

auburnchick
07-29-2007, 03:52 PM
:hug:

You'll be back to your old self in no time!

DQ
07-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the results :hug:

Kaydee
07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Feel better!!!:hug:

knitaddict
07-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Glad to hear it went well - I wish you a quick and relatively painless recovery!

I've wanted to get a TT and MR done since i had my first son 5 years ago - he was SO huge (nearly 12 lb) that he destroyed my tummy muscles and the c-section belly looks so gross! Now that I have had our 2nd son (3 weeks ago) and he was 10 lbs himself, my tummy looks even worse. Is it an expensive procedure??

LibraryLady
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Hope you feel better real soon!

Prayers out you can feel like knitting during your recovery! :happydance:

LL

aineepooh1
07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
good luck~!:waving:

Carla1019
07-30-2007, 11:36 PM
cost 5,000 to 8,000 for round here.

dakatzmeow
07-31-2007, 02:21 AM
best wishes to you. keep taking your pain meds as long as you need them. if you are having large amounts of pain, you still need them. are you able to follow up with your doctor to make sure your pain levels are appropriate? you are about a week out and some of your pain should be easing a bit, i would think. i hope you will check back in with your doctor to make sure.

feministmama
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
yes they repear your mucles you get a better flatter tummy. I also got lipo on my love handles.

NO knitting yet I can't keep eyes open.

If you want to watch what I had done yu can wtch this video (http://www.locateadoc.com/plastic-surgery-3d.cfm?pid=12&aid=54). just click on BODY then click on Full tummy tuck

Wow! Some of the before and after photos on this website are amazing. So how long will this thing last? I mean our bodies are meant to sag. Will you just have to keep getting more tucks or does it last a long time?

Carla1019
07-31-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure how long it last, i know that if i gain more fat it will go somewhere else. =( And i'm not having this again...the pain!! i hope its worth it..

hunterjenn
08-01-2007, 01:11 AM
My mom had a tummy tuck about...:think: 10 years ago now? She was small to begin with, but between bad genes and childbirth/stretch marks, she just couldn't get rid of the potty tummy. :shrug:

Anyway, she's been really pleased with hers! Nothing counteracts gravity, but removing that one spot on her body that didn't fit with the rest made a huge difference. She's continued to be careful with her weight and nutrition, and she does find that she can still store fat there, but it doesn't seem to be the only place it goes now.

I'm saving up for mine, though I need to lose a good deal of weight before it makes any sense. :teehee: Congrats!