PDA

View Full Version : Sugar and Cream has SELF STRIPING YARN !

Debbie
07-26-2007, 06:33 AM
I got some at Joanns yesterday ! One is pinks and one is Blues ... they also had a Red White and Blue ... HOW FUN !!! It is not even on the S&C web site yet.

dustinac
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
:thumbsup: that sounds neat!!

suzeeq
07-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Yippee!

brookehanna
07-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I saw this yesterday too. both Joann and Michaels are really rushing to update their yarn collections...thank goodness!

Jan in CA
07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
That's neat!

I wish they had more self striping baby/DK/worsted weight yarns. It seems to mostly be sock yarn. :shrug:

feministmama
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
pictures? :tap:

marykz
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
That's neat!

I wish they had more self striping baby/DK/worsted weight yarns. It seems to mostly be sock yarn. :shrug:

Jan- I just got back from my Michael's and they had 2 new Bernat baby yarns that were self striping. one in blue/green and the other I think was yellow/green. I hadn't seen them before in this store. (and they are labeled as self striping, not just multicolor.....) I almost bought some to make a baby sweater for charity- maybe next time!

Jan in CA
07-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Jan- I just got back from my Michael's and they had 2 new Bernat baby yarns that were self striping. one in blue/green and the other I think was yellow/green. I hadn't seen them before in this store. (and they are labeled as self striping, not just multicolor.....) I almost bought some to make a baby sweater for charity- maybe next time!

Oh cool! Thanks, I'll check them out!

suzeeq
07-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I get to check Michaels and Joann's next week. Yay!! Yes, it's a big deal - neither one has a single store in the entire state. I'm going to my mom's to pack her up and move her and there's both in her town. So btw, I'll be gone all week.

amishgirl281
07-28-2007, 01:07 AM
They didn't already? I went to hobby lobby a month ago and picked up a few balls of some pretty green self-striping yarn from them. It was called Key Lime. I loved it!

Debbie
07-28-2007, 07:31 AM
I think "Key Lime Pie" is variegated ... It is one I buy often for Florida "themed" yarn or knitting gifts :) along with ...
"Swimming Pool" , "Beach Ball Blue", "Summer Splash", "Patio Pinks", "Playtime" and of course "Sunshine".

I LOVE the names S&C gives to their yarns !!

suzeeq
07-28-2007, 09:47 AM
They didn't already? I went to hobby lobby a month ago and picked up a few balls of some pretty green self-striping yarn from them.

That's what I'm wondering.... If it's any different from the variegated ones they alread had. The difference is that variegated have short color changes - only a few stitches, while self striping has long color changes that go for a row or three.

Debbie
07-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I know Femi ... I need to post pictures !
The name on the label is Sugar and Cream Stripes .... self-striping. The pink is called "Pinky Stripes" and the blue is "Tie Dye Stripes". The picture of the 11 x 17 placemat pattern looks like the stripes were about an inch apart ... so would be a bit wider on a dish cloth. ... make swatch ... take picture ... make swatch ... take picture ...

suzeeq
07-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll probably get to a store before I get back to the computer again to see the pictures, but thanks for clearing that up Debbie.