PDA

View Full Version : My first sweater!!!

EssenceRose
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I've finished my first sweater! Pretty sad considering how long I've been knitting for. LOL But I've finally done one. It turned out quite well for my first one, if I do say so myself. I knitted it for my daughter (she's only 11 weeks now but she'll grow into it). It was done using sean sheep yarn and the pattern can be found here www.seansheep.com

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EssenceRose/1stKnittedSweater.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Susan P.
07-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Ahh..you were the KH'er thrilled with the sean's wool buy weren't you? Good for you! What a glorious fit it will be. If you can get a nice corresponding pair of leggings that would be great! A couple of sites have patterns for leggings if you are so game :)

You must be thrilled. Have the grandmums seen a pic or the item yet? :thumbsup:

Slim
07-28-2007, 09:53 AM
That is just lovely! Beautiful yarn. How in the world do you find the time to knit with an 11-week old? I'm very impressed.

Quiltlady
07-28-2007, 10:11 AM
You did a wonderful job on it. Congratulations. Now you will be hooked and have to make many more.:cheering:

momwolf
07-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Nice job http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t224/momwolf53/animated68.gif

Jan in CA
07-28-2007, 01:28 PM
It's very pretty!

Jaxhil
07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Aaaaw, it's soo cute!! I agree-I can't imagine finding time to knit with a tiny baby in the house! I bet it helps your nerves, though, to have something peaceful to do . It would have for me! LOL.

Great job, I bet you can't wait to see her in it!

EssenceRose
07-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I did a woopsy and knitted the neckband a little too tight *looks embarassed* I had to do a quick fix job on it. Hehe. But she looks cute in it. It actually fits her now because it's nice and stretchy.

Re: the sean sheep yarn. I really liked the new range they've come out with. It's so pretty and glossy. However, as I was knitting with it I found a LOT (at least 4 or 5) of places where the yarn in the ball had been knotted. I was rather unimpressed because I hate the way knots look in my knitting. So while it's cheap and is nice to look at, the quality leaves something to be desired. I still like the way the finished product turned out, though. :)

Re: knitting with a new baby... LOL I'm lucky. Very very lucky. She's a very cruisy baby. She doesn't sleep much through the day but she's also quite content. And she's been sleeping through the night since she was 2 weeks old *touch wood* I might make a matching pair of bootees to go with that sweater. Hehe!

Mariblue
07-28-2007, 07:10 PM
That's the sweetest little baby sweater! I love the colors.

pdrite
07-28-2007, 07:19 PM
:yay:Congrads on finishing your first sweater. :happydance:

winterblues
07-29-2007, 02:38 AM
That's really cute, great job!!

:thumbsup:

MerigoldinWA
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Cute sweater and a good job. I'll need to check out the link to the pattern. I've never done anything from cuff to cuff like that looks like it is made. I want to check that out. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like your baby girl is a sweetie. I loved having little ones in the house. Mine are all grown, but have 6 grands and another one coming in October. :-)

astonh
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Congratulations on completing your first sweater. :woohoo: As many have already noted, it IS precious. I actually just started my first sweater and already wish I were done. ;O)

Also, I LOVE the yarn you used. SOOOO cute for a little girl...or a big girl, for that matter. Congrats again! And congrats also on your little one!

Sia
07-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Fantastic job for a first jumper, well done :cheering:

EssenceRose
07-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I snapped a photo of her wearing it! The only mistake I made was sewing up the collar just a tiny bit too tight, so I had to go back and fix that. But I think she looks just adorable in it! Of course, I'm very very biased! LOL

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EssenceRose/NewSweater4Cadence.jpg

Lisa Kay
08-01-2007, 11:20 PM
:cheering: Beautiful job on the sweater! Good for you! :thumbsup:

And what a sweetheart of a baby. :heart: Congrats!