View Full Version : Garter Ridge

07-28-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm a fairly new knitter and am working on a felted box from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. The pattern directs you to
knit "garter ridge" sitches. This sounds like a dumb question,
but is this different than regular garter stich? The book assumes the reader knows what it is. Thanks! Cynthia

07-28-2007, 09:33 PM
When you knit garter, you get the ridges automatically. Each purl-bump row is a ridge. They use it because it's easier to count the ridges in garter than the rows. Each ridge is 2 rows.