PDA

View Full Version : Monkey or Jaywalker?

PaperGirl
07-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Halp!

I have a dilemma! Which do I cast on?

I like them both...really really really do.

But Im not sure which would look better!

I have some yummy orangey/pink sock yarn from the Summer Swap...some yummy hand dyed merino pink/yellow Taffy from PoppyFlowerFibers, and Lornas Laces in Bee Stripe.

Ive got to decide what yarn to use for which pattern!

Halp! Please? :hair: I dont know what to decide! :roflhard:

Hubby thinks Im nuts asking for opinions, but they arent HIS socks. :fingerwag:

kristinw
07-29-2007, 09:29 PM
They both are great and easy to knit. The Jaywalkers are an easier pattern to memorize (I think a 4 row repeat), where as Monkeys are an 11 row repeat. So if you want more of a mindless knit go for the Jaywalkers.

Ariane100
07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
I think with bold stripes the Jaywalkers would be nicer. Also, from the FOs I have seen online, the pattern on the Monkeys seems to be easily obscured by too busy colorways.

redheadrachel
07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm for Monkeys :)

want2knit
07-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I would do the Bee Stripe yarn with the Jaywalkers. Monkeys are next up on my list, I love the way they look! Then I am going to do the Jaywalkers.

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
:muah:

I was holding yarn up, and snooping in Ravelry...

I think the Bee Stripe will be Jaywalkers..and the pretty solid color from the Summer Swap will be Monkey.

1to1
07-30-2007, 11:50 AM
JAYWALKERS its a 2-row repeat. I'm working on a pair now and they are very easy. Stripes look way cool.

cheesiesmom
07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I liked the jaywalker pattern but was put off by the fact that so many people had commented on them being sort of tight/hard to get over the heel.

I know that the designed has posted a "larger" pattern, so if you go for jaywalker, you may want to check out the alternative sizing if you have a larger foot.